Apple Cider Vinegar
Natural Remedies

Apple Cider Vinegar: Uses, Health Benefits and FAQ

Flus and Colds

Posted by Betsy (Morrow, Georgia) on 06/24/2008
5 out of 5 stars

My 96 year old Grandmother insisted on 2 Tbl of vinegar 3 times a day in something you were drinking. She was right and vinegar continues to my answer for just about everything. 2 Tblspoons in your drink, every day and you should never be sick. A week before she passed away, she was reminding me to drink my vinegar!

Posted by Nancy (Arlington, TX)
5 out of 5 stars

I have been real sick with a viral infection and flu my neighbor fixed me some Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey. Equal parts of each. It has worked wonders. It cuts the phlegm in your throat and helps with all that was ailing me. I am so glad to find out about this. I also heard that cinnamon with it works wonders as well. Just a teaspoon or so. Thank you and God Bless.

EC: 8 Readers have found success by drinking apple cider vinegar (diluted or straight) the moment they started to feel ill and continuing to take it until all symptoms subsided. (24 - 48 hours).

See our other, "Beat the Flu!" remedies.

Food Poisoning

Posted by Deirdre (USA) on 05/01/2002
5 out of 5 stars

I took a shot's worth of straight apple cider vinegar the moment I got home from a restaurant suffering from a queasy stomach. I usually dilute apple cider vinegar in water, but knew this time it had to go down straight if it was to work fast. Remarkably, it stopped my queasy stomach within 5 minutes. I am certain I did not get food poisoning because the apple cider vinegar quickly destroyed the bacteria in my colon and stomach. Amazing!

Posted by Jill (St. Paul, MN)
5 out of 5 stars

Had cramping only for 5 days. Tried this cure. Within 5 minutes, cramping released. Thank you. Very strong, worked great.

Posted by Teresa (Ventura, CA)
5 out of 5 stars

After eating at a local restaurant, I had the irregular bowel movement and the runs really bad. For 5 days it lasted until I started taking ACV. I started taking it religiously, 2Tbs. morning and evening. The next day I was amazingly cured! I became regular. I know this stuff works like VOODOO.

Posted by Amanda (Atlanta, GA)
5 out of 5 stars

I came to this site after being released from the hospital. I had been hospitalized from 2 days because of bacterial gastroenteritis (food poisoning) and severe dehydration that resulted. Needless to say, I was depleted, weak and tired the day I got out. After reading about Apple Cider Vinegar that first day out, I decided to give it a try and drank 1 tbsp straight. Within an hour or two I was bouncing around the house! I left, went shopping for hours, came home and did chores, started calling up friends... it was really amazing!

EC: We suggest that you drink straight apple cider vinegar the moment you feel you might have food poisoning. Don't wait!!! Better yet, take it before going to a barbeque, or any event where the food may have been sitting around for a while.

Dosage: In the case of food poisoning, we recommend pasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar as it is extremely strong. Grocery stores will carry at least one, if not more, commercial brands of ACV. Heinz is a good brand, but any will do. DO NOT DILUTE IT. However, be prepared for your throat and stomach to burn!

Make sure you brush your teeth with baking soda afterwards to protect your dental enamel.

Read many more testimonials about ACV and food poisoning here.teeth with baking soda afterwards to protect your dental.

Read many more testimonials about ACV and food poisoning here.

Foot Health

Posted by Queenie (Houston, Texas) on 12/16/2009
5 out of 5 stars

Apple cider vinegar cured my hurting feet within 3 days i will continue drinking it for weight loss, i am so thankful.

Posted by John (Lanarkshire, UK) on 07/26/2008
5 out of 5 stars

Put about a pint of distilled white or cider vinegar into a basin of warm water and soak feet. This deodorizes and softens calluses at the same time. Rinsing socks in this solution after washing acts like a built-in odour eater.

Foul Smelling Stools

Posted by Susan (USA)
5 out of 5 stars

Regular ingestion of ACV with water helps to reduce the incidence of foul-smelling stools. My wife was amazed!

Fountain of Youth

Posted by Val (Tampa, Florida) on 06/27/2009

Anyone taken ACV for 10 years or more consistently? Just wondering if you look younger than others in your age group who haven't? And how? Or do you know someone who has been taking it for 10 years or more? Thank you!

Replied by Tara
Clarkston, Washington
5 out of 5 stars

My mother in law is in her eighties.She doesn't drink or smoke and takes her acv everyday and has for decades.Her skin is beautiful!!!!!!It has not helped her emphysema at all or her weight but she barely has wrinkles.

Posted by Alfred Baron (Bangkok, Thailand) on 03/28/2009
5 out of 5 stars

please take two tea spoon in 8 oz glass of water, 3 times each day.. you can take more, NO side effects..I take before I eat on an empty stomach.. you can take when ever you want.. This stuff works .YOU will get well and stay well.. I am only 81 yrs young.. been taking it in USA for 22 years, now just retired in Thailand.. In the future i plan on bottleing it in my name.. Not to make a profit but to make people healthier.. Health is worth more than money. My organic ACV will be sold at a lower cost to fit everyones budget.
Stay well my friends


Posted by Teresa (Grand Valley, Ontario Canada) on 12/22/2010
5 out of 5 stars

Does anyone know if ACV will help ingrown toenails either by drinking it or by soaking feet in it? I am currently taking it for bronchitis and have noticed that my toenail fungus is disappearing. My son has terrible problem with ingrown toenails. Thanks. Teresa

Posted by Jacky (USA)
5 out of 5 stars

My husband had a fungus under his skin in the abdomen and drank 3-5 tablespoons of ACV each day and it cleared up in no time at all. Since the doctor could not explain or cure his problem, I have a theory. My husband had been on a lot of different antibiotics over the past several years for some issues he had and the antibiotics messed up his immune system where he contracted this fungus. Thanks be unto God for ACV!

EC: Read many more fungus remedies here.

Gall Bladder Issues

Posted by B (Richmond, Va) on 01/20/2013
5 out of 5 stars

I had the worse pain in my life from what they think is gallstones. After listening to an infomercial on you tube it recommended ACV one teaspoon in a glass of Apple juice. After drinking it the pain immediately decreased and in fifteen minutes was completely gone. Best thing ever.

Replied by Lindae
Ventura, CA

If you are having gallbladder attacks, flush out the stones with a liver cleanse. olive oil, epson salt and grapefruit juice. You can use the apple juice to soften
the stones before you do the cleanse. The attacks could also mean that your liver is compromised by toxic materials like heavy metals besides the stones.

Posted by Karen (Salt Lake City, NV)
5 out of 5 stars

Have had years of trouble with irritable bowel syndrome and, more recently, gallbladder problems. Since drinking ACV (even during an attack) I find relief from these conditions and I now have only 1-2 gallbladder attacks per year after only 1 year of ACV. I previously had 1-2 attacks per month and was considering surgery.

EC: Read many more remedies for gall bladder issues here.