Rob's Hair Puddy Thickener and Growth Formula
I am 55 years old male and suffering from receding hairline, thin and brittle hair, tips of my hair are thin. I found a recipe online but required ingredients like honey, coconut milk, etc. I didn't know what to call this stuff. It sets-up like banana pudding so I call it Hair Puddy.
Here is my simplified recipe.
* 8 oz Plastic wide-mouth cosmetic container (re-use, re-purposed from dollar tree) so you can keep in the shower.
* Dr Bronner's Castile Soap - Peppermint (Ingredients: Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Olive Oil, Mentha Arvensis, Fair Deal Hemp Oil, Jojoba Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol)
* Gerneir Fructis Pure Clean Aloe Shampoo (bought at Dollar General) The enzymes in Aloe cause your hair to appear much healthier and glossier. It is a quick and effective element for damaged hair. It strengthens the hair and causes the locks to appear much bouncier and shiny. If you're wondering how to stop hair from falling out, aloe vera is a great home remedy for treating hair loss. Aloe vera works to soothe and calm a damaged scalp, creating a healthy environment for hair cells to replenish and flourish. Aloe also helps clean up sebum, an oil that clogs follicles and prevents hair from growing back. To effectively use this natural hair loss treatment, simply massage pure aloe vera gel directly along your scalp, or find an aloe vera-based shampoo.
* 2 oz bottle Decolorized iodine 2% w/ spray bottle (bought at wal-mart) If you experience hair loss because of an iodine deficiency, getting enough of this mineral may help correct your thyroid hormone levels and stop hair loss. An iodine deficiency may prevent hair follicles from regenerating.
* 30 drops fenugreek essential oil (online) An age-old remedy for when your hair is losing volume. While it stimulates blood flow to the scalp, it also nourishes the hair follicles to promote faster and healthier new growth. Not only that, but it also acts as a great alternative to store-bought conditioner. The mucilage content replenishes the hair and provides smoothness allowing us to detangle our hair easily post every wash. This also helps restore luster. Fenugreek has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help with dandruff, scalp irritation and acne. And, if you are losing hair due to menopause/hormonal issues, I highly recommend fenugreek since it is high in estrogen and thus will help prevent hair from thinning.
* 1 tablespoon Olive oil (Olive oil is one of the top emollients because not only is it packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats, it makes for the perfect relief to a dry, itchy scalp." Olive can also help fight bacterial infections while strengthening the hair, which makes it an ideal addition to a hair mask, deep conditioner, or as a hot oil treatment to boost hydration and soften your coils. Research on the effect of olive oil shows that it can have a major moisturizing effect. Olive oil could add softness and strengthen hair by penetrating the hair shaft and preserving moisture. The shine said to come from olive oil may be due to the oil smoothing the outer cuticle of the hair.)
* 1 tablespoon Castor oil (Castor oil is very effective at preventing hair loss and improving hair growth, stops premature greying for several reason. Due to its incredible antibacterial and antifungal properties, it's very beneficial against dandruff, follliculitus, and scalp infections. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that promotes circulation to the scalp and helps with hair growth. Additionally, castor oil is also loaded with antioxidants that help the hair to become smoother and stronger. )
* Place 1 TSP each of olive oil and castor oil, 30 drops fenugreek essential oil into clean cosmetic container. Add 6 oz Dr Bronner's Castile Soap.
* Blend well by stirring with a butter knife ti uniformed. Keep container in shower for use.
* Apply about ½ teaspoon full in your hand (longer hair will take more) and a squirt of “Gerneir Fructis Pure Clean Aloe Shampoo” and massage into wet scalp and hair, once a day.
* Leave in hair for at least 10 minutes (longer if you can); rinse and dry hair as normal.
Results: I started noticing my dry brittle hair becoming stronger and thicker and growing like crazy within a week. We measured my hair for 30 days growth. And in 30 days my hair grew 4 ½ inches. The receding hairline is starting to fill back in with a daily spray of Decolorized iodine on the skin in my hairline.
2 month update: Hair is looking like it did in my early 30's. But much thicker and softer.
My amazing hair growth turnaround has not been mentioned here.
Firstly, I agree with externally using Borax (high alkaline) for hair wash, then follow up rinse with ACV (vinegar is high acid - matching natural scalp pH). BUT because I practiced very low Keto, I eat zero (almost) of brans and grains. My top hair was thinning for years in my 50s. BUT WHEN I ADDED Marmite/Vegemite spread daily into my diet - a miracle happened.
My hair began to grow thicker and faster and than ever in my life. Marmite is Brewer's Yeast (the good kind). It also has loads of B vitamins. I am a keen observer of change. This is the one for my problems I tried Silica with some success, but Barley and Brewer's Yeast (in Marmite) may be the thing missing. Remember the 'beer rinse' wives tales? I am getting new scalp growth that I haven't seen since my 20's. So thankful. Hope this helps someone on Keto out there too.
I was introduced to the rice water hair remedy about 2 years ago and I've seen AMAZING RESULTS since using it. It is full of all of the nutrients that helps the hair grow longer, thicker and also helps if you have thinning/breaking hair, bald spots, alopecia, hereditary hair loss. IT WORKS!
My hair loss remedy is using rice water and aloe vera gel from the plant.
Rice water recipe:
One cup of long grain organic rice in a bowl (white/brown/jasmin) your preference. Please rinse rice before preparation to rid any impurities.
Add 2 cups of distilled or alkaline water to the rice.
Cover the bowl with saran wrap and let ferment for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator. Make sure you refrigerate the rice water. If you leave it out it has a putrid smell.
Before preparing to wash your hair take the rice water out of the refrigerator, strain into a clean bowl. Your water will appear cloudy,milky looking. Those are the nutrients from the rice.
Pour water into a spray bottle. After shampooing and conditioning hair, saturate the scalp and hair with rice water concentrating on the troubled areas the most.
Place a shower cap and leave in your hair from 30 mins to 2 hours. (I prefer 2 hours). Once time has elapsed, rinse hair with cool water.
I get one stalk (large) from my aloe vera plant, cut it open and you can either scrape the gel out of the plant or rub the plant throughout the scalp and leave in.
These 2 natural remedies together has given me amazing results.
FYI: I do practice a healthy diet eating lots of dark green leafy veggies (kale, spinach, cilantro, basil) and I drink lots of water. I have omitted refined sugar from my diet and red meats. This alone has also helped in my hair growth journey.
I hope this helps anyone who's experiencing these hair troubles.
Argan oil - the kind you eat (culinary type), not the kind you apply topically has stopped my hair from coming out and I feel it is thicker and fuller. You can take up to tablespoon a day for men and just under a tablespoon a day for women. good luck
After reading about the Apple Cider Vinegar, I decided to give it a try for my excessive hair loss, which started around menopause 5 years ago. My hair is so thin now compared to the lush head of thick hair I had.
To my utter astonishment my hair is not falling out any more, I drink 2 tablespoons 3x daily, and twice a week I rub some into my scalp and leave it on for one hour.
I no longer clog up the sink and shower drain, or the vacuum, what a miracle tonic, I have also cured my hot flashes with this also.
I will take this for life!
B12 stopped my unnatural hair loss.
As I recall, it took about a month or so. I was also taking a low dose of B-complex. 1000 mcg of a sublingual lozenge of B12 is a good average amount to try. Many people find that after 6 months of this, they are able to reduce their thyroid meds.
When the proper amount of B's are supplied, they can help balance electrolytes, which in turn may help with blood pressure. It may also help lower BP to increase potassium in diet. This should be done very carefully if the BP med. is a potassium sparing type, though.
Last January I started using Apple Cider Vinegar to help with post holiday weight loss. About 3 months later I noticed that I had 1 1/2 inch sprouts of hair all over my head, particularly at the crown. I tried to figure out what caused this and the only change I had made was the ACV. I Googled "ACV, hair regrowth" and there it was! My husband started taking it and within a week we could see little hairs growing where there had only been shiny scalp before! He told the guys and work, and everyone who has tried it found it worked for them! Amazing! I was taking about 1 teaspoon at first. My husband 1-2 Tablespoons daily with a little pinch of baking soda.
We also started taking kelp tablets to help with the iodine depletion that sometimes accompanies ACV treatments. Another side benefit: my acid reflux is gone and my husband's snoring is greatly reduced.
To Melinda re: Saw Palmetto for hair loss... forget Saw Palmetto. Saw Palmetto regnerates tissue. There's some conflicting information out there, but it does not appear to be safe for women to take, especially if you have fibroids or endometriosis, and most especially if you don't know it!
I went through nine years of hell with hair loss, which started at perimenopause. I would be out to dinner with a friend and hunks of hair would fall into my plate. I'd wash my hair and would fill up the toilet bowl with the hair that would come out. (And yes, I originally had a ton of hair, below the shoulder in length and very thick.) This wasn't just a general thinning, but patchy fallout and breakage. Every winter the hair would change texture, get hard as a rock and break off at the roots at the left side of the crown and at the nape of the neck. When I couldn't hide the damage, I wore wigs. I wore wigs for five out of those nine years. Doctors and herbalists couldn't find the cause. My thyroid checked out normal on blood tests; I did not have a fungal infection of the scalp. I tried everything I could think of: MSM worked for a little while, so did Black Walnut Hull tincture. I had some luck with Black Cohosh for a year, then it rebounded on me and I had to stop.
Finally, in 2006, a friend of mine sent me to a lecture on adrenal fatigue. I later had myself "spit" tested for levels of estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, thyroid hormones, cortisol and DHEA. Well, it turns out that at 5PM each day, I had no cortisol. Zip, nada. My adrenals were in trouble and there was no way they could take over and compensate for the lowered hormone output of menopause. The protocol for raising levels of cortisol is to take DHEA and Pregnenalone (sp?). Unfortunately, between slop bucket hot flashes, extreme fatigue and flipping out, I was too sensitive to take those "precursor" hormones.
Four months after this, I got very sick with Bronchitis and could not get rid of it for three months. A herbalist I was seeing for the Bronchitis decided that my problems were nutritional and prescribed a herbal mix that I was to take as nutrients and not as medicine. Well, my body didn't react too well to that, either, so I decided to buy the herbs in bulk and try them one by one to see which one was disagreeing with me. One of the herbs was RED RASPBERRY LEAF, WHICH ALONG WITH KELP, GAVE ME MY HAIR BACK!!!! It was noticeable within days. I started the tea in March; by early May my hair had filled in enough that I was able to cut my hair in a short style and ditch the wig. Red Raspberry is known as a female tonic and mild alterative that tones the uterus, stops hemorrhages and diarrhea, reduces fevers, cures mouth ulcers and stimulates hair growth. It's delicious, inexpensive and you don't need much of it.
Purchase Red Raspberry Leaf in bulk at any reputable herb store or coop. When buying Kelp in bulk, get the granulated kind that looks like pepper. The fine powder Kelp is too clumpy and doesn't mix or sprinkle well.
Put 1/2 teaspoon of Raspberry Leaf in infuser or strainer.
Pour boiling water in cup to cover. Steep for 10 minutes, or if you like, to lukewarm.
Drink a cup of this twice a day. When your hair is recovered, reduce to once a day.
Kelp: 1/4 teaspoon twice a day; once in AM, once in late afternoon. Just put it on the spoon and follow with a big glass of water, or sprinkle it on your food. Can cause sleeplessness if taken in evening. Can also take 1/2 teaspoon once a day. Adjust dosage depending on how it effects you.
Another thing that's helpful -- switch to an organic shampoo and conditioner. Especially conditioner! You'll notice a difference right away. My hair texture really changed; it became much more elastic! Some "organics" are really organic and some are not. If you email me, I'd be glad to tell you what I used. If you go to Organic Consumer website you should be able to find a link to a list of products that are NOT AUTHENTIC or are contaminated with toxins, so you can screen any hair products you are interested in against the list.
I realize this is long, but I thought the story needed to be told. It wasn't until last year on an annual physical that it was discovered that I had hundreds of tiny cysts on my thyroid, yet all my numbers were still normal. Red Raspberry might work for you. Good luck, Melinda.
I had a rebonding done in Dec 2005. Eversince, my hair started falling, at first it wasn't that remarkable, but gradually, more and more hair was falling off everytime I showered or combed my hair. It was becoming alarming and then decided to try ACV which worked wonders in 1day only. I had some diluted ACV applied to my hair and scalp for about 6 hours and washed my hair. That day only less hair fell when I washed and combed afterwards. Since then, I use ACV as my last rinse. It's truly working wonders. Hats off to these wonders of nature.