I was watering my plants and my finger touched a living bumblebee and it stung me and it hurt bad. So I put 4tbs. of apple cider vinegar on it and it worked in a minute!
Apple Cider Vinegar
I was doing some yard work and must have upset a hornets nest. The hornets were swarming around on the ground and I was stung on the leg and on my forearm before I realized what was going on. I was a bit frightened since the last time I was stung by a hornet, many years ago, my arm swelled up a lot and was very itchy so I was afraid of a more severe reaction. I had recently read how ACV worked on so many things, I immediately put ACV on the stings. Within a minute or two, the pain from the stings was gone! The next day there wasn't even a mark where I got stung. Amazing!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar will cure an allergic reaction to many stings by killer bees. An elderly woman who lives alone out in the country told me this story. She had a gentleman fixing fence for her in a pasture when he disturbed a nest of African killer bees. They swarmed him and he ran to his truck and drove to the womans house. He fell out of his truck and drug himself up to her gate and yelled at her to help him. She said by the time she got outside his eyes were rolling back in his head and all he said to her was some bees had stung him . She ran back into her house and got a shotglass of apple cider vinegar and took it out to him. She shook him and told him he had to drink the ACV so he opened his mouth and she poured a small amount in. He refused to drink anymore so she set it by him while she ran in to call 911. She said by the time she went back outside the man was sitting up and had drank the rest of the ACV. By the time the EMT's got there the man was up walking around. They checked him out and said he was fine. The man said he never goes anywhere without a bottle of ACV just in case because it saved his life. He swears by it.
My grandmother and mother always used baking soda and ACV on bee stings. It just boils them out-I too have a planters wart and am cosidering trying this to "oil" it out. Will let you know if it works.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
I was trying to put a wasp outside that had flown into my kitchen (not a believer in killing any wildlife)... unfortunately it stung me through the paper towel as I lifted it from the window. Ouch!! I immediately dunked my finger in apple cider vinegar and baking soda (2 TBLS ACV and a shake of Baking Sod). The pain subsided after about 30 seconds and never returned. FAST REMEDY!
(San Antonio, Tx)
(Boca Raton, Florida, Usa)
Today while mowing by the bee hives, I was stung at least 20 times by my honey bees. Once I was able to get back into the house I quickly took 1 tablet of Turmeric and then grabbed the gallon bottle of Apple cider vinegar (ACV) and gauze pads. I checked all the stings and removed the remaining stingers, then soaked the gauze with the pure ACV and wiped all the stings. I was stung on my face, in my ear, on my arms and back. Within minutes I could feel subsidence of the stings except for a couple, so I also took 30 drops of white willow in water for pain. I began to feel woozy and tingly on my feet so I layed down and concentrated on lowering my heart rate. Within an hour of the stings, there was only some redness on most stings and small pain if I touched the sting sites. No swelling occurred at any of the sites and now I feel just fine. I believe my quick action noted above curbed the potential for a very serious reaction to the stings.
I tried rescuing a big black flying insect from my kitchen screen the other day to put it back outside and managed to get stung on my finger in the process. It was searingly painful. I promptly made a paste of baking soda and water and applied to the area. I was expecting to be in pain for hours but I kid you not, the pain disappeared within two minutes. I kept the paste on for 10 minutes total. Rinsed it off and.... no pain, no redness, and no sign I had ever been stung. Wow! Just had to share. ❤️
My daughter got stung by a bee on the bottom of her foot while playing frisbee while we were away from home over the weekend.
I thought about what I had with me that I could use. I had a headache blend of peppermint, lavender and birch oils in my hip pack so we applied that first.
I had baking soda with me, band aids and unsweet tea from lunch.
I put about 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda on the bandage and used my straw to drop a few drops of tea onto the baking soda to make a paste. My daughter has used a lot of poultices over the years an was notably impressed with how much it helped. She was able to do everything else that day with no pain, including a lot of walking, an outdoor wedding and dancing.
Today, two days later, the sting was bothering her again. We are home with access to all sorts of stuff and she made herself another baking soda poultice.
For under a buck you can keep a box of baking soda in your car to be ready for this and many other little emergencies! (Including heartburn and forgetting your toothbrush/toothpaste - I have used baking soda on a finger to clean my teeth in a pinch.) I love cheap and easily available remedies that WORK!
~Mama to Many~
I set my arm down on a bee this afternoon and was stung (for the first time). I remembered reading about baking soda and bee stings from this site so I mixed baking soda and water together (just enough water to make a nice, thick paste) and put it over the bee sting sight. I held it there by putting a bag over it to keep it from drying out too quickly. It immediately helped to take away the pain and within an hour or so, almost all of the pain was gone. Thanks!
I recently had a bad burn from a lawn mower. I put burn medicine on it, but it didn't put out the fire at all. I read a post on here about baking soda, and decided to try it. I made a thick paste out of baking soda and water and put it all over the burn. It was amazing! The fire went out of the burn IMMEDIATELY. I few days later, my son was stung by a wasp. I made the same paste and put it on his sting and it took the pain away for him. It worked on a four year old who was screaming in pain.
Whenever i get a bee sting, my mom always told me to mix baking soda and water together and put it on my bee sting. I works great! I do it all the time, and the stinger comes right out
Well, I am all about Bentonite Clay today! I have been using it on my daughter's infected finger and last night I used it on my son's wasp sting.
My son was getting in to bed and got stung by a red wasp that had found its way into his covers! The sting was on his foot. Those stings are nasty and usually cause terrible swelling and pain.
I used my no holes barred approach to prevent swelling. Once the swelling sets in it is harder to get it down.
I gave him 2 Benadryl pills and 400 mg of Ibuprofen to prevent inflammation and swelling. I gave him 4 nettle leaf capsules to help with allergic reaction. I put a few drops on frankincense essential oil on his foot while I mixed up the clay. I applied a dollop of clay and a bandage. He woke up with no swelling today.
Sometimes with these types of stings, I have prevented swelling in the first 24 hours but then slack off on remedies and swelling begins to set it. I will be sure to give him nettle again tonight and other remedies if I see any sign of swelling at bedtime.
~Mama to Many~
To stop yellow jacket attraction: "Bounce"sheets as repellents for yellow jackets, pieces tucked into golf shoes, belt and rubbed around ears and neck. It helps but smell is so bad.
We were at a Renaissance Festival far from anywhere civilized...and my 18 month old got stung by a bee. I did not have the requisite first aid kit in the vehicle, so my mother said to put expressed milk on his thumb. Before the application, the thumb was red, hot to the touch, and swollen. Thirty minutes later it was no longer swollen or hot, but it was still red. One hour later it was not even red with the exception of a small dot to show where the sting was.
This afternoon, my 21 year old son called me from work. He had just been stung by a red wasp on his ear lobe. He was getting a charcoal poultice to put on it, but wanted to know what else he should do. (Several years ago he was stung by a red wasp. Even with charcoal poultices, he was stuck on the couch with a swollen arm for days. The charcoal worked, but slowly. As long as he had the poultice, he was not in pain.)
Providentially, I was getting into the car to take other children to piano lessons, very nearby to where he was working. I sped back into the house, grabbed a large, ready made charcoal/flax poultice with plastic wrap out of the refrigerator, a bandana, vitamin c, turmeric and nettle tincture. I dropped off piano students and stopped by his work. His earlobe was red and so was the skin on his head behind his ear.
I got the charcoal poultice centered over the sting and around his ear, covered it with plastic and secured it with a bandana. I told him to take 1,000mg of Vitamin C, 1 turmeric capsule, and 1 teaspoon of nettle tincture every hour. He did that for four hours. When he got home from work, his ear lobe looked fine.
The moral of the story for me is to deal aggressively when dealing with a potentially aggressive situation, within safe bounds of the natural remedies used.
~Mama to Many~