I was diagnosed with HPV in January much to my dismay. I had an abnormal pap, and am scheduled to have my 6 month follow-up pap in less than a week. After a recent surgery, I believe my immune system was depleted and was horrified to find an outbreak of genital warts INSIDE my vagina only. It started when I noticed that sex was unusually painful, and upon more examination, I could feel clusters of them up in my nethers. I went to a free health clinic and they said they could not help me. I read up online as much as I could about the little buggers, and was so discouraged when many informative websites said that they would go away eventually in ONE to TWO years. Thank God for EarthClinic. Thank God for all the other people affected by this unfortunate condition... and their encouraging words and helpful tips. I decided to treat myself with as much ammo as I could get my hands on. My treatments started a little over a week ago and included the following:
1) Apple cider vinegar: I tried the paste that everyone raves about, but having aspirin in my vagaygay was not working for me. So I did a simple douche- about 1 part apple cider vinegar (ORGANIC AND UNFILTERED) to 3 parts water for as long as I could bear it, approximately 30 minutes to an hour every day. Douching supplies can be bought at any drugstore. After the douche, I applied a little bit of castor oil to the warts. I had some warts just on the inside of my vagina, and would stick a ACV-soaked cotton ball there for as long as I could stand. These burned the worst, so I applied a combo of vitamin E and tea tree oil after that treatment.
I also drink 2 tsp of ACV in filtered water per day. Sometimes twice. Very tolerable.
2) Garlic: I bought odorless supplements 1000mg at the drug store and take 6 a day. 2 in the morning, 2 afternoon, 2 before bed.
3) Folic acid: 400 mcg per day (1 tab)
4) Acidophilus: 500 million live cells/day (1 tab). Strengthens immune system
5) Co Q-10: 200 mg per day (1 tab). Powerful antioxidant
6) Diet rich in beta-carotene: Lots of green leafy veggies, carrots
7) Vitamin E oil: Not only for relief after my ACV treaments, but I added 5 drops of it to my food daily (100 IU). It's actually quite tasty.
8) Job's tears: I bought some from a local acupuncturist. A bag of them cost me $6. With these, I boil 1/2 cup of the Job's tears in a pot of boiling water for 45 mins-hour, or until the barley is soft. I let the concoction cool, then drink it. Every day. Some people say to add sugar for taste, but I'm trying to cut back on that. For me, it's do-able as is.
9) Eat healthy, exercise, limit smoking/drinking. NO sex (yes, all this was difficult, but worth it)
Like I said before, I started these treatments a little over a week ago. Upon my last examination, I can HARLY FEEL ANY IN THERE! LOL. I can't believe my fingertips! It's amazing! The ones just inside my vagina are still palpable, but they've definitely shrunk a lot. I can't attribute any ONE treatment to my success, so I will continue taking all my supplements and douching with the ACV. Again, my follow up pap is in just a few days, and I can't wait to share all this with my OB-GYN. When it comes to the point that I can't feel any at all, I will continue with drinking ACV and taking my supps every day. I plan on doing my Job's tears maybe once a week instead of every day. As far as the douche, hopefully it will be unnecessary to do it as often, and especially since i'm very vulnerable to yeast and BV. So I may cut this back to once a month, if at all.
I hope this information helps people, as others have helped me. I will update when I'm sure they're gone. Hopefully this will be soon. Please reply if you have ANY questions/comments. Good luck to you all! Stay positive and BE PERSISTENT!