Hi, my post is more for chronic yeast sufferers.
Apple cider vinegar is great and I wish I knew about 6 years ago maybe my yeast infections wouldn't have gone chronic if I CUT THE SUGAR and drank ACV.
One thing I learned through this site that truly helped was prebiotics. Prebiotics are just as important as probiotics. Main difference? Prebioctics they help your colon "treat itself" and stay strong against infections. (Please do your own research on it)
Grapefruit Seed Extract liquid (any brand) cleans out your body and cheap you only take a few drops so the bottle lasts for a long time.
It is important that your doctor follows your progress every step of the way, regardless of how you decide to treat yourself. It feels good when the doctor says "whatever your doing keep at it". Here is the list of stuff I rotate through (it's been 6 months since my yeast infection, I used to get them every month), you need to reasearch this stuff , see what works and keep safe dosages.
- ACV (pills if you can't bare with the taste)
- Prebiotics (will use this forever to keep my colon/body strong) this way the infection will reach my forbidden fruit.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract Liquid (if I notice a change in "mucus" I drink this in OJ)
- Probiotics (carefull some of them need to be refrigarated)
- Folic acid (good for general va-jay-jay health)
- Pau d'arco (I make tea, but it is also in pill form)
less strong then Grapefruit seed extract liquid mentionned above. But still cleanses your body.