I will probably revise this list as time goes by, but here are my current favorite remedies and what I use them for. I don't think I can pick a #1 remedy. I find all of the following immensely healing.
1. Magnesium Oil, aka Transdermal Magnesium Therapy:
I am loving Magnesium oil for it's calming and relaxing properties, also for muscle aches and tension. Stops PMS as long as you apply it every day or two. Great for eye tension if you apply it to your forehead and temples.
2. Bill Munro's Hydrogen Peroxide Inhalation Method:
I've used Bill's cure for about 4 years now (maybe more?). The minute I feel I am getting sick, I start inhaling and keep it up every few hours for at least a day or two. I don't use it every day, but I do travel with it and inhale before and after getting on a plane. I am also testing it for sports endurance, along with taking purslane, 1/2 hour before exercising or martial arts training. Seems to be a fantastic combination but will post more on that later.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is my fountain of youth remedy that I have used for about 15 years and the remedy that got Earth Clinic rocking and rolling! I am currently experimenting with apple cider vinegar soaks instead of drinking it and am having good results.
3. Green Smoothies:
Fantastic to regulate the bowels.
4. Flax Seed Oil, Organic:
Adding 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil to either a smoothie or yogurt makes skin soft and "dewey" the next morning. I would mark this as one of the best internal remedies for the skin, along with apple cider vinegar.
4. Cayenne Pepper
Any time I have a sore throat, I gargle with cayenne. Done this for the past 4 years. Works every time though strep throat takes 2-3 days to fully clear up.
Any time I eat a large amount of nuts, a boil starts to appear. I put 1 teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of water and drink it. Boil is almost gone by the next morning.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
Any time I get a pimple, I put H202 on a cotton ball and hold it to the pimple for 5-10 minutes. Virtually gone the next day.
7. Inversion Board Therapy
I use this to counter my bad neck posture at the computer. I also feel it is one of the BEST lymphatic flushes you can do, and am doing it as a breast cancer prevention remedy. I hang upside down for a minute, then come up for about 15 seconds and feel the blood rush back down to my feet, then hang upside down, then come up, about 6 times total... I call it my Dunking the Blood method!
Tricia From Ireland's List
Found this site around beginning of May 2009. As I read through old posts I eventually became addicted and now it is the 1st site I look at daily. This is my list.......
1. ACV & Bread Soda (Sodium Bicarb). I didn't have a problem with heartburn until last year when I attended a ENT specialist who could'nt find an answer to my chronic tonsil mucous. Diving me an antacid was a long shot as he thought I may possibly had silent acid reflux. The result was that after a month on this med I then began to suffer heartburn consistently unless I took tablets.. Ater first shot of 1/4 tsp of soada, 2tbsp acv and 8 oz water. instant total relief. two weeks of this 3 times per day then I started to reduce the quantity till I could stop totally and haven't had a problem since.
2. Ted's remedy for rosacea. 2 tbsp Hydrogen Peroxide and borax approx 1/2 tsp mixed and patted onto face neck & upper chest. Drink 1 ltr water with 1/8 tsp borax.
When I wasn't hospitalised or cremated as a result of no.1 I decided to go ahead and try this. I don't know which was more terrifying - asking for borax at the chemist or drinking it. Seeing as I stared this at the beginning of June and am still going strong at it should tell you that it is working well. After doing this daily for a month I reduced to every second day and now once a week. Noticable difference in the first week. Slow progress now but still working noetheless. I never had spots only skin flushing constantly which made me look very weatherbeaten because I also had broken veins.
3. Virgin coconut oil mixed with water for skin. I had cooked for years with this because of Dr. Mercola writing on the topic but any time I used it on my skin it had a tendancy to just sit on it rather than sink in. On this website I read that mixing the oil with water would help it to absorb......MAGIC.......
4. Painting Iodine. I just tried painting the iodine on to see how long it stayed. Curiosity more than anything else. I expected it to last for days like it did when I was young.. Gone inside an 2 hours. So I kept it up and within a week noticed a) brain fog -gone b) the constant feeling that I had something stuck in my throat - gone and c) more energy. Hoped it woould cure my tonsil mucous but nothing yet. Now I only iodine paint 3 per week.
5. Cayenne Pepper and ACV and Honey. Once I got the quantity right for sore throat it is a wonderful recipe.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide and Water. As a mouthwash 2 per week I feel gauranteed to keep orally hygenic.
At present I am taking as per the broken vein thread VitK in the form of capsule and face cream. Vit K is fat soluble so this goes down with a swig of cod liver oil. Vit c capsule and face cream and kathy's recipe for flavenoids... UUGGHH... Started 4 days ago so too soon to tell but I've had a few complement on my skin last night when I met friends. Came home, looked in the mirror and sure enough there is a marked difference. Too soon to tell if it is a cure so I wait to nuber it as an actual favourite.
Now I also look at my daily food intake in a different light. I take into consideration the nutritional and medicinal capacity before I and my family eat.