Posted by Warren (Manti, Utah Usa) on 02/15/2011
[BETTER BUT NOT CURED] I am very glad that I found Earth Clinic Folk Remedies especially regarding the scabies cures.
I discovered that I have scabies last Saturday though I have had the beginning of symptoms for a couple of weeks. I totally agree with someone else that said that this is a disease from hell. My hands are a mess with scabby red blotches and red spots.
I have tried the diatomaceous earth with partial success. I find that it is quite effective at taking away or reducing the pain after I apply it to the red spots that are bothering me the most. Someone else mentioned the importance of getting the food grade diatomaceous earth.
I also tried the mixing bleach with water cure, mixing I cup with two cups of water. I burned my skin and caused my hand and forehead to swell up. This was because I used the wrong kind of bleach. It was Western Family, regular scent bleach, and it says "Kills viruses that cause colds and flu. " This kind of bleach is not based on hydrogen peroxide and is very toxic. It contains sodium hypochlorite.
The appropriate kind of bleach is hydrogen peroxide based. Sharon from Wesley Chapel, FL says that she found non-chlorine bleach at WalMart with a pink label. At my WalMart the label is a green-blue color, and it says GREAT VALUE Chlorine-Free BLEACH - Cleans and whitens - Scent free. In reading the label it says that it contains hydrogen peroxide, citric acid and water.
When I called the poison center I was told to be careful with putting more potentially harmful chemicals on my hands while they are recovering from the bleach (wrong kind) that I used.
I also tried the Citrus Listerine-mouthwash cure which follows up with orange oil which I diluted 1/2 with olive oil. This was after using the wrong bleach treatment. I did sleep very well for six hours last night after trying that treatment.
The skin on my hands have had a lot of stress with the scabies, the wrong bleach, the diamotaceous earth and the Listerine mouthwash.
I now have the right kind of bleach, (chlorine-free and containing hydrogen peroxide, citric acid and water). But I am going to wait a while before trying it to give my hands a while to heal from the previous treaments.
I have ordered an herb that I understand comes from India called triphala, which should arrive by this Friday, 18 february 2011. It has helped some to cure scabies. It comes in the form of a powder and is used every day in a 1/2 cup of warm water with a drink of water afterwards as a chaser because it is pretty bitter. I will give a report later on how that works out for me. I like the idea that it works from the inside out. Or in other words it is taken internally and yet kills the scabies mite.
I wanted to warn other readers on this site that it is very important to get the right products or to be smarter than I was and read the labels carefully.
To the editors of Earth Clinic Folk Remedies.
I have written a book with the title: Say NO to Counterfeit Health Care - YES to the Alternative. I wrote the book to let people know that there is an alternative to the following scenario: You get older and get sick. Then you go to medical doctors at which point you are introduced to unnatural drugs. You get sicker as time goes on and are led into taking more drugs. You die taking 6 to 12 drugs or more in the name of seeking health. Is this scenario in your future? The human body is a natural creation. Drugs are not, nor do they equal or create health inspite of what the medical industry, the government and the insurance companies want us to believe. There is a better, more natural way. That is why I wrote the book.
I am 72 years of age and take no drugs at all. I am usually very healthy and this scabies episode is giving me quite a perspective on what can happen to a healthy person when invaded by an outside influence that is so dangerous and can take over your body as this does.
Again, thanks for the great web site.