Posted by Dudeman (Hammond, Louisiana, Usa) on 10/23/2011
[YEA] I have tried some of the ideas here in order to avoid my health insurance's deductible. I don't go to the doctor much so a visit this late in the year seems like a waste.
I contracted my scabies from a longtime friend of the family who hugged me several weeks ago for an extended time (2 minutes?) while photos were taken. Turns out she has been dealing with an intense rash and may even still be in denial about it being scabies.
Unfortunately, I wasn't immediately aware of her affliction and assumed my itch was due to mosquitoes, allergies, new detergent... Until I was fully infested. Then I treated with lice shampoo, bleach, peroxide, hot water, various lotions... Some provided relief, others provided chemical burns! (yes... I missed the part about the "non" chlorine bleach LOL)
So, unable to take it any more I decided to step up the battle and purchased a concentrated 40% permethrin solution which I used to create an 8% permethrin spray. After completely washing my body using Joy to removed all body oils and dirt... I applied the 8% permethrin from the neck down. When my wife came home, she aided me in treating my head, face and ears.
I will WARN you... This stings like a *****! The areas that I damaged previously with the bleach were the worst and I almost washed the solution off... but I knew this was my last chance!!! The burning subsided and the itching was already lessened within the hour.
I let the solution airdry and left it on for over 18 hours. I used a little calamine lotion upon going to bed to soothe the few areas still itching. Then showered vigorously in the morning. It is now mid afternoon of the day after my treatment (the same day of the showering) and I am a new man. I've had a few itches and welts (less than 5), but nothing like what I have dealt with for the last 2 weeks; my body was covered.
I plan to repeat my treatment with permethrin next week to be sure I have beat it. I post this more as a ray of hope for anyone suffering, rather than a guide to follow. I do not suggest you do what I have done as you could seriously harm yourself. What I am suggesting is that you visit your doctor and use plenty of the permethrin cream to cure yourself once and for all!!!
I realized this goes against the "natural" theme of this website... But it's the only place I found any real information, and I want you all to experience some relief. Several of the stories I read on here brought me to tears! Good Luck!