Posted by Alex (Honolulu, Hi) on 02/24/2012
I wrote Ted an email, but I wanted to open up my questions to the rest of earthclinic and also include more details.I have been trying to alkalize using Ted's lemon bicarb remedy. Instead of pure bicarb. I've been using a premade health product which contains a mixture of:
- potassium bicarbonate (7.8%)
- sodium bicarbonate (78%)
- sodium citrate (1.6%)
- a little sea salt
I mix 1/4 tsp of the above with 1/2 a lemon and dilute it into a very large glass of water. I feel strange when I drink it, my mind will fog up, or I'll feel physically anxious for no reason -- diluting and drinking the remedy very slowly reduces problems, perhaps the problems are less each time I drink it. Despite the odd sensations Anyone know why this happens? Sometimes it makes me extremely drowsy instead. Improved dramatically for 9 days straight. I used to take ~2500mg Betaine HCl with meaty meals, and now I need 650mg, sometimes none at all. If the lemon can make me alkaline, do I even need to mix in the alkaline powders?
I had these questions a week ago:
Is the above mixture safe? I have some pH strips (range 5.2 - 7.4) and whenever I check my pH it is always maxed out at 7.4. Presumably my urine pH is significantly higher than 7.4. Prior to this remedy my morning urine pH was also unreadable, it always read 5.2 (presumably lower). Will I ever know if I'm too alkaline?
However after 2 weeks things have changed a bit:
Day 14 my morning pH is 5.8 for saliva and and 5.5-5.8 for urine. This is after increasing from 1/4 tsp bicarb mix to 1/2. What going on here, am I not taking enough of the alkaline powder?
My underlying conditions are:
- mercury toxicity (95th percentile on a hair test)
- aluminum toxicity (70th percentile)
- GERD, CFS, anxiety, constipation, most symptoms of fibromyalgia (all improving with the alkaline remedy)
- recurring back pain and mild scoliosis (acts up alongside all other symptoms)
- candida likely - I've only eaten meat, vegetables and nuts for 8 months, any sugar/carbs/fruit worsen my symptoms, I also have frequent recurring rashes (face, groin, feet) that disappear if soaked in ACV
I'd like to note that I'm 28 years old, and was very fit and healthy before I got suddenly very sick 20 months ago. I have no metal fillings in my teeth. I did used to eat a lot of fish, perhaps my body is bad at detoxing mercury, or maybe I experienced an acute exposure unknowingly.
My plan to recover is
- alkalize 2x day - the above powder mixture lemon (my diluted version)
- maintain my strict candida diet
- take B complex
- oil pull 5 minutes with organic extra virgin olive oil every morning
- take modified citrus pectin (product name omitted)
- cook with real sea salt and acv
- small amounts of cilantro and chlorella (though some side effects so far)
- chia fiber (many side effects! Can people with candida not consume fiber...?)
- green tea (many side effects, have to stop)
- mild yoga to stall the perpetual degradation of my back
Any advice anyone has for me would be much appreciated!
Specific answers would be appreciated about:
- is my alkaline mixture safe? do I really need a break from it?
- why was I so alkaline after taking it initially, but not anymore?
- candida and chia fiber appears to make me sick.. Can I not have chia fiber? its mostly insoluable
- any tips to recover from candida
- any tips to recover from mercury