SPECIAL PROBIOTICS FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEM.
There are a number of articles available on metabolic syndrome in the net. Two such articles are as follows:
1) Metabolic syndrome – Symptoms and Causes – Mayo Clinic.
2) Metabolic syndrome – Cleveland Clinic.
According to Mayo clinic, metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that occur together, increasing your risk of:
1) heart disease,
2) stroke and
3) Type 2 diabetes.
These conditions include increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels. A metabolic disorder occurs when the metabolism fails and causes the body to have either too much or too little of the essential substances needed to stay healthy. Any disease associated with metabolic disorder can be cured only by following one or more of the following:
1) Consume probiotics with the required probiotic strains to fix the underlying metabolic disorders in the digestive system.
2) Consume fibre-rich foods (e.g., ground flax seed, cinnamon powder, etc.) so that it will help in the multiplication of probiotic microorganisms (microbes) since fibres are food for good microbes.
3) Reduce the consumption of sugar since sugar is the food for bad microbes in the digestive system.
There are a number of articles available in the net suggesting probiotic treatment to solve high blood pressure problem. Four such articles are given below:
1) Probiotic use in the management of Hypertension – A new era of therapeutic management.
2) Probiotics and blood pressure – current insights.
3) The improvement of Hypertension by Probiotics: Effects on Cholesterol, Diabetes, Renin and Phytoestrogens.
4) Effect of Probiotics on Blood Pressure.
Some of recommended probiotic strains to treat high blood pressure problem are given below in the order of important:
1) L. Helveticus – It exerts ACE (angiotension converting enzyme) inhibitory activity by producing antihypertensive bioactive peptides. Peptides are short chain of 2 and 50 amino acids. Protein contains more than 50 amino acids. Peptides are miniature protein. Peptides are easily absorbable by the body compared to protein. This is a very important probiotic strain to control high blood pressure.
2) Lactococcous Lactis – It synthesize vitamin K2 from the food we eat. Vitamin K2 guides calcium to its final destination, bone and teeth. It will not allow calcium to be deposited in the wrong areas.
3) L. Plantarum – It synthesize nitric oxide from the food we consume. Nitric oxide will try to dilate all blood vessels in the body. It will also try to reduce triglyceride level.
4) L. Reuteri – It will increase circulating Vitamin D. But if a person is Vitamin D deficient, the person should take additional Vitamin D3 supplement. It will also try to reduce cholesterol level.
5) L. Rhamnosus – It synthesize nitric oxide from the food we consume. Nitric oxide will try to dilate all blood vessels in the body.
6) L. Gassri – It will try to reduce cholesterol level. It is also anti inflammatory.
I searched the net and found 6 brands that contain all six required probiotic strains and are listed below in the alphabetical order:
1) CaptainBiotics Probiotic – 19 probiotic strains.
2) INNATE Vitality women's Probiotic – 17 probiotic strains.
3) InnovixLabs Multi strain Probiotic – 31 probiotic strains.
4) NewRhythm Probiotic – 20 probiotic strains.
5) Wholesome RAW Probiotics 100 Billion CFU – 34 probiotic strains.
6) Terranics Probiotic – 19 probiotic strains.
One can select one of these brands based on user reviews, user ratings, price, etc. and take one tablet / capsule per day for about 60 days. One may also take 2 teaspoon of ground flax seed at night since fibre-rich flax seed is a prebiotic food. I believe it is a simple and effective treatment for high blood pressure problem.