If your nasal polyps are swollen or inflamed due to infection etc, a temprorary relief to this is to crush ICE force it up your nose compacting the polyps :-) I had one the size of a marble in my right nostril for last 2/3 weeks Ice has reduced it considerably. I can actually breathe in an out of that nostril today for the first time in weeks, sadly its probably only temprorary , the first time I used the Ice was last night was amazed to wake this morning swelling gone right down , give it a try it costs nothing spread out a tissues or cloth on table lean ur head forward the ice will will obviously melt on to the cloth.. I'm going out to try another ICE session now ...
Thanks a lot for digging into this and sharing info about BKC - Benzalkonium Chloride. What you wrote is actually true.
Effects of nasal saline spray on human neutrophils- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12810473/
Benzalkonium chloride as a preservative in nasal solutions - https://www.resmedjournal.com/article/S0954-6111(01)91127-8/pdf
Iodine Saline Rinse
Sinus polyps and infections:
I had sinus problems for many years--3 surgeries--fungal infection etc--finally saw dr donald dennis in atlanta--he always saw polyps until I added provodine iodine 10 percent--10+drops per cup to my saline rinse. My polyps suddenly went away--he now recommends adding potassium iodine to rinses--said he has cured many people--even a friend he had been treating for 10 years--it certainly has turned my life around.
I REALLY want to thank you for posting this information. I have been through the usual misery with nasal polyps for at least 13 years. Had the usual very limited help and bad side effects from nasal steroid spray. Got mostly nowhere with countless alternative remedies. Spent almost all of the time with nose 100% blocked.
I have been using a slightly modified version of this remedy. I bought a bottle of saline nasal spray, volume 1.69 ounces, and added 10 drops of 2% Lugol's Solution of iodine to the bottle. I have been squirting a few squirts of this in my nostrils about 4 times a day, for about 3 weeks now. At first most of it ran out again. Day by day things have got much better. Now I can sniff, and can smell all kinds of things - coffee (yum! ), food (likewise), chemical air "fresheners" (yuck! ). Its such a treat to have my sense of smell back more and more of the time. Also getting a bit of air through my nostrils much of the time.
I STRONGLY recommend all of you nasal polyps sufferers out there (unless you are allergic to iodine) to give this a try for at least a few weeks.
Since I began this I found more info explaining likely why it works: a Dr Galland says staph is almost always involved in nasal polyps. It causes inflammation, and prevents steroids from working as well as they otherwise would. Neither staph nor any other bacteria can ever develop resistance to iodine. He has a book out, as well as youtube videos.
This has worked better than colloidal silver or anything else for me, and unlike tea tree oil (which is great stuff) is not even slightly irritating to the mucous membranes.
Update: Sense of smell is back almost 100% of the time now, it is becoming normal for me to be able to smell things. Often notice odors before my wife does. Breathing through nose now as I eat and type.
Get or make a saline solution without preservatives... Over the last few weeks I slowly developed a sore throat and a cough. Finally looked up benzalkonium chloride, the preservative in my saline spray. It irritates mucous membranes, destroys neutrophils - the immune cells that fight inflammation, paralyzes nasal cilia and causes rebound sinus congestion!!! All great for repeat sales, I'm sure. Stopped using it yesterday, throat already hurting less, cough less frequent.
Bought 100 little packets of sodium bicarbonate/sodium chloride mix (no preservatives) for use in nasal irrigation. Mixed 1 packet in 8oz distilled water as instructed, then filled my empty and rinsed nasal spray bottle, added 10 drops 2% Lugol's. Back in business, getting better and better!! A miraculous transformation after years of misery.
This remedy killed off my chronic sinus infection and started shrinking the polyps as a result. I've since found the real cure for my nasal polyps (finally! ), and likely, I believe, yours too: see under the remedies for nasal polyps my posts on "Treat for Low Thyroid".
Yes, it did wonders for me. However, please see my posts under "Treat for low thyroid" in this sinus polyps thread.
Ever since I did the latter, I no longer need the iodine/saline rinse. Sorry, I did not respond to your query much sooner, I got discouraged that no one seemed to be trying my suggested remedies, so have not looked here in ages. It saddens me that so many are suffering prolonged misery, as I did when they might be cured, as I was.
Hi yearningtobreathefree (Tennessee) -
I read through your "Treat for low thyroid" from the sinus polyps thread. It was interesting the number of things you did to get rid of them (only to have the polyps come back).
Actually I have a bottle of tyrosine I bought awhile ago. I'm not sure why I ordered it, but I will be taking them now. I am hypothyroid and have small sinus polyps. Hope they will do a disappearing act!
Thanks again for the information.
Hi all...been suffering nasal polyps for 2 years or more...tried every trick in the book to cure them....Ive had steriods twice and put every known home remedy up my nose to no avail....after losing faith In doctors I finally decided to change my diet...I felt I was at the end of my rope...depressed, couldn't breath through my nose...couldnt taste and I was physically and mentally drained...so what was there to lose...I bought a juicer and went on a 10 day fruit and vegetable juice diet...after 10 days I reintroduced solid fruit back into my diet and slowly began to clear my nose...on day 15 I tasted food again for the first time in 2 years....I cut out all processed food and sugar while on the diet...now weeks later my smell is fully back along with my taste...the moral of my story is dont concentrate on curing the symptom by puting anything up your nose....find the cause, in my case it was all about what I was puting in mouth....the bonus was I lost 7kg as well...it may not work for everyone but in my opinion its worth a try...in my case the culprit was mostly sugar...I feel fantastic...lots of energy and food taste soooo good...if I can help just one person to rid themselves of this debilitating curse then my job is done...good luck
Keep Head Warm
Chronic Sinusitis and Sinus Polyps:
If nothing works it could be Cold affecting your head!
Try wearing a warm cap on your head and don't allow your head to get cold! Also you can get a blow dryer and use warm air on your head and see if that gives you relief! I didn't have this problem when I was young, it happened when I hit my late 50's! I am back to normal knowing this cold can affect my sinuses! And once in awhile even the air-conditioner starts my sinuses up again, only I place a warm cap on my head and the sinus problem stops!
DON'T LET YOUR HEAD GET COLD! See if this helps!
Ketogenic Diet, Supplements
I'm so glad I found this site! Like many of you I was desperate to find some relief from chronic sinus polyps and infections. Special thanks to Brian of So. Australia for the low carb diet posts and Bryan of Houston for the lecithin suggestion. Your posts really helped me with my sinus problems and started the healing.
My background: I've had Samter's triad (nasal polyps, asthma, and aspirin/salicylate sensitivity) and many allergies for most of my life. I've had several sinus surgeries, chronic sinus infections, polyps deep within my sinus cavities, total loss of the sense of smell, and round after round of antibiotics and steroids to clear up severe sinus infections, only to start again with the next serious sinus infection that was always right around the corner.
What worked for me after about 6 weeks:
A ketogenic diet, this is a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet. Pretty much the only carbohydrates that are allowed are dark, leafy greens and non-starchy vegetables. To make up for the reduced carb calories, you eat LOTS of delicious fats: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, butter, bacon, and cream. Library books I found helpful: "Keto Clarity" and "Primal Body, Primal Mind." Google "ketogenic diet" and search on you tube. There is lots of information on this diet pro and con.
All I can say is that it made an amazing difference for me. The daily gallons of mucus just dried up. After several years of not being able to smell any odors at all, I can smell the coffee in the morning and can actually enjoy the taste of food again! Before I found the ketogenic diet, I went the anti-candida and low carb route, but I think it was still too many carbs for me. Low carb never killed the appetite and the carb cravings like the keto diet did. I'm never going back.
At the same time I started the ketogenic diet, I started taking the lecithin and ginkgo biloba supplements suggested by Bryan of Houston. Twice a day I took the following: 1200mg sunflower (non GMO) lecithin and 120mg of the ginkgo biloba extract. I didn't get Bryan's dramatic 2 week results, but my sense of smell is finally back and I'm grateful.
What didn't work for me:
Be gentle with the tea tree oil and hydrogen peroxide as both can be a little harsh, so you might want to start with a diluted dose until your sinuses adjust and/or heal. I just use sea salt in a neti pot morning and evening to wash the sinuses. I tried the above, but didn't like the burning feeling and didn't feel any improvement to stick it out. Also, be careful of rinsing out your sinuses and tilting your head back and down to move the rinse deeper into the sinus cavities as it can force the liquid into your eustachian tube.
Hopefully I can get through the winter without a sinus infection?that'll be the real deal :>).
I have suffered with sinus polyps hell for 16 years, (31 yr old now, 2 surgeries, tried EVERY cure) and without wishing to be overly optimistic, after three days of taking l-tyrosine, this does appear to be shrinking my polyps.
I have suffered with persistent nasal polyps for about 15 years; I developed an allergy to aspirin which is linked to the polyps and asthma. During this time I had the polyps surgically removed at least 7 times (that I can recall off the top of my head) only to have them grow back within 6-8 weeks. Needless to say I could not smell, had limited taste (thank God for Tabasco.... only thing that gave food flavor) and had at least 6 major sinus infections per year requiring extensive antibiotics.
Recently I started taking Lecithin (2 1200 MG softgel caps) and Ginko Biloba (2 120 MG Caps) along with my daily vitamins. After about 2 weeks of this I started to detect odors. Now, not having smelled for 15 years I had no idea what I was smelling, but the fact that I could smell SOMETHING was great. About another 2 weeks and I caould breathe easily through my nose and I could smell all sorts of things. I had forgotten the joys of smelling freshly brewed coffee, chocolate chip cookies baking, and my wife's perfume.
I believe the Lecithin is the major player in my success. Lecithin, from what I've learned about it, is an emulsifier; it dissolves things and keeps them suspended in another liquid. This allows you to get rid of the waste products in your system rather than letting them collect in your body. The Lecithin has also helped lower my cholesterol and improve my cardiac health in general.
Take this for what it's worth. It worked for me and it is a cheap and painless alternative to some of the other treatments I've seen. I would love to see a clinical study on this, but whose going to do that when there is no drug to be marketed once the study is complete.
(Coral Gables, Fl)
Bryan: Very interesting comments about Lecithin - definitely willing to give it a try. Have you experienced any side effects from 2.4g daily?
Also, I was wondering whether you made any dietary or lifestyle changes apart from the Lecithin and Gingko? Have you ever had allergy testing done to assess whether your allergies are food-related or environmental-related (dust, pollen, animals, etc.)?
I stumbled on this post in researching this subject because I have just started taking massive doses in addition to lecithin. I believe this can work and already started noticing a help in my breathing. Lecithin contains choline which helps move fat. Vitamin A is a fat soluable vitamin and to function in the body is most likely going to need choline. So I think there is real promise here. I'll know more soon as I keep this up but I have had nasal polyps for years.
Just read your post Bryan. It's now 2018, do you have an update by chance? Thank you
For 4 days I have been applying Lugols Iodine to my nose polyp,once in the morning and at night. Has reduced in size and shape. Before was very red, now looks like color of surrounding tissue. Will continue this experiment and report to you the outcome.
(Cherry Hill, Nj)
Mine are always red.
Manuka Honey Sinus Rinse
After reading numerous posts on these forums, I tried using manuka honey in my sinus rinse. I noticed a difference almost right away. Within a couple weeks, my polyps actually DID shrink and saved me a trip to the ENT guy. It is not cheap, but it is cheaper than going to the doctor. The effect is rather pleasant. I am hoping that longer term use will help me recover some semblance of smell and taste senses. James
Hi, I just wanted to share this with all the people who have nasal polyps. My husband had a whole bunch of them, and one was like centimeters from protruding from his nostril, I tried EVERYTHING!!! That I could find about polyps, we did, and nothing seemed to help, celendine was the only thing that would help a teeny bit, he could not sleep, eat or focus, it was horrible! Then my mom suggested we try MMS, within a week, he started breathing a bit though his nose, and it kept getting better, we are now on week 5, and he keeps improving everyday, I looked up his nostril the other day, and could not see that one polyp that was so close to protruding! After he takes it for 2 or 3 months, I want to go back and get a scan done and see whats going on! But I wanted to let people know to try this, because I know how terrible and hopeless polyps are! Good luck!
What is MMS? Please explain. Thanks
EC: Go to this page: https://www.earthclinic.com/supplements/MMS.html
(New Delhi, Delhi)
What is MMS? Pl explain.
EC: More info here: https://www.earthclinic.com/supplements/MMS.html
Sinus Polyps, from my various experiences with sinus polyps I can very well understand the pain a sufferer goes through hence would like to share the little bit of information I've learned, if it can help people i would be most most happy. I am available anytime for any questions so feel free to drop a query and of i can assist I will :) The below is a strict diet plan that I still follow for nearly 2 years and I promise you while the results might take time but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Think of the times when you will want to breathe free and that will motivate you to get better :) 1. Start the day with flax seeds, walnuts which will give you omega 3 fatty acids and dates will keep your sugar levels well as it is natural sugar and fibre. Sip water like an athelete through the day. 2. Eat more lean meats like grilled chicken, fish salmon and egg whites without the yellow. Avoid all kinds of red meats like mutton, lamb, beef etc as they create more phlegm. 3. Incorporate ghee (clarified butter) in foods and reduce usage of oil, if at all rice bran oil is good. 4. Cut down majorly or if possible avoid on dairy like milk, yoghurt, cream, lassi, paneer, butter etc 5. Reduce sugar if possible avoid, mainly refined sugar like mithais, chocolates, cakes, cookies. Gur (jaggery) based sweets are fine 6. Major uptake of water through the day along with aerobic exercises 4 days a week or yoga surya namaskars along with anulom vilom which is alternate nostril breathing. 7. Majorly reduce if possible totally avoid maida (white flour), and wheat products like chapati, breads, nans, white flour buns, puris, oily and butter rotis. This is the real killer! 8. Incorporate fruits like lemons, mangoes, apples, pears, kiwis, papayas, strawberries 9. Eat more rice based stuff for carbs like rice, rice rotis, rice flakes, Sorghum, pearl millet, buckwheat etc 10. Spinach, onions, ginger, cabbage, bitter groud, yellow lentils, clear chicken broth soup, raw green chillies are superb for sinuses. 12. Meditate, forgive yourself and others, pray to God and relax more often in nature like a walk down the beach. This is prime trust me. Louise Hay the legendary healer said that sinus infections are a result of stored anger against a person close to you. So imagine that the polyp is like a small bulb in your sinus cavity and that inverted bulb stores all the inflammation in your sinuses, which is nothing but the accumulated phlegm. So if anger = inflammation and you release that anger and if inflammation is the phlegm then what will the polyp store? Nothing coz there is nothing there to store. You've released the garbage out "mentally" and subconsciously. I would highly recommend EFT (emotional freedom technique ) to release your anger or irritation. You will see changes for sure. The polyp is a teacher and makes sure we learn our lessons on a spiritual level, food intake level and medicinal level. 13. When you wake up on empty stomach do teeth pulling with coconut oil, its a technique where you put a tea spoon of the oil in your mouth and swirl vigorously for 5 mins. It will really help your post nasal drip. 14. Steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil. Hot water pot - put 5 - 6 drops of these essential oils and inhale the steam with your head covered with a towel. Fantastic fantastic way to clear your sinuses congestion 15. Another great great technique which will help - apply a paste of raw and dry ginger power mixed with water all over your sinuses and your face and sleep in the night. This will clear all your inflammation so you can start breathing normally. It will sting for sure but you will get used to it, 16. Input drops of castor oil in your sinuses to loosen up the passages. It could also shrink the polyp for some people. Try mixing 5-10 drops of tea tree oil mixed with 1 tbsp of castor oil for more effect and apply 2 drops of this mix in each nostril. 17. Exercise, run, and stay happy. I know its difficult but you must do your best to stay calm, cry out if you want but pray more and more. Doors will open, dont ever ever give up. So in summary, the dry ginger paste on the face, dietary changes and EFT are my picks to help you on this journey. You will see massive changes, just trust God and walk the journey. God bless.
My name is Daniel living in London. I found your post very informative as you mentioned that polyps could be also caused by holding grudges or anger to someone close to me.
Could you give some more tips on diets eliminating polyps formation. On the other hand, l would like to maintain my body muscle mass also to keep my strength allowing me to do my physical job. Any help would be highly appreciated.
How did you get on? Are you nasal polyps free? I do know that you posted message one year ago. I have been suffering from chronic sinusitis with nasal polyps for many years like most of us.
I admire you for deep knowledge of sinusitis ailment. Could you please give more tips on diet to follow? Such as free gluten porridge is allowed or other free gluten products?
I would be grateful if you could reply to me.
Try elderberry as there are some people here getting great relief and for most it is gone completely.
Make a syrup - two cups water to one cup of dried berries, then add either honey or sugar to your own liken and take a dessert spoonful every day.
Sinus Polyps, from my various experiences with sinus polyps I can very well understand the pain a sufferer goes through hence would like to share the little bit of information I've learned, if it can help people i would be most most happy. I am available anytime for any questions so feel free to drop a query and of i can assist I will :)
The below is a strict diet plan that I still follow for nearly 2 years and I promise you while the results might take time but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Think of the times when you will want to breathe free and that will motivate you to get better :)
1. Start the day with flax seeds, walnuts which will give you omega 3 fatty acids and dates will keep your sugar levels well as it is natural sugar and fibre. Sip water like an athelete through the day.
2. Eat more lean meats like grilled chicken, fish salmon and egg whites without the yellow. Avoid all kinds of red meats like mutton, lamb, beef etc as they create more phlegm.
3. Incorporate ghee (clarified butter) in foods and reduce usage of oil, if at all rice bran oil is good.
4. Cut down majorly or if possible avoid on dairy like milk, yoghurt, cream, lassi, paneer, butter etc
5. Reduce sugar if possible avoid, mainly refined sugar like mithais, chocolates, cakes, cookies. Gur (jaggery) based sweets are fine
6. Major uptake of water through the day along with aerobic exercises 4 days a week or yoga surya namaskars along with anulom vilom which is alternate nostril breathing.
7. Majorly reduce if possible totally avoid maida (white flour), and wheat products like chapati, breads, nans, white flour buns, puris, oily and butter rotis. This is the real killer!
8. Incorporate fruits like lemons, mangoes, apples, pears, kiwis, papayas, strawberries
9. Eat more rice based stuff for carbs like rice, rice rotis, rice flakes, Sorghum, pearl millet, buckwheat etc
10. Spinach, onions, ginger, cabbage, bitter groud, yellow lentils, clear chicken broth soup, raw green chillies are superb for sinuses.
12. Meditate, forgive yourself and others, pray to God and relax more often in nature like a walk down the beach. This is prime trust me. Louise Hay the legendary healer said that sinus infections are a result of stored anger against a person close to you. So imagine that the polyp is like a small bulb in your sinus cavity and that inverted bulb stores all the inflammation in your sinuses, which is nothing but the accumulated phlegm. So if anger = inflammation and you release that anger and if inflammation is the phlegm then what will the polyp store? Nothing coz there is nothing there to store. You've released the garbage out "mentally" and subconsciously. I would highly recommend EFT (emotional freedom technique ) to release your anger or irritation. You will see changes for sure. The polyp is a teacher and makes sure we learn our lessons on a spiritual level, food intake level and medicinal level.
13. When you wake up on empty stomach do teeth pulling with coconut oil, its a technique where you put a tea spoon of the oil in your mouth and swirl vigorously for 5 mins. It will really help your post nasal drip.
14. Steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil. Hot water pot - put 5 - 6 drops of these essential oils and inhale the steam with your head covered with a towel. Fantastic fantastic way to clear your sinuses congestion
15. Another great great technique which will help - apply a paste of raw and dry ginger power mixed with water all over your sinuses and your face and sleep in the night. This will clear all your inflammation so you can start breathing normally. It will sting for sure but you will get used to it,
16. Input drops of castor oil in your sinuses to loosen up the passages. It could also shrink the polyp for some people. Try mixing 5-10 drops of tea tree oil mixed with 1 tbsp of castor oil for more effect and apply 2 drops of this mix in each nostril.
17. Exercise, run, and stay happy. I know its difficult but you must do your best to stay calm, cry out if you want but pray more and more. Doors will open, dont ever ever give up.
So in summary, the dry ginger paste on the face, dietary changes and EFT are my picks to help you on this journey. You will see massive changes, just trust God and walk the journey. God bless.
I had a surgery 4 years ago for my sinus problem turns out that I have AERD. This past year I have been mostly on steroid. If I stop taking it, in 2weeks the longest, it comes back. My ENT doctor wants to do another surgery which I was not really recommended by my Japanese doctor (I had my surgery in Japan). So I decided to go completely natural after finding this page!!
But I have a question. If I add ACV to the nasal wash (Distilled water, TTO and saline power from CVS), I sneeze for next 5-10mins like crazy. Does anybody have the same experience?
I have been doing the nasal wash twice a day, drinking ACV+honey+hot water twice a day, rubbing the sinus area with Castor oil+Tea tree oil, and putting the castor oil+tea tree oil to my nostril at night. Since I don't take steroid, my sinus is going worse but it seems better than having nothing. It hasn't been a week yet so I'm hoping that it will get better... A lot of reviews here give me a hope :-)
Does anybody have any recommendation for AERD patients like me?
So where do I start? First I would like to start by thanking god and Earthclinic and particularly Mama to Many.
From my experience with nasal polyps, one thing I have certainly learnt is that it is there to teach us a few things about us and make changes to get better. First on an emotional level and then the physical level. Is there some emotional pain that you are experiencing in life? Then please sort that or atleast start working to sort that. As per Louise hay the world famous spiritual healer chronic sinusitis is being angry at someone close to you...does that happen with you? If yes then sort that anger and keep the affirmation "I declare peace and harmony indwell me and surround me at all times" on through the day. Talk to God, ask for forgiveness and seek his help to get you through this phase. I know how hard it can be because I have myself felt it, the helplessness, the pain. The tears and desperation to get better can only be expressed by someone who has felt it. I dont want to even list down any of those physical experiences because I will in turn touch upon what you are going through yourself and that will make you feel low. We have to keep searching for solutions so lets talk remedies.
If you want to cry it out, do it, trust me do it..Go to your washroom, your car, youe husband or wife and do it once...Scream out, and let it out but the very next minute after the flood gates are opened get to work on the most important project, and that is your health. Mind you, I am still a work in progress but its a day to day activity and you cant slack. Keep the faith and keep trying, you will see improvement.
Thats for the mind, now comes what you can do to internalize and consume.
1. Take out allllll the junk food out of your menu....you name it.....chips, cookies, biscuits, chocolates, cakes, fried food, pizzas, burgers, extra processed sugary foods, sweetmeats, canned juices, aerated and carbonated drinks, canned food, preservative foods, sauces. Avoid MSG in chinese foods, if you wanna eat chinese food ask for it without ajinomoto. Stay clean, and trust me you will start seeing small differences. All these foods promote inflamation which is worse in this situation. I have a major sweet tooth but ive stayed away from all this for nearly 5 months now after tons of reading on this condition. Has it helped me? Yes, ive lost nearly 8 kgs and I feel healthier and fresher, so you will only gain out of this my friends. I was told I have LDL cholestrol in april this year, was getting obese, had fat around the tummy...couldnt run with my son etc...u know the feeling of being bloated and out of energy.
I am a vocalist by profession and you could def imagine the problem I would have with breathing freely, but then one day when I was bathing my toddler son and couldnt smell the body wash I was applying on his body, I cried and sobbed and told myself after that, I have to do all I can to heal and God will do the rest. I have to do all I can for my health, and God will heal. Thats when I first chanced upon Earthclinic in May 2017 after struggling.
2. Eat right, salads, greens, radish, onions and garlic ( not too much if youre on homeopathy : that is a wonderful alternative therapy too and I will come to that ), brocoli, spinach, carrots, beetroots, lemons, chomp away on this along with your meals or before and this is all pure fibre and can help you fight the infection. Drink atleast 3-4 litrs of water a day so your body doesnt dehydrate, sinusitis / nasal polyps worsen when the body goes dry.
3. Eliminate foods like wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy, white flour, potatoes, eggs, alcohol, caffeine, corn, jams and jellies, pickles, red meat, black tea from your diet as these produce excess phlegm in the body which doesnt get released as the polyps block them from coming out and thats where they get infected in turn.
4. Eat vit c rich foods like citrus foods, pineapples which contain bromelain that helps a lot. Sprinkle lemon in warm water and sip it through the day, apples, berries, kiwis, strawberries, another rich source of vit c. Eat mangoes which are rich in Vita A and that helps the sinuses a lottt.
5. Chicken broth soup with a dash of cayenne pepper can open up the sinuses and help in a way. Tomato soups, clear veg soups, Warm water with 2 tbps of organic apple cider vinegar ( go for the one with the mother) can help to thin the mucus and flush it out.
6. If you need carbs, go for a moderate portion of rice. I need carbs as I sing, and need energy. Eat lean meat like grilled chicken, salmon fish, hummus, chick peas, lil olive oil, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, oregano, all of these nuts have fatty acids which help a lot. Pumpkin seeds also have zinc and magnesium whcih can help.
7. Steam inhalation, massively helpful to loosen all the phlegm in your sinuses, morning as you wake up and once before you sleep. If you do not intend to take homeopathy then you can use essential oils like Tea tree oil ( super super ) in the steam and inhale it. Put in like say 5 drops of essential organic TTO and I inhale the steam for 4-5 mins and you will see how relaxed you feel. Essential oils normally are and antidote for homeopathy hence it would be nice to speak to your homeopath before mixing the two.
8. Mama to Many's technique...Super like for this one!
Mix hexane free castor oil 1 tablespoon +10-15 drops of organic TTO and input 2-3 drops of that mix in each nostril if the polyps are right in your nostrils. So lie down on your back so that the mix reaches the polyps and this can really shrink them. Continue this once every morning and night after steam inhalation till the polyps go away and your sense of smell should improve soon. Under no circumstances should you directly apply any essential oil to your polyps using a q tip or ingest it. If the polyps are deep in the sinuses then take a spoon of castor oil first thing when you wake up and this will help too.
9. I know this is difficult but you will have to do it, 3-4 times a week of atleast 45 mins of workouts. Release sweat, and your toxins will be released. Run, walk, cycle, weight train ...choose any of it but do it.
10. Sleep well, atleast 7-8 hrs so the body heals itself through rest, also put your head elevated by sleeping on two pillows so all the mucus fliws down
11. Get an allergy test done so you know what you are allergic to and avoid that accordingly. If you are allergic to dust so be it, wear a face mask and dont feel concious, remember your health first!
12. Do yogic breathing and pranayam exercises, this is also helpful to open up the breathing pathways. Anulom vilom can help, but it has to be done only when the nasal passages are clear. Try this sinus massage below to help drain the sinuses so the phlegm flows out of your nose and is not stuck up in the sinuses. Never blow your nose hard to release phlegm, it could put the infection back inside, instead sniff it and spit it out. Thats way better, plus blowing puts further pressure on the sinuses.
14. Homeopathy, read on it and see for yourself if it suits you. What it does is to strenghten our immune system and make us stronger so we are not prone to allergies etc. It certainly has a very good solution to this. Very holistic healing, heals us from the root but needs to be with a homeopath who can read your system and heal you from within.
15. Lastly, plz plz stay strong...i am doing that coz there is only one way to be. Strong and have immense faith, I know what this can do to you, I have been through a stage of extreme depression through it but in all of it I kept doing is praying to God. Speak to him, talk about your good and bad days, but keep the attitude of gratitude and doors will open up for you. I remain open to your queries if I can help in any way but all the remedies on earthclinic are wonderful so plz follow that..It is after being on this site that hope sprung up within me so a massive thank you to earthclinic. Me listing down my journey is to help others who are going through this and also my way of thanking Earth clinic. May god always bless you :)
(United Arab Emirates)
Dear Mama to Many,
Good afternoon, trust my email finds you well. Been a while since we last chatted in Sept.
Its been a good 4-5 months up until now. The polyps have started to cause issues again. Although this time thankfully the mucosal thickening isn't there but there is congestion like its waiting to be released. There has been anosmia again since 8 days now, just traces of smell in between. Ive restarted the castor oil and TTO oil mix for over 8 days now but waiting for it to fully show results.
Ive ordered for essiac tea as well, and will be hunting for dandelion leaves too as ive read that it can really help with polyps. Read that green tea also helps to shrink them and have started that too. Whats your view on basil leaves? And can basil oil with steam inhalation help? I didnt call for serrapeptase yet but dont know much about it too. Is it a natural remedy Mama to Many?
Any suggestions from your side? Really tired of just surfing for information on this condition, need to cure it now.
I am sorry to hear of the return of the polyps but it sounds like you are taking prompt action and I am hopeful that you will get this resolved quickly!
I have high hopes for essiac. It seems to help so many things.
Serrapeptase is used to dissolve non-living tissue. It seems to have an anti-inflammatory effect. It is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach.
I do not know about the basil leaves for polyps. I have heard of inhaling basil fumes for migraines. And I love basil. I would love to hear if this helps you.
Do you have allergies that flare up and may aggravate this? Nettle tea may be useful if these other things you are doing do not prove to be effective.
Thank you for asking - I am doing well!
~Mama to Many~
Seeking urgent help for natural cure of Nasal Polyps which ive been suffering from for the last 1.5 years. Ive had bouts of healing like a good 2-3 months but when it goes bad it really is unnerving. Ive been doing horsearadish honey mixture last three days. Stings the sinuses like crazy but not seen a major difference. Ive been putting a mixture of castor oil (1tsp) and tea tree oil (5 drops) in the morning and night before sleeping. Started with a mixture of ACV (2tsp) and natural honey (1tsp) in a cup of warm water since last night. Took it today morning too on empty stomach.
To be honest ive had bouts of smell in parts since last 6 days of starting the natural therapies, comes and goes but the gaps are very big. But it is still a blessing after 3 weeks of anosmia ðŸ˜“. My ENT did a scan and said surgery is needed as the sinuses are infected too. I am against surgery and so is my homeopath who is also working on meds for me. Today morning the nasal inhaler I use which has eucalyptus oil opened a little and my trouser started to smell of eucalyptus oil. My colleague asked me, "have you applied a muscle spray or something?" I said yes tearfully that I have a backache and its a eucalyptus oil based muscle relacant gel. I'm in tears as I write this now ðŸ˜«ðŸ˜“..please please please friends.....plzzzz suggest how to cure this. I am at an absolute end of fatigue with this now.
I would try food grade diatomaceous earth. I have bad allergies and haven't been able to breathe out of my nose forever, but since starting diatomaceous earth a couple weeks ago, I can finally breathe through my nose. It could help you. I started with a tsp. in 8 oz of water a day and still on same dose though I know some go up to a tablespoon a day. Good luck.