Last Modified on Sep 29, 2014
Colloidal silver is a safe and effective alternative medical treatment for sinus infections, with antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. With nearly 32 million cases reported to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention annually, sinus infections can easily be considered one of the most common low-risk health conditions. However, just because the condition is low-risk in terms of associated health effects does not mean treatment isn’t warranted or necessary. Because of pressure, inflammation in the nasal cavity and congestion, a sinus infection can be extremely uncomfortable and even painful. Colloidal silver can help.
The Vicious Treatment Cycle
Many people suffer with sinus infections until they begin feeling pain and see a frequent thick, yellow or greenish nasal discharge. At this point, they turn to sinus medication, triggering the onset of the vicious treatment cycle. Most over-the-counter and even prescribed medications provide only temporary relief and actually end up drying the sinuses and nasal passages. This drying effect prevents the draining of mucous, which leads to further buildup in the sinuses, more pain and more congestion.
Colloidal Silver – The Natural Antimicrobial
Colloidal silver is a home remedy that many people rely on. As soon as they feel the first signs of a sinus infection (or similar ailment), they sniff a teaspoon into the sinus cavity or use a neti pot, take a spoonful or inhale the mist from a nebulizer. A natural mineral, colloidal silver is an effective treatment for a wide range of conditions – sinus infections in particular.
How silver works:
Colloidal silver is a very efficient natural antimicrobial, effective at eliminating hundreds of types of disease-causing bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses. This home cure is so effective, it is frequently used on wound dressings and has performed successfully in a number of research studies.
How to use colloidal silver:
Colloidal silver is typically used in conjunction with a neti pot. The silver is available in a liquid form which can be dropped into a mixture of warm salt water. After mixing, transfer the solution to the neti pot and insert the solution into the nasal passages using the nozzle. Allow the sinuses to drain.
Potential Side Effects
When used in moderation, colloidal silver is considered a safe treatment. However, the product does present the risk of silver accumulation in the body. Those who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or who are breastfeeding should not use the treatment.
This simple treatment defeats the vicious treatment cycle most individuals encounter when it comes to healing a sinus infection. Silver is a natural antimicrobial that eliminates infection without drying the sinuses to produce the highest degree of relief possible.
Alan B. G. Lansdown, “A Pharmacological and Toxicological Profile of Silver as an Antimicrobial Agent in Medical Devices,” Advances in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 2010, Article ID 910686, 16 pages, 2010. doi:10.1155/2010/910686
Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research 2010, 29:148? doi:10.1186/1756-9966-29-148
Hello, I have a serious sore throat, my ears are plugged and a bit of a cough. I finally went to the doc today and they said it was a sinus infection. She prescribed me antibiotics but I would much rather go the all natural rought. I have colloidal silver and was wondering what sort of dosage should I use. I've had this for 5 days now! Thanks sooooo much! Y'all are a huge help
[YEA] I use Colloidal Silver with liquid Chlorophyll drops, and a pinch of salt in my Neti pot. Cured my last acute sinus infection in 3 days! Usually takes weeks to a month with antibiotics, followed by digestion issues. This stuff is great when stuffy with light sensitivity if I haven't caught it in time.
[YEA] Concerning persistent sinus infections, all the posts above are enlightening and helpful. But if all else fails by all means don't forget to try colloidal silver. Over many years of fighting sinus problems I know this; when allergies strike and I'm getting stuffy, either a virus/fungus/bacteria is at work or the stuffiness will lead to an infection in short order. I get out my trusty colloidal silver (I make my own) and squirt some into both sinus cavities. One side will usually sting a bit. And poof. Stuffyness gone. Maybe one more application to both sinuses. Caught early enough I can knock out 90 percent of all infections immediately. The other 10 percent I have to keep re applying the colloidal silver over a day or two before being completely eliminated. I went from having four or five bad colds/broncial infections a year to none.