I started juicing fruits and veggies with a juicer for my severe RA and juiced for one week and made sure to stay away from grains/starches and animal products after that week. My knees that were once swollen are not swollen anymore.
Lysine puts RA into remission. All auto-immune disease is attached to a herpes virus. Make the herpes virus go dormant with the Lysine and the RA goes into remission. Arginine aggravates RA.
You need to take at least 8 grams a day in the morning on an empty stomach if you want results. It should put it into remission within 2 months or less.
Hello, At the age of 9 I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Sins then I have tried a lot of different alternative treatments. Think about Alkaline diets, fruit diet, Juice, Raw, Ortho, Fytho, Cleanings, earthclinic treatments, aryuveda. And al of them gave me signs of relieve but none of them helped me to overcome and stop taking chemical medicines. Plus that the only chemical medicine that helped me to have no RA symptoms where enbrel (TNF-alfa blockers). Notice I still have a alkaline diet mixed with aryuvedic influences natural medicines to help me a lot!!! But the reason I am writing this is because I found a wonderful medicine called LDN also known as low dose naltrexone. This is the first medicine that gave me clear signs of healing. Sins I started taking this I am off the enbrel (TNF-alfablockers). Before that I needed to take these medicines because if I didn't take them I would end up in bed not been able to walk. And this happened me many times because of my will not to take them while trying natural solutions.
You can find a lot of information on the net just look up under the name LDN or low dose naltrexone.
Here is one link http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/
I have to add that its not easy to find doctors that will describe you these medicines but if you look good enough you will find them all over the globe. Most of them are natural therapists that have the knowledge to help you. But in case of general hospitals and such they wont even give you a change to speak because they believe in nonsense. It took me some internet research before I ended up on a dutch LDN forum where I talked with some people who are taking this medicine for awhile. Most of them are MS patients and they are out of their wheel chairs thanks to this medicine. Now I am the lucky one to pass on this experience.
Please do your research- its a really wonderful medicine.
Greetings from the Netherlands.
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Better But With Side Effects
I started taking 1g of MSM by Health for Designs for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I tried to go up to 2g, but the palpitations were too much for me so I stayed at 1. About a month after taking this dosag,e I started getting the palpitations again plus problems breathing. I stopped taking it and the palpitations and breathing issues went away, but now my RA pain is back. If anyone could recommend anything I could take with it or another dosage to help with the side effects I would greatly appreciate it. I had seen mention of taking MSM with the vitamin c. Does this help?
This is the first supplement that has helped my RA and I really do not want to go on the nasty drugs, so any help would be wonderful.
I've been on MSM for 33 days now. I started off on low doses and now I'm taking a half a teaspoon two times a day. I guess that is 4 grams. I'm drinking 2 litres a day and that is about all I can take. I'm not a big person. I'm getting mild headaches, flushed flu like sweating, mild and painful bloating, not severe. I understand about toxic reactions as far as herxhimer reaction goes. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and a yet undiagnosed numbness in three fingers in my right hand. In the past, I have suffered from migraine and insomnia, and stomach problems, so I know the level of pain in these symptoms. My thoughts are, how toxic is your body when you have a chronic disease? I assume having RA I have levels of toxicity all the time. I am not experiencing any RA symptoms at the moment because it usually occurs in rainy weather. It is summer here, and I wanted to begin the MSM now in preparation for the colder weather when I experience the worst pain. I really need to find an anti-inflammatory as I don't have one. Either they are ineffective or have been taken off the market (Vioxx and Prexige). I am on methotrexate 7.5mg and do not want to take any more 'drugs'. Considering the toxic effects of RA, can anyone tell me how long I have to put up with the MSM side effects. It's been over 4 weeks now? Also is glucosamine and or chondriatin effective for RA?
Hi, I'm in lot of pain due to my RA.I just turned 40 last month and felt pain in my wrist and feet joint.whole body is in pain and all joints ache and swell. Please guide me with right supplements. I am taking MSM and Magnesium right now and Vit D. Please guide me what else I can take for pain and stiffness and future deformaty.
Fountain Inn, Sc
Fountain Inn, Sc
I was diagnosed with RA at age 27. I'm now 50 and for many years I took methotrexate and lived in denial. I've had surgery on my feet several times. I began trying to find a solution through diet 3 yr ago. I gave up meat followed by dairy.( I had read these were triggers) however my RA was creeping back so I did a workshop with a health researcher who 30 yrs previous had cured his own RA and told me it was either a deficiency, diet or a possible food allergy and recommended Patrick Holford's Say No To Arthritis. (I was now taking a variety of nutrients recommended: vit C, vit D3 10,000, MSM, Fulvic Minerals, and still it was progressing.
After reading his book, I was certain a food allergy was my problem. I paid Ã‚Â£250 for a york allergy test (food) however the results weren't conclusive I was allergic to meat, fish oils, sea food. Mostly stuff I didn't eat. Milk weren't there so I started having milk again on my porridge. Then I discovered "The Borax Conspiracy" article. Again, I was convinced I had found the solution. I ordered the boron supplements and started on 9mg Triple Boron Complex (x3 3mg) as recommended reading all the testimonals and believed again I had found the solution. 5 days into boron and I had the worst herx, I struggled downstairs with every part of my body hurting like never before. I believed this was a good sign and continued meantime I included different nutrients so I'm now taking Vit C, D3, boron 9mg, sellenium, potassium, flaxseed, magnesium, vit B1,2,3,6,12, and folate. The herx didn't subside, it just sent my RA into overdrive and now I'm swelling and hurting in other places that weren't affected and has made it worse than ever.
Starting to feel deflated and defeated, I read about LDN, surely this is the answer my thinking was: I have had this condition so long my body doesn't know the war's over and 8 wks ago I started on LDN tbh. I didn't think it was doing anything and my RA is so bad my consultant wants me on medication (another trial) bc I have 20+ inflamed joints, and I'm really struggling.
Last week, I forgot to take my meds 1 night (LDN) and next day I was in pain so I do believe it's having an effect, however it's not putting me in remission. I am now so disheartened and don't know were to turn or what to do next I can't bear this pain. I'm waking through the night for pain killers it's just not stopping. I am so deflated and sick of pain.
I'm useless and can't do simple things, I can't plan ahead, my life is so limited I chose to stay in bc everything is a struggle.
I'm now trying ACV but it's soul destroying when nothing works. Any advice is welcomed. I'm struggling with depression now. Sorry this is a long thing.
Bat Cave, North Carolina
diagnosed with severe Rhuematoid Arthritis a year ago. The following is what I did to treat it.
1. Ascorbic Acid- at least 1-2 Grams per day. Yes Grams. Vitamin C- Aka ascorbic acid was looked at by big pharma and was found to be almost miraculous in the treatment of a number of diseases. They attempted to get patent rights for it and were denied, no profit no more research. I have always felt that RA is an imbalance in my immune system, Ascorbic Acid helped restore that balance.
2. Boron- Here is the kicker you can only buy it in 3 mg capsules but You need at least 20 mg per day total taken in 3 doses, so stock up on the big bottle. Why does this work? Your immune system is in your gut/intestines. An imbalance in the fauna and flora sets up a dominoe effect to allow fungus such as candida albicans to take root in your intestinal walls causing leaky gut syndrome. This is how food allergies and reactions to specific stressor foods manifest themselves. Boron is one of the best "all natural" anti-fungals known to man. It makes you pee bright yellow but that is the only side effect other than killing unwanted fungus in your intestines.
3. Pro-biotics. Like I stated previously all of your immune system originates in your intestines, when you take care of the good bacteria in your gut, then your gut will start taking care of you. I recommend a pro-biotic that is of soil origin (will say on bottle)and more than one type. These types go after the bad guys in your intestines and stop the proliferation of the bad which gives your gut the time it needs to heal. If you don't take soil origin probiotics at least twice a day and You have RA then You are indeed a fool.
3. Reishi Mushroom extract- proven immune system modulator. Follow recommended dosage on the bottle. It helps your immune system rebalance itself.
4. If You have RA the foods you consume are no longer about what You like, thats what got you into this mess to begin with. When you have inflammation in your body from other than injury, its guaranteed you have inflammation in your intestines. Every time you think its "okay" to consume a stressor food (can be found on the net what they are) it is like adding fuel to the fire. Especially night shade family veggies, grains, and dairy. I know its hard to give these up. They used to be my favorites. But it is possible. Also Stay away from processed foods, chemical additives of any kind are not your friend including those that you wash with or that go on your skin. Stay away from commercially raised beef and stick to grass fed. Stay away from chicken and stick to turkey without additives (shady brook brand)Did you know they were putting arsenic into the chicken feed and hence it could be found in the meat? Find a recipe for bread made with brown rice flour, no potato starches or oils other than coconut. Stay away from soy bean oils (check your supplements) so many of them are GMO you cannot trust the source anymore and GMO food will send You into flare quicker than anything I know of.
5. I found a rheumatologist who put me on minocycline and that is what I prefer because it isn't as toxic as other drugs. I started out on 100mg 2x a day with the above regimen until I went into remission then I cut back to 100mg 1x per day until in remission for more than 2 weeks then cut back to 100mg 1x per day on Mon, Wed, and Friday. (see Dr. Mercolas web-site for the Mon, wed, Fri regimen)Rhuematologists are hard to find that use minocycline or that you can convince to prescribe it to you alone, I personally have to travel 120 miles for appointments but here I sit in remission, joints healing up, no swelling anywhere. I honestly don't know if this regimen will work for those on the more toxic drugs but I believe you have everything to gain. If You don't take any other supplements at all the Ascorbic Acid, Boron and Pro-biotics are the most beneficial. Others that I take are":Glucosamine chondroiton with MSM
magnesium 500 2x a day
potassium 1gram 1x a day
selenium 1x a day
zinc 1x a day.
N-acetyl cysteine-builds up your glutathione levels. Something found lacking in all with arthritis of any kind.
Boron can be increased up to 30mg perday if symptoms are stubborn.
It took me 2 months on this regimen to go into remission. It is a wonderful thing to be able to say that word "remission" without the fear of going into flare-up tommorow and I am not there yet. I will say the only other thing I would attempt to do is relieve as much stress and anger in your life as possible and make sure you have a strong personal relationship with God and Your family. If you don't have faith you can beat this disease from running your life, then you won't.
I sit here symptom free and grateful that I am. If anything I have learned compassion for others who suffer from RA and other debilitating diseases and that is my only motivation for posting this. I pray that one day they will have a cure available and these type of diseases can be treated with something which works quickly and effectively but until the pharmacutical industry is more cure driven than profit driven I really dont see that happening. I hope for the best for you. I think you are going to see the ascorbic acid/boron and probiotics being used more in the treatment of this disease as more is learned about it.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Started UC-II (Source Naturals) 70 days ago and feel it is helping.
I take 1,500mg VC and might consider more.
Magnesium Malate helps muscles and I get much better sleep.
I also take 1 x 3mg Boron, some BVitamins and VD3 1,000iu daily much better than used to be although still suffer with the rheumatoid.
Also take 1,500mg cap. of Oregano Oil for 1 month then off for 1 month. You also have to take a probiotic when on Oregano Oil. Careful as it can thin the blood - if you are on other blood thinners (e. G. anti-inflammatories) or fish oil iodine also thins the blood.
When my wrist, or knee or ankle swells I break open a cap. of Oregano Oil rub it on and stops the pain.
I'm 31 now, RA started long ago, around 12. My experience with RA hasn't been so harsh (no severe inflamation, crippling, pain) but enough to change my life and my habits. The diagnose was given only a few months ago, as a matter of fact.
The condtiton IS STILL THERE, BUT IS VISIBLY FADING :))) BECAUSE:
- I STARTED CRITICIZING LESS (MYSELF AND OTHERS), TOLERATING AND LOVING MORE (yes, a wise, compassionate, positive attitude CAN make the body more alkaline and be a relief to RA)
-BECAME ALMOST VEGAN (I dearly recommend you all to watch FORKS OVER KNIVES for the ones still skeptical)
- I move quite a lot, dance, walk, swim and lots of stretching, yoga, PRANAYAMA (breathing exercises)
- I do CLEANSING (colon, liver), I take SUPPLEMENTS , mainly HERBAL, such as HARPAGOPHYTUM, TURMERIC, SAFFRON (if one can afford it , makes miracles for damaged joints), MSM, CLAY, AND MY LATEST DISCOVERY, RECOMMENDED BY A NATUROPATH: LIQUORICE ROOT POWDER, 10-12GR / DAY (started taking the latter a few weeks ago and I am feeling so much better, I know it might seem a lot, some find it emetic but works for me). Learn more, might be of some help for you too!
BEST WISHES OUT THERE!
Thank you for all you information that you so freely share
I've had RA for over 40yrs and have tried so many "new" programs I sometimes feel like a lab rat I received your name from one of the many people who trust you and shared the methylene blue I would like it if you'd look over my program and give me your opinion I am not asking you for medical advise just your opinion please I really could use the help.
Turmeric 500 2Xday
just stared yesterday: ACV 1tbps & baking soda 1/2 tsp 2Xday
Thank you and looking with hope for your opinion
I'm inquiring about a problem I have with RA Arthrit I've had this nasty problem for 18 yrs. now. I have done all the dr. things. All kinds of meds. pills, shots and injections as well. Needless to say, some did'nt work at all! And some worked for several weeks even a few of them lasted several months. Ran out of stuff! Then tried all sorts of different Vitamins, then certain food diets.ect I could go on. At times I had to live with horrid pain. I don't know what else can be done? I need help, if anyone could help with info, PLEASE send asap. Thanks ru
EC: Hi Ru, can you please tell us exactly what supplements and special diets you tried?
Thousand Oaks, Ca, USA
San Clemente, Ca
I was diagnosed with RA 1 year ago. The pain continued to worsen, darvocet didn't touch the pain. The pain was constant. Someone suggested that I try drinking 3 cups of nettle tea a day....in 2 days I went from extreme pain to no pain! It has been 7 months and I still continue to do great. (i take no meds!) The usual things sometimes trigger a flare up, but it is mild and short lived. I do everything I want to do. Before drinking the tea, I was unable to do the basic everyday things. Research it, and then give it a try!! Never hurts to check with Dr. before trying something new. I have had no negative side affects from the tea. My rheumatologist is amazed. I have the ccp antibody, so I was expected to be real bad at this point!
I am 25 and have had RA for 1-1/2 years and am on medication but I have been oil pulling for 1 week but have cut out dairy, wheat, corn, soy, sugar, caffeine for 5 weeks, take mineral supplements but feel terrible, seem to be worsening everyday. It is very difficult to continue this when I am not feeling better, has anyone gone through this and if so how long until you will feel better? The pain and swelling is in both my feet and my fingers. So walking and anything with my hands is difficult. I need encouragement to continue on if it's going to work with this instead of resorting to more medication!
To Mona from Bangalore: Do not stop rinsing your mouth with sesame oil. I had rhumatoid arthritis three years ago in my fingers and wrists of both bands. Not only did my arthritis was completely cured in three months, but also my puffed up face which was due to allergic rhinitis (cattarrah). Further this practice also cured by wife's 20 year old bladder infection, the numbness on her thigh; my daughter's and niece's tooth ache; dark circles round another niece's eyes and some other cures about which I hope to post in details. Wish you good health and good luck. God bless you.
EC: More about Oil Pulling here.