Posted by Anonymous (Paramus, New Jersey) on 01/29/2013
[YEA] BV has been something that has haunted me for years. It has caused many trips to the gyno, stunk up my sex life and even helped turn conception to a chemical pregnancy. It is really just an awful infection that can really embarrass and inconvenience a girl.
With that being said, I wanted to share with everyone how I have beat this thing! The last 2 weeks have been completely BV free. Woohoo!
I started with a trip to the gyno. She prescribed me metrogel (again) and I knew that if I really wanted this thing gone I would have to partner up with some other natural cures. I did some research and stocked up on probiotics. These little guys saved my lady parts. I started taking them right after I started the metrogel. My logic was that the meds would be killing ALL of the bacteria in my bod, so I needed to build up the good ones before the bad took over again.
I also decided to switch up my diet while on the meds just to help push my good bacteria over the edge. To do the same you would need to cut out processed sugars, booze and grains completely. Also, limit dairy, fruits, and caffeine. So basically I just ate veggies, lean proteins, yogurt and pure cranberry juice all week. It was a rough week, but it seemed to do the job. (:
A couple of other notes--
- I went out and bought Summers Eve PH wipes and shower gel from Walgreens. It seemed to help!
- When I have alot of sex or just got off of my period I take two probotics. One in the morning and one with dinner.
- The metrogel causes a yeast infection in most women. Just head to Walgreens and get the 3 or 7 day pack and keep doing what your doing.
- I still attempt to make healthy food choices, processed foods are out and green veggies in!
- I drink a small glass of Kefir in the morning, or eat a bunch of greek yogurt. Both are plain and unsweetened, but you could add a couple of berries to spice things up if you have a bad sweet tooth. I also drink pure cran juice whenever I can. Its pretty sour but if you cut it with sparkling water its not too bad. (:
- I now make my man clean up before we get intimate and I always shower with the PH wash after. Or if anything I'd use the PH wipes when in a bind. (Oh! And TMI-- I won't let him cum inside me anymore, sperm has a PH of 7 and our lady parts need to be at 4.5)
- I'm still taking the probotic every morning and hope one day to stop completely. But I figure that if I have to take this one small pill for the rest of my life to not have BV, I'm ok with that.
I hope this helps and works for you ladies!
Best Wishes! -A