Posted by Mama to Many (Tennessee) on 09/01/2014
I hear what you are saying! I often pretty hesitant to try something new with health and will have to read about it many, many times before I jump in to it, especially when it is labelled as something that is not to be ingested! I, too, have thought, “Turpentine? Are you crazy?” “Borax? Isn’t that poisonous?” etc.
But often the more I look in to it, the more sense it makes. The turpentine that Om mentions, the organic stuff made in GA, is distilled from pine rosin. It is a completely natural product. It reminds me of how my sons made maple syrup in the spring by tapping our maple trees and boiling off the water. They took a part from the tree and processed it and made a great and nutritious food! So, I bought some of the organic turpentine from Ga. It smells quite amazing. Very “piney.” But, true to my nature, it sat for months without me even trying it. I had no specific need for it, but just wanted it on hand to try when I got brave enough. I have used it topically a couple of times for joint pain. I am currently using it to worm my goats since nothing else natural or otherwise has worked. So far, so good.
Regarding Borax…it is a natural product mined from the earth, like salt.
Here is a quote I love:
“Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy.” ~ Paracelsus
Taking a ton of borax would be a bad idea, and so would taking a ton of salt. Likewise, lobelia is an amazing herb. But if too much is taken, it causes vomiting.
I believe that people are taking borax and turpentine in very small quantities, measured by drops or ¼ teaspoons. Drinking them in any large quantity would not seem wise.
Borax is sodium tetraborate decahydrate – or Na2B4O7 • 10H2O. Sounds rather scary, except, that when you break it down you get, Sodium, Boron, and H2O.
I am just beginning to use these two things myself, so I have no remedies or successes to share yet, but hope to at some point.
The hydrogen peroxide inhalation therapy sounded rather scary to me for a while. But then I realize you are dealing with hydrogen and oxygen. Things we already breathe. I have used it in a nebulizer recently with shocking success.
Anyway, some skepticism is wise, I think. It makes sense to read and study and ask questions. Thanks for asking valid and good questions. I will look forward to hearing some other thoughts on the matter!
~Mama to Many~