Got my USP Glycerin today, used it on my tongue 3 times before 10 PM, and no more white tongue. Now we'll see how long it lasts. Glycerin tastes good, and I swallow it. Tried the hydrogen peroxide and it did not work - also made my tongue sore.
Nyc , Ny
Nashua, Nh Usa
I found a bottle of vegetable glycerin in a health food store for about $5. I put a few drops on my toothbrush and bushed my tongue. It has been white for years even after hydrogen peroxide, salt, different toothpastes. After using glycerin for a day my tongue is almost totally pink. My mouth also tastes sweet but not overly so.
Mongomery Village, Md Usa
Dallas, Texas, Us
Rustenburg, North West. South Africa
Ottawa, On, Canada
Over Here, Md
Whitehouse Sta, Nj Usa
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi. Where can I find glycerin? I looked in the toothpaste aisle and in the organic aisle at the supermarket. Is it something you can only find online? Thank you.
EC: No, check the wound care section in your local pharmacy or grocery store. We usually see it on either the very top or the very bottom shelf. At Whole Foods, we once found a great brand of vegetable glycerin in the castor oil/massage oil section. Singers use veggie-based glycerin to coat sore throats as it's safe for internal use.
Here's one advertised at iherb.com: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7962&at=0
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I wanted something natural to whiten my teeth and take the white film off my tongue. A co-worker of mine told me to try glycerine to replace it for toothpaste when i wanted a whiter smile and clean tongue so i tried it and to my surprise the stains on my teeth were gone they were gleaming and my tongue was so pink and healthy. and i loyally use it every now and then when my teeth are looking dull and brush my tongue with it daily!
Vancouver, BC Canada
Honey for white coated tongue: Let honey sit in your tongue for 5 minuts. Then brush your tongue with honey. It instantly gets pink. But it's not treating the root cause...
The white tongue issue most of you are probably referring to is called geographical tongue. This is only present in about 3% of the population. I was diagnosed with this about 3 years ago, and officially, there is no cure for it. I had searched high and low for one, and all official websites state there just isn't one. However, some sites have stated to brush with peroxide, but I haven't had much success with it. Sorry I couldn't offer a positive remedy.
white tongue: I am using Oral Peroxide, have been for apx. 2 months. Very little diff. Looking for home remedy that works.
re: white tongue. I am surprised no one has proposed using hydrogen peroxide to remove a tongue coating. Flush several times for between 30 and 60 minutes with approx. 2 or 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.. worked for me
Brushed the tongue with seasalt which removed the white coating on the back on the tongue, but a grey/white patch remained in the center of the tongue with elongated white lesions in front of the patch.
The tongue was pulled forward with a wash cloth and the patch cotton swabbed with 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide over a periode of 5 days. The pain was excruciating. Layer after layer came off the tongue. The tongue looks swollen but clean now.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, india
Lie bumps or pimples on the tongue are almost completely overlooked in the medical profession. They are known as either eruptive lingual papillitis or fungiform papillary glossitis. There is one study indicating that lie bumps may be contagious, but there is also some evidence that it can be caused by irritation and minor damage to the tongue. People who have eczema, asthma or other allergies are more likely to suffer from lie bumps.
I have asthma and allergies, and in my experience with lie bumps I have gotten them from scraping my tongue on my teeth (for example, if there is food stuck in my teeth) quite often. I also experienced oral thrush once in my life due to being extremely run down. I was also dating a person who was rather yeasty at the time, as well. While I had oral thrush I had many painful lie bumps on my tongue. This may seem to back up the idea that lie bumps are contagious, but that I had lie bumps for on occasions many years before this it would seem that I caught it a long time before then or that it is something else.
I have noticed that if I eat more sugar, I will get lie bumps more regularly. In my opinion, sugar, thrush, and all-too-often tongue abrasions along it seems as though lie bumps are opportunistic yeast outbreaks that take root in any small nick or scrap in the tongue, provided that your oral condition are favourable for any yeastie-beasties.
You need to avoid high levels of carbohydrates in your mouth, or at least keep it to the shortest amount of time. This means you need to:
- reduce your sugar intake
- chew your food well
- drink water, rinse or brush after eating (if you have eaten something acidic, leave the brushing for a bit to save damaging the enamel on your teeth)
- avoid sticky high sugar foods, like toffee
You also need to ensure that your mouth is alkaline enough to prevent/inhibit the growth of yeast. Avoid highly acidic foods and drinks, such as cola.
My advice to someone suffering from lie bumps is to take the above advice on lifestyle and diet, and to look into the symptoms of systemic candida overgrowth as it is likely that the lie bumps are just one symptom of a bigger problem.
If you want to get rid of a current outbreak of lie bumps, I would recommend you try:
- applying a small amount of salt directly on to the bump and leaving it as long as possible
- avoid rubbing the bump on teeth as much as possible
- gargle a drop or two of an antifungal essential oil in warm water (oregano, tea tree, lavender, mint, cinnamon, thyme, clove...
- gargle salt water or iodine in water
- gargle some cayenne pepper (if you can handle it)
- swishing live-culture yoghurt in your mouth
- brush your teeth a minimum of two times a day, and rinse after eating any food
Try applying salt, gargling 1-2 times a day, swishing yoghurt and brushing and rinsing your mouth frequently.
Listerine mouthwash (antiseptic) really helps clean up your tongue. Just slowly swish it in your mouth and continue even if it burns. After the burn is unbearable or stops, then spit it in the sink. After three rinses my tongue was less white.
Los Angeles, Ca Usa
im 42, ive had a white tongue for about 6 months, it also is now going brown, like ive been smoking (i dont smoke , use drugs and would be lucky to drink one beer a month), dont have massive sugar or anything overload in my diet
tongue tastes horrid and feels like ive burnt it, rear teeth coated, tried everything:
oral medicine from doctor (mild response but made stomach sore)
water drinking increase
now trying rock salt, which cleans it better, but it still keeps coming back
its driving me insane, waking to it every morn (i brush tongue with salt and gargle) then by afternoon its back.
Michelbach-le-bas, Alsace, France
Los Angeles, Ca, Usa
Valley Stream , Ny
I have not been aware of "white tongue" as a condition until more recently, having it begin to dawn on me. Looking back from late teen years, I kept good oral heigene, but my breath was offensive, and I didn't know how to alleviate it. In later years the tongue became the focus of concern. Will toothpaste break down that white coating on the tongue? No. Somehow I began to find relief by bringing a heaping load of baking soda into my mouth on my toothbrush. I would then press the powder against the roof of my mouth for a while, then brush and rinse it off as well. It was a great help, actually chemically breaking down that white coating. It was so helpful that I began to put baking powder in a small jar and having it with my toothpaste when I travel. I've also gargled with water and some hydrogen peroxide. Salt water is great too, but I want to avoid the table salt containing aluminum, added in as a non-caking agent.
Of interest to those here. There is a "detox" diet, which I tried a few years ago and I believed helped me much in overall health, giving relief to a burdened liver (as the whites of my eyes were jaundiced looking.)
after getting I'll and seeing a very jaundiced look in my eyes, I went ahead and comitted to this Stanley Burough's "Master Cleanser" or lemonade diet. My mother had tried it. One thing you do when on the diet (10 day minimum) is monitor your tongue. Within. Few days on that detox, the tongue become a white shag carpet as the body begins to operate a cellular house cleaning. The tongue indicates the progress. And when do you note you're clean? The tongue turns pink and the white coating is gone.
I did that cleanse diet (a little yellow book at the health food store,) and found that in 30 days I did not get rid of white tongue, which indicates I am still full of toxins, despite all the absolutely vile stuff I hacked up when on the diet. I will begin that diet anew after thanksgiving. Perhaps this round I'll obtain that enviable pink tongue.
When on that diet, I must relate that I only needed 6 hours of sleep a night to feel very rested, nor did I toss and turn. I always awoke and felt bright, easily able to rise from bed. I had energy all day and ambition not evident since my teen years.
One other thing to share, that last time I got sick and jaundiced looking, I took up the free bio-meridian scan offered by Dr Jack Stockwell in SLC on his radio show. They tested me and the technition asked: "what have you done to your lungs? You have done damage to your lungs, you've got scar tissue in your lungs and are loaded in the abdomen with toxins."
Bingo. I was becoming a believer in the scan. My Sr. year of high school I was in a finishing room in the woodshop two hours a day for a few months. It was toxic. The year after I graduated, the fire Marshall condemned the place, forcing a wall to be knocked out and many more exhaust fans installed. My time there resulted in my developing an athsmatic condition, where I just struggled to get air. After a year it seemed this condition left me and I forgot about it until that scan affirmed lung damage and toxins were in my system.
So is that the basis of my white tongue? Will another long 2-3 weeks on the lemonaide diet cleanse me enough to obtain permanantly that white tongue? I shall see.
Thanks for the site and the reading of all these posts dealing with white tongue. It's very informative.
Helo im here coz i stil have white coating on my tongue and halitosis as well, i tried brushng my tongue using baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and now the charcoal powder..And i stil have a sour taste n my mouth when i wake up. Somebody plz help me get rid of ths embarasing problem.
I've experimented with the white tongue for 6 months. Tried:
1. Honey. No success.
2. Salt - strong effect, but no success.
3. Oregano Oil - stings, but no success.
4. Peppermint Oil - failure.
5. Listerine(Eucalptus oil) - failure.
6. Baking Soda - success for 1 day, failure afterwards.
7. Borax - success for 1 day, failure afterwards.
8. Diluted Bleach - turns tounge white, failure.
9. Acidified Bleach - 1/2 cap of bleach plus 2 TBSP ACV. This should create Hypochlorite. Turns toungue whiter. No success. This is supposed to have 10x the killing power of bleach.
10. Olive Oil - this started to turn my teeth yellow. Bad Failure. Candida may feed on the Oleic acid in Olive Oil. I dunno, but I ended this experiment early.
11. Turmeric - partial improvement. Temporary. Turns tounge yellow.
12. Mega-Garlic - partial improvement. Temporary. Tongue turns brown. I got some bloodblisters on the "cheek-gums" where white blisters previously existed. Took a few days. But these multi-month whit cheek blisters actually healed. This one probably works if you're willing to follow it through for a month.
13. Coconut Oil. Partial Success. Assuming it's candida, I will say that this kills the Aeorbic form, and not the Anerobic form. Some of the white stuff instantly disappears, and some doesn't. Coconut oil definitely does something.
14. Vinnegar and Borax mix. This is at least as good as the coconut oil. Two anti-infectives mixed. Success is temporary, but you can prevent any infection from getting worse... at least hold it to a stalemate. There is a commercial drug that uses this (Dermapet). I don't mention the brand name to promote it, but instead to say there is science behind it, and clinical studies, which are listed on the website. On a side note... I have tried three different ACV's, Heinz, Publix, and _____s. I suspect the organic one, braggs, to have live acidophilus whereas the others which were pasteurized don't... as the braggs aftertaste lasted for 24 hours. Most of the white stuff disappears, some of it doesn't.
15. Potassium Iodide(KI) - placed a 64 mg ki pill on the white area of the gum, that wasn't cured by the ACV/Borax mix... cured that area... I'm thinking that's the anerobic form of candida.
16. Providone - once per day - does something. Also turns toungue brown.
17. Providone/Borax mix. The comparable drug is by Frio Technologies. This has clinical trials ongoing, with success on Gingivitis, and ongoing testing for Thrush. Whereas Providone turns your tongue brown, this mix doesn't.
18. Providone - 6x per day. Started this a week ago. I've seen zero yeast in my mouth for a week. Got the blood-blister effect like the garlic (without being smellY). Seen no yeast in my mouth for a week. 1/2 of the top of my tongue turned dark brown. Seems to be scabbing up and healing. No need for the tongue scraper any more. I think I have a cure, but need more time (wait for the scabs to heal).
A healthy mouth has 600 different bacteria plus fungus's, virus's, protozoa. Perhaps the definition of healthy mouth is flawed. Something is broken in mine. We'll see if I can fix it. Current Regimin is Coconut oil plus Providone(Iodine).
Iodine supposedly kills 90% of bacteria, disolves starches(yeast), and metals. If you are iodine deficient, which I may be(2 billion people are (WHO), this may help. Bacteria and yeast may reproduce quick so doseage may be small, but frequent(ie every couple hours).
I believe I have a cure, but need more time. Will re-post in 1 week or 2.
Boca Raton, Fl
Tucson, Arizona Usa
San Jose, Ca
Los Angeles, Ca