Thinking that I might suffer from Sjogren's I decided to pay a visit to my husband's GP (I don't have one, I rarely go to mainstream doctors! ). This is a doctor in Switzerland, where medicine is supposed to be good and I had been there once, months ago. Because I thought that I might actually just suffer from Candida I took my Cure Candida Through Diet book with me to help him along. Of course he wasn't interested in anything to do with Candida, whether I could suffer from it or not was of no consequence to him. But well, I have a lot of difficulty sleeping with my dry eyes and mouth.... But that is my problem, he must have thought... His answer, when I showed him the book was that anybody can write everything which doesn't mean that they are right! Then I went on to tell him about my other complaints, white spots on the skin, lower back pain, warts.... A bit bored he asked me which complaints I wanted him to treat, meaning I shouldn't come with so many thing but choose a couple and leave it at that. Amazing... Isn't the complete picture what should give a doctor an idea of what one is suffering from? In the end I had a blood test and he is going to see whether I really have Sjogren's. For the rest he asked no questions, showed no interest only told me that having Sjogren's, although not a pleasant illness it is not really something to worry about! So I came home, feeling abandoned, with no one to turn too with my symptoms except this site, as usual, and my books!
If you think that I was unlucky with my choice of doctor think again, they just don't care and the choice is very limited here although through my health insurance I have access to two countries, France and Switzerland. But maybe I am lucky, I have just read the book "Breaking through the untouchable diseases" by Geral Green, which I will review here in due course, phoned Gerald last Sunday, had a great conversation with him and am starting the anti-Candida diet soon and he will ship me his medication. So fingers crossed I will be feeling a lot better soon (sorry Bill, you told me to do the diet such a long time ago.....)!
Manhattan, New York
Michelbach-le-bas, Alsace, France
Manhattan, New York
Michelbach-le-bas, Alsace, France
Houston, Tx Usa
Everyone says 1/2 glass of water. Are you talking about an 8 oz. Glass?
Is it ok to take honey if I am suffering from intestinal candida? Thanks!
Has anyone used Gentian Violet internally for candida since it is an anti-fungal like methylene blue? Thank you in advance.
YES! I successfully cut up a piece of 3-4" ginger root and boil for 20 mins in 2 cups water and allow to cook on slow stove. I had this 3-4 times daily for few days and the nastiest of candida is now gone! Amazing!
I am 36 yr. Old female curing my candida with ginger root tea. I use 2 tablespoons of peeled and diced ginger root steeped in 2 cups of boiling water. I drink this tea twice a day (morning/night.) It stops the growth of candida and cleanses the system as well. I happened upon a clinical study that showed ginger as an effective fighter against fungal infections and thought I would try it. I am pleased with how I am feeling after one week of my trial. My spit tests are coming out clear every morning and I do not seem to be suffering any die off effects (ginger has me eliminating 3 times a day, remaining solid as well)I am sleeping well, have more energy, can think clearly, and pain has almost gone completely.
For a yeast infection that you get only occasionally, Grapefruit Seed Extract works miracles... usually in hours...not kidding Take 10-15 drops 3 times a day in juice... it's very bitter, so watch out!
If your Candida is systemic, chronic and ongoing:
1) Get on the low-fat, mostly raw Vegan train right now! Have copious amounts of organic fruits ONLY on an empty and wait 2 hours before eating anything else...have most of your fruit in the morning. As long as you have no fat or a very low-fat diet, you should not have reactions to the sugar in fruit. FRUIT is healing... You need it... Going long periods without it puts you at great risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The theory is that when you consume a lot of fat, even the healthy kinds, you are coating your intestines and the sugars that should normally be released quickly into your blood isn't released. The fruit, or other carbs, just sit there putrifying, clogged up with the fat, and the candida get to FEAST and make you feel terrible too.
As your only grains, I recommend organic quinoa and organic brown rice and if you are really craving protein, have only wild Alaskan Salmon.... but that's it...no nuts, no red meats or pork - they will only clog you up... No adding excess oils to your meals - just maybe a tsp. Oilve oil per serving of a dish...and no more than half an avocado per day. You'd be wise, at least for the first few days, to eliminate all oils completely to cleanse your system.
2) Take the Niacin... 300-1000mg each day... working your way up slowly by taking 25mg 3 times a day with meals...eventually the flushing will be over or entirely tolerable and you can easily take 1000mg a day, no problem.
3) Take epsom salt baths... 1 per day, if you can.
4) Take about 3-5 capsules of SF-722 with each meal, which can be bought from Vitacost.com.
5) Buy gallons of spring water and put in at least 1 heaping teaspoon of SEA SALT in it and drink it all day...stay hydrated... Use only spring water in your cooking -- avoid tap water like the plague.
5) Do salt water flushes... as much as you can tolerate. Some say, do it 1st thing in the morning, but I like to do them in late afternoon on a day I'm not working - that way, the whole process is done within about 3 hours and I can have a good night's sleep afterwards.
Salt Water Flush Instructions >>>
The Salt Water Flush is performed by warming up one quart of water, only enough to make it lukewarm, not boiling. Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt (not table salt), and include juice from a lime or lemon to improve taste. Drink the entire amount in one sitting, do this at sunrise every day for seven days. Make sure to sip the drink rather than gulping it. Within 30-45 minutes of drinking the saline solution, you will feel the need to have a bowel movement. Depending on your diet, and how many times you have performed the flush, you may feel bloated and the elimination may not come within the specified time frame. Fortunately, there are some simple exercises to speed up the process. The first recommended exercise is the Kogasana or Crow pose. Simply squat down with your back propped against a wall while you sip water.
Another exercise is to rub your stomach both clockwise and counter clockwise. Thirdly, you may try spreading your feet apart and spinning your body from left to right (this is a great stretch for the lower back and abdomen). Lastly, the traditional Cobra position is also great for stimulating the intestines.
You are almost set to begin your first Salt Water Flush, but don't begin before you read these tips:
* The Salt Water Flush is useful before beginning a new naturopathic program, such as a new dietary or vitamin regimen. It allows you to start with a clean state and observe the unadulterated benefits of the new program.
* Speak with a physician first if you have ulcers, appendicitis, tuberculosis, or cancer.
* Celtic Sea Salt is reported to make the taste more tolerable.
* Using a straw may help with the taste of the drink.
* A flush will not work properly if performed too soon after your last meal. Wait at least eight hours.
* Plan to be near the toilet for two hours after you drink the solution.
* Headaches are a frequent detoxification symptom. They usually disappear by day four.
I have recently developed serious candida for the second time in 20 years. I was nauseated 24/7 but didn't know why -- until I figured out that I had stomach candida and that that was the cause of the nausea. (The why of how I got candida this time is a longer story that I'll skip.) I know all the candida remedies from my first bout 20 years ago -- and I decide to start with Grapefruit Seed Extract - which I've been taking for the past 3 days. The amazing thing is it's great clinical proof of the efficacy of GSE against candida. The moment I take the stuff the nausea decreases or goes away. Last night I made the mistake of having bread -- and within an hour or so I was really nauseated. I took the GSE and within minutes the nausea level had greatly declined. Great stuff. Just make sure you get a recognized brand that regularly tests their product so you don't run into the toxic contamination issue.
I have taken GSE off and on for years so I have a high tolerance and went straight to 15 drops in water 3 times a day -- pretty bitter -- but I'll drink as much I want of that glass over a period of about 4 hours until it runs out and then do it again.
FOR THOSE WHO WERE SUCCESSFUL OR NOT USING GSE: Did you also go on the strict candida diet? And if you did how long were you on it? How long before you saw results?
I have been taking GSE for some months now and it has really helped with this Monster, however, i am still eating the sugars and breads, not like I was, conversely, I want to know if anyone has taken GSE and continued to eat sweets/bread and the Monster was kept bay?
Confused in the Capital
New York City, Ny, Usa
can anyone help with information as how to deal with sugar/bread/cookie cravings when you start to take grapefruit seed extract or borax to kill candida? thank you for any help.
I had a very bad case of Candida last winter. It was extremely harsh. My crotch and butt were itchy and sometimes burned, my mood was agitated, I was suffering from insomnia. To finally get rid of the ailment, I went on a sugar-free diet and took some medication from my doctor. This was great. It killed all the candida within days. My problem then became a severe flu, as my body was not getting rid of the dead candida fast enough. My body was basically experiencing toxic shock. I took tons of fiber, drank gallons of water over several days. This finally made me feel better. Now, I just take Grapefruit seed extract in water every few days to keep the candida at bay. It is very effective at eliminating candida after it has set in as well, but you should take a diuretic to get the dead candida out of you. For candida, take 5-6 drops of GSE in 20oz of water. Drink in one sitting. Do this once each day for 3 days. May cause heartburn. If so, water down the dosage or use fewer drops (3-4).
Can anyone shed any light on why I froth from the mouth when taking GSE and ACV. Not at the same time. I am taking them for possible candida infection. Thanks. Good luck to all.
Before you jump into curing your candida, try to figure out the unlying cause first. I have been trying different candida remedies...oil of oregano, parasite cleanses, cleaning up my diet...and I still suffer from all the terrible symptoms. One day I started reading out metal toxicity and how candida is farmed by the body to absorb the extra metal. So I decided to order an oral chelation kit for metal detox and something interesting has happened since. I have been on the program for about two weeks with no major physical improvements. But this morning I went to have my bi-monthly colonic and the lady who administers noticed that a LOT of yeast was coming out of my body! I do believe the metal detox is helping and the yeast is dying. Since then I have been feeling better today...more energy, slightly clearer head, and NO insane sugar cravings. If you have metal fillings like I do then you may want to seriously consider doing a metal detox and see if that helps with the candida. I plan to have my metal fillings removed when I have the money to do so. And make sure you get a good oral chelation kit, not just a cheap bottle of EDTA. Do your research...you need a good combination of other herbs as well to do a successful detox as well as a digestible antioxidant formula.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Show Low, Az
Fremont, Ca, Usa
Los Angeles, California
This is what gets rid of candida for me:
- a wormwood combination product (from vitacost online) that contains wormwood, black walnut, cloves, quassia and male fern root.
- white oak bark taken on an empty stomach with a digestive enzyme,
- a really good probiotic (not one from your local drugstore)
- super strength odorless garlic capsules
It's very important to keep your body alkaline and a fizzy alkalizer with potassium bicarbonate and natural alkalizers works a lot better than baking soda to do this. I buy a good one online from swanson's.
I must eat complex carbs for energy, and so I take these remedies when the candida gets bad.