Acne Remedy: While removing the aspirin & honey face mask if you rub in circular motions & use it as a scrub, works great! xx
Aspirin and Honey mask is slowly curing my skin!
I've always had lousy facial skin. Being of South Asian descent, in addition to acne and the scars left over from teenage pimples and acne, I've also had one huge dark circle around my mouth. I've been trying to lighten this for years with lemon juice, over the counter skin lightening creams, you name it to no avail. I generally just ended up wearing heavy makeup around that area (you can imagine how disgusting that looks, it looked worse without it!)
Fast forward to just yesterday (Sun, Feb 3rd '08). I'd been suffering from some adult acne on my cheeks and decided to try something I had been very wary of - an aspirin face mask. Yes, thats right, aspirin. I took 5 aspirin, crushed them, mixed them with about 1/2 a spoon of honey, applied it to my face (like a mask) for 15 minutes and washed it off.
WOW! The results were PHENOMENAL. I truly wish I had taken some before and after pictures for this site because the pimples had reduced by HALF THEIR SIZE. HALF! On top of that, that ever persistent dark circle had ACTUALLY lightened. On top of that, my skin was literally glowing! I STILL can't believe it. Today I had to wear hardly any make up at all. Guys, this remedy truly works for me, and I highly suggest everyone give it a shot at least once - if not for acne, then for GLOWING and BEAUTIFULLY SOFT SKIN.
1. Try to buy uncoated or lightly coated aspirin.
2. Once crushed, it will be very grainy, don't worry about this. If you like, you can sprinkle a few drops of water on the pills beforehand, let it sit and then add the honey. You won't need to crush them and look like a drug addict in the process.
3. Play around with the number of aspirin you use. 5 may be too much for people with sensitive skin.
4. Aspirin dries out your skin, so use PLENTY of moisturizer after and don't plan on doing this more than once a week if your skin is dry to begin with. (I'll be doing it about 3x a week)
5. I used witch hazel as a toner after I washed the mask off. Feel free to use ACV or tomato juice *thanks Earthclinic =)*
Please try this mask and let me know what you think!
I read a blog on the internet about aspirin masks. I tried it and it is unbelievable! My skin looks and feels amazing after just one mask. If you can find aspirin powders, that works best, otherwise plain aspirin will do the trick as well. I emptied 2 aspirin powders in the palm of my hand with a little calamine lotion (just enough to make a creamy paste) and applied to my face in a circular motion and let dry (approx. 5-10 mins.) I then added a little water and and again massaged in a circular motion and then rinsed it all off. A great exfoliator and it worked BETTER than any store bought product I've ever bought! (Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is in a lot of acne products) It also immediately got rid of the redness my skin is prone to having--AMAZING! A MUST TRY.
I have 2 remedies!
1: crush 6 aspirins and add to witch hazel astringent. apply to face overnight (should work considerably in less than week)
2: Wheatgerm provides vitamins your body needs to prevent acne such as zinc. (eat a tablespoon once or twice daily).
Crush Aspirin and add a little bit of water to make it a paste and then heat it in a microwave and add to the face as a mask. This removed the redness from my skin were my pimples were.