Rob's Hair Puddy Thickener and Growth Formula
I am 55 years old male and suffering from receding hairline, thin and brittle hair, tips of my hair are thin. I found a recipe online but required ingredients like honey, coconut milk, etc. I didn't know what to call this stuff. It sets-up like banana pudding so I call it Hair Puddy.
Here is my simplified recipe.
* 8 oz Plastic wide-mouth cosmetic container (re-use, re-purposed from dollar tree) so you can keep in the shower.
* Dr Bronner's Castile Soap - Peppermint (Ingredients: Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Olive Oil, Mentha Arvensis, Fair Deal Hemp Oil, Jojoba Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol)
* Gerneir Fructis Pure Clean Aloe Shampoo (bought at Dollar General) The enzymes in Aloe cause your hair to appear much healthier and glossier. It is a quick and effective element for damaged hair. It strengthens the hair and causes the locks to appear much bouncier and shiny. If you're wondering how to stop hair from falling out, aloe vera is a great home remedy for treating hair loss. Aloe vera works to soothe and calm a damaged scalp, creating a healthy environment for hair cells to replenish and flourish. Aloe also helps clean up sebum, an oil that clogs follicles and prevents hair from growing back. To effectively use this natural hair loss treatment, simply massage pure aloe vera gel directly along your scalp, or find an aloe vera-based shampoo.
* 2 oz bottle Decolorized iodine 2% w/ spray bottle (bought at wal-mart) If you experience hair loss because of an iodine deficiency, getting enough of this mineral may help correct your thyroid hormone levels and stop hair loss. An iodine deficiency may prevent hair follicles from regenerating.
* 30 drops fenugreek essential oil (online) An age-old remedy for when your hair is losing volume. While it stimulates blood flow to the scalp, it also nourishes the hair follicles to promote faster and healthier new growth. Not only that, but it also acts as a great alternative to store-bought conditioner. The mucilage content replenishes the hair and provides smoothness allowing us to detangle our hair easily post every wash. This also helps restore luster. Fenugreek has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help with dandruff, scalp irritation and acne. And, if you are losing hair due to menopause/hormonal issues, I highly recommend fenugreek since it is high in estrogen and thus will help prevent hair from thinning.
* 1 tablespoon Olive oil (Olive oil is one of the top emollients because not only is it packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats, it makes for the perfect relief to a dry, itchy scalp." Olive can also help fight bacterial infections while strengthening the hair, which makes it an ideal addition to a hair mask, deep conditioner, or as a hot oil treatment to boost hydration and soften your coils. Research on the effect of olive oil shows that it can have a major moisturizing effect. Olive oil could add softness and strengthen hair by penetrating the hair shaft and preserving moisture. The shine said to come from olive oil may be due to the oil smoothing the outer cuticle of the hair.)
* 1 tablespoon Castor oil (Castor oil is very effective at preventing hair loss and improving hair growth, stops premature greying for several reason. Due to its incredible antibacterial and antifungal properties, it's very beneficial against dandruff, follliculitus, and scalp infections. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid that promotes circulation to the scalp and helps with hair growth. Additionally, castor oil is also loaded with antioxidants that help the hair to become smoother and stronger. )
* Place 1 TSP each of olive oil and castor oil, 30 drops fenugreek essential oil into clean cosmetic container. Add 6 oz Dr Bronner's Castile Soap.
* Blend well by stirring with a butter knife ti uniformed. Keep container in shower for use.
* Apply about ½ teaspoon full in your hand (longer hair will take more) and a squirt of “Gerneir Fructis Pure Clean Aloe Shampoo” and massage into wet scalp and hair, once a day.
* Leave in hair for at least 10 minutes (longer if you can); rinse and dry hair as normal.
Results: I started noticing my dry brittle hair becoming stronger and thicker and growing like crazy within a week. We measured my hair for 30 days growth. And in 30 days my hair grew 4 ½ inches. The receding hairline is starting to fill back in with a daily spray of Decolorized iodine on the skin in my hairline.
2 month update: Hair is looking like it did in my early 30's. But much thicker and softer.
(Mumbai Maharashtra India)
Re: Faster hair growth... This has been my bugbear for about 6 years now and recently I had the good fortune to be given some of the fabulous He Shou Wu tea from a friend who had been to China and visited an old Chinese herbalist (who recommended he have some for a cleanse/tonic). Upon his return, he went on to mention this particular tea and I asked him if it was He Shou Wu by any chance to which he said "yes"!!! I was eager to get my hands on some so he put some in a bag and I started drinking it up to 3x a day. Within maybe a week, I had noticed my hair growth seemed to be happening very quickly as it only ever grew perhaps 1/4" every 3 months. Since I already knew the benefits for hair growth, I was aware that the tea was indeed doing it's job and cost me nothing - not like all the expensive vitamins etc I had tried over the years. I really felt confident that as I near the age of 50, my hair will no longer be thin and perhaps will avoid hair loss during menopause. Anyway, also read recently that someone had experienced very slow hair growth as soon as the Mirena was inserted for contraception. I've also got this and now think back to both the slowing of the hair and the Mirena happening at the same time!! I'm due to get it taken out shortly and will keep up the He Shou Wu indefinitely (I've run out grrrr) when I find some more. It's an incredible root for health. Also known as the invasive Knotweed (in England it's a costly, invasive pest), in Asia, it's touted for it's health benefits and is an important source of nectar for bees, has resveratrol and so on. It grows prolifically if allowed and would make a fabulous food for starving nations!! Google it! (Knotweed, Fleeceflower, He Shou Wu)
I just submitted a post yesterday which was titled "Questions about detoxing from heavy metals". My main question was about the bolts in my knee from a surgery in 1988, if it were possible that the metals could be leeching into my system. And whether doing detox methods might be worsening the problem because the bolts cannot be removed.
One of the symptoms is hair loss (I'm a woman, 43, of lower-than-average weight). I had also written this yesterday:
So I wonder if my hair-loss and other stuff has to do with my body attacking itself? Like if my hair is "toxic" because of constantly detoxing, that my body may be attacking it? The roots seem to be declining, fading away, and new hair comes in so baby-fine that it doesn't seem to stay in for long. I know the hair-loss isn't the main problem but a symptom, i'm just using it as an indicator. My thyroid hormone level is back within normal range (back down to 4.5 from 7.5), so I'm ruling that out as a possible cause. Another symptom is fibromyalgia-like, but with a hyperactive mind. So physically exhausted but amped-up at the same time. And Magnesium Chloride did not help with sleep. And there's other "this and that" inconsistant symptoms, not too drastic, but which could be attributed to so many other things too (like candida, deficiencies, ph balance, parasites, allergies, neurological restrictions, glandular, other toxins, altered immune system, IBS, etc etc).
I know that nuclear fallout from Japan could be a factor, being downwind from the jetstream here, but I would think there would be a mass epidemic of hair loss here if that were the only factor. (maybe there is but nobody is speaking about it?)
I stated in the other post a few of the methods (like oil pulling) and supplements i'd been doing. I've also tried the (expensive! ) hair product brand advertised all over the radio as being a sure thing for hair growth, guaranteed. It didn't help at all. Now I mostly use diluted baking soda, ACV, and aloe juice, instead of shampoo, and had done a bit of the Borax rinse. I'd tried oils like olive oil and VCO, but that only causes more hair to fall out from the extra rubbing and rinsing. What's left of the roots is so miniscule and weak.
I just started taking Lugol's too. But now it seems I'm losing hairs more constantly. Not in chunks (I don't have enough hair to call "chunks" anyways) but single strands. Often, a strand falling out catches on my arm and it feels like a spider web, it's so fine!
Could my immune system really be attacking my hair because of the metals and such collecting in it, from cleansing it out of my body?? So detoxing may also shed off my "toxic" hair? If that's the case, I guess I have to just let it all fall out until it's done??? That would suck, but if there's no other way...
Any suggestions, info, or comments are much appreciated! Thanks
Hair Loss: The remedies that have helped my hair grow faster, thicker, and shinier are herbal teas (all different types! Most of them work! ), Glutathione capsules and nebulized, but the capsules alone also work to help my hair despite the fact that Glutahione generally has a low oral absorption rate. MSM is great, too for hair growth. There is a ton of info on the internet about these remedies. You just have to research and try for yourself.
Natrum Mur 3x and Silicea 3x. Hair Fall. Induced new growth of hair.
I use a natural human growth hormone stimulator and my hair stopped getting grey and stopped falling out.
(Los Angeles, Ca)
Mom your taking the kitchen sink to grow hair. Please try Hyaluronic Acid at least 100 mg per day.. i am taking HA to reverse my ageing.. The first thing i notice my hair started to grow..On my bald spot as well as on my arms and legs. Please read up on HA.. When you buy HA please make sure.. for example if you take 3 pills per day.. make sure the 3 pill equal 100mg. I am old 83.. your young so your hair should grow faster.
Be positive..you will have beautiful hair again soon.
Ted: Something going on with a mixture of h2o2 and vicks (on skin). heals skin super fast and also speeds up hair growth. i'm trying 10 drops of h2o2 three times a day but getting some constipation. i guess i need more fiber. trying vicks for wrinkles also.
(Sandy, Ut, USA)
I've read about the connection between fungal infections and hair loss. I tried Ted's recommendation of washing my hair with borax. It was great. I had so many little sprouts on my scalp. But the sprouts would never really take off. They would have such gusto, then stop. I wash my hair about once ever 5 days. I did some research. And found out that if your hot water heater is not set to super scalding hot, a certain bacteria will start to grow in your hot water heater. If your water is only about 100-120 Fah bacteria will grow in your tank. Therefore when you wash you hair with that water, it's BAD for your hair. Adding borax to this water probably helps it, but still not good enough.
Set your hot water heater to hottest, and you will eliminate the fungal/baceteria from the source of your water. Then wash with borax and hopefully wait for great results. Thanks Ted for all your knowledge that I was able to glean from. I hope this helps people to regain their beautiful hair. :)
My father has had multiple ailments all his life. Nothing life threatening, but wearing nonetheless. I suggested he take iodine supplements.
After 1 month, he hasn't noticed his improvement, which my mother did, but called to tell me new hair is growing and the roots feel stronger. His shedding has decreased and the new hairs are really black. I also have noticed my own hair growing. I am shedding a lot but I have tons of new hair growing like crazy. Lol.
30 years ago my son lost his hair through nerves he was only 8 year old at the time, a old lady told me to rub in white iodine every night which i did, within 6 week his hair was so thick, i also had very weak nails the iodine strenghened them, now i am in my 60s my hair is thining out and i need to get some white iodine, please tell me where i can buy white iodine. i cannot buy it in the uk. any one know where i can buy it?
EC: Google product search under "decolorized iodine" might help: http://www.google.com/products?q=decolorized+iodine
I read on the site that Ted recommends iodine solution to be applied to the scalp. I have hypothyroid which was not diagnosed by any doctor for almost 15 years and suspect that that's how I lost 75% hair (female pattern baldness with thinning all over). Now I am on Armour (natural desiccated thyroid hormone) but I guess it will take time for my hair loss to be reversed (if at all that can happen).
I read about Ted's iodine solution and tried it. I applied iodine solution all over my scalp and I must admit, it did wonders to my hair. I can almost immediately tell when my hair is benefiting from something and the next morning, my hair looked darker (i have brown-black hair), thicker and healthier. Plus, I was more energetic the next morning (definitely because iodine works for thyroid).
I also have been reading on this one remedy which a lot of people swear by (i don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere on this site)... Onion juice applied topically. I know that under Ayurveda, onion juice for the scalp has been recommended. I started this today and did notice my hair looking healthier and thicker. Apparently it takes up to 4-6 months when applied 2-3 times a week but the upside is that it's an affordable home remedy and needs to be applied for only 20 minutes before being washed off.
Someone said that in Romania onion juice and garlic juice are very popular for reversing baldness. I do see something in it, as onion and garlic have sulpher. The smell might make you think twice, but some people recommend using lemon juice after washing hair (to take the smell off). Hope I am regular with it for the next 4-6 months and hope it helps others too.
For all of you losing hair: maybe is your thyroid. In that case you need iodine and selenium supplements. Be careful with selenium dosage. Some sources are saying that over 200 mcg is already poisonous, some say 400 mcg is still allowed...
YES I can vouch that since I came to AMERICA my hair are falling. The water here has either chlorine or too much remnants of estrogen wich causes hair loss and feminizing men!
(Vancouver, Bc, Canada)
Jamaican Black Castor oil WORKS!!!!! Your hair grows so fast you won't know what to do and it doesn't take long at all. I use it and have told others about it. If you are looking to grow your hair, you can't go wrong with this product!!!