Posted by Kelly (Vancouver, Bc) on 07/27/2016
For A bladder infection:
Baking Soda!! Haven't taken antibiotics in years since I found this remedy. It works during all stages. You get pain relief almost instantly as the Baking Soda will raise the acid-base balance of the acidic urine and clean your whole bladder out.Depending on how badly your UTI has progressed (how long it went untreated), here is my dosing schedule:
- Day 1: 1/2 - 1 tsp baking soda in dissolved in water 3 times a day
- Day 2: 1/2 - 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in water 2 times a day
- Day 3: 1/2 - 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in water 1 time a day
- Day 4: 1/2 - 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in water 1 time a day
- Day 5: 1/2 - 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in water 1 time a day
You can continue this treatment from 3-7 days depending on the severity of the infection. Its important to continue drinking this mixture once a day for a couple days after symptoms are gone to make sure that it will not come back. If your UTi is severe you can do 3 x a day for the first few days if needed.
Don't drink this mixture on an extremely full stomach, as you will get a horrible stomach ache, but some food is fine.
Remember to take your vitamins as baking soda will deplete you of essential vitamins and minerals, particularly B vitamins, folic acid and chromium. Take a Vitamin B supplement and other daily vitamins if you are worried.
Drink an extra glass of water after your glass with baking soda and remember to stay hydrated, you won't kick this thing unless you are clearing out your bladder, which will only happen with lots of water drinking..