Like a lot of other readers I've been suffering with eczema for a good part of my life, at least 20 years. I've tried everything under the sun... Both western medicine and alternative. I stopped using the steroid creams after reading about the side effects and tried the holistic approaches including acupuncture, diet changes, etc.
A combination of ACV and diet changes seems to have done the trick! My eczema has gone down significantly (been about 2 weeks now) and the flare ups only occur when I get stressed out.
I followed the instructions of what many other readers have suggested but added a few of my own changes:
- 2 tbls ACV in 8oz of water (twice a day - morning and evening)
- Application of virgin coconut oil on eczema areas (twice a day - after morning shower and before going to bed)
- Cut out *ALL* dairy, fried foods, soda, refined sugar (I now use honey instead), beef, pork, and wheat (gluten). I still eat chicken and fish...
- Increased the amount of fruits and vegetables I consume considerably
- Drink at least 4 8oz glasses of water per day
- Try to have a positive attitude as much as I can (we always have a choice on how we react to life events... Took me a long time to realize this but it's true. If you're interested, check out Heal Your Life by Louise Hay).
I'm hope this helps if you're at your wits end on how to deal with eczema. Good luck!
And last but not least, thank you Earth Clinic for hosting this thread and for sharing all this incredible information!!! Knowledge is power, it truly is.