I had fissure & hemorrhoid for about 4 weeks. As one of the contributor on this site said, it felt like I was pooping blades. Horrible pain. By the end of the 4th week I was at the fag end of my hopes for cure. This could have easily been a emergency or surgery situation by prevailing practices. But I firmly believe in natural cures. So I was surfing the web and bumped into this site.
I first thought it was hemorrhoid only. I tried out quite a few treatments mentioned on this site and some other. Didn't work. But from my symptoms, when my doctor friend told me over the phone that I had fissure as well, I searched for fissure treatment on this site. I came across extra virgin organic Olive oil treatment.
Boy it worked wonders for me. I started with oral intake that didn't do much for me. But as I started generously putting it deep inside the rear end with a dropper 3-4 time a day, it gave me immediate relief. The pain started subsiding rapidly. It took about 3 days to cure 80%. And about 7 days to fully recover. I still kept putting it at least once before the bedtime for a few more days so that it didn't recur. In the mean time I had ordered fully ozonated Olive oil. But by the time it arrived from amazon, I was almost cured.
From other mentions here, my guess is any healing oil like, castor or vitamin E should also work. But make sure you keep the anal passage(from deep inside) oiled all the time until it heals.
I am so grateful to the site owner and everyone contributing on this site. I had to share my experience as well for others to benefit. Please keep it up.
Hi! May I share with you an alternative to a olive oil dropper method for anal fissures.
I have been making my own olive oil supposutories using a rounded ice cube tray .. the smallest ones in the middle.
- Fill each one with olive oil and freeze for several hours until solidified.
- Removing them is easiest if it's a bendy tray .. push them out onto a plate and keep in a freezer bag.
I pop one in every night and sometimes after a bowel movement. My fissure has healed and I no longer need stool softeners...the oil does it all!
I find this method easiest and the cool feeling when inserted is wonderful.
Obviously be quick to insert before they melt .. but they go up so easily.. bliss!
Olive Oil Worked for Anal Fissure. Really worked for me! Much better than those steroid cream I used before.
I heard some Muslim bloggers recommend extra virgin olive oil for anal fissures because supposedly in the Muslim Holy Koran book (nope I'm not Muslim), the prophet Mohamed recommended something from the "olive tree" to cure anal fissure. (subject to interpretation, but these bloggers say he meant olive oil).
1) I took 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil before bedtime.
2) Made sure that I chewed food well (especially if meat) instead of just "wolfing" down my food as usual; which I read also causes constipation.
Cured BOTH my constipation and anal fissure! Not only am I cured, but I'm now "regular" in the bathroom every morning with ease!
I've since reduced to 1 tablespoon a day (primarily because of the expense of extra virgin olive oil) and still have no problem in the bathroom...
But for immediate effects if you have a problem now, I'd probably start with a lot (3 to 4 tablespoons at bedtime) since olive oil is probably completely safe anyway (since its a common food and not 'medicine').
I have suffered from anal fissures for 6 years, ever since the birth of my son. I had assumed that the fissures had to due with childbirth but I did not consider that it was caused by a vitamin defficiency during pregnancy. Everything I read about anal fissures, assumed that the person had hard stools to pass but this had never been the case for me. I have always been regular and have not dealt with constipation or hard stools.
Three months ago I saw a naturopath, who said that anal fissures are usually caused by a deficiency in vitamin A or zinc. He asked if I have dry skin or poor night vision (indicating low vit A), to which I reponded "no". Then he had me swish a solution of some sort in my mouth for 30 seconds.... It had no taste to me and he said that if I had proper zinc levels in my body I would have tasted it right away.
So I supplemented with zinc for a month and for the first time in 6 years, I have been fissure free for several months. I am so elated about this and wanted so badly to share my cure. In pregnancy it is common to become deficient in various vitamins and minerals, as the baby uses so much for its growth.
Thanks for this remedy. Olive oil cured both my chronic constipation and chronic fissures. 13 years of suffering gone in 2 days. I followed your advice excatly and I am perfectly fine and pain free, bleeding free. Thanks a bunch. God bless you. :)
Rutin & Psyllium Husk
Tried many different things over 12-18 months, olive oil, creams, drinking more water and dietry changes. None of these worked for me. I had bad fissures to the point where there was quite a lot of blood when it was time to go. Anyways, what worked for me was 500mg of Rutin and 1000mg of psyllium husk. Five greens do a good psyllium husk mixed with dandelion extract. Those two things taken every day and within a week I was all good. Would recommend to anyone as it was a quick fix for me I just had to find what worked for me. A couple months since I started and not a single occurrence since.
Exercise, Sleep, Fiber
Hi all, I was sufferring from fissure for like 3yrs+
Doctors asked me to get operated.
Here is what I did to heal it.. it may not be applicable to all cases..but you can try.
1-walk/run for 30 min daily.
2-have a set routine, sleep properly on time.
3-include fibers, plus followed with light & early dinner.
4-also at the time of passing stool, support ur skin around ur anal hole..so it will not stretch much. If you feel the stool coming hard.. you can press to break it from outside skin of your anal. This sounds gross, , , but worked for me, , , I can't guarantee this trick. Please use with your decision.
Clove, Coconut Oil and Eucalyptus
I have been suffering for 5 months with anal fissures. Very painful during stool movements, also followed by bright red blood when wiping and itchy burny pain afterwards for hours. I tried rash ointment, cortisone creams and vaseline... Nothing worked. Then it became almost impossible to pass a stool it felt as if I was pooping razor blades everytime.
I started applying some clove oil straight on my anus and it was very burny, but brought immediate relief after a few seconds. I then made an easily concocted ointment with a teaspoon of clove mixed in with a table spoon of coconut oil (melted) and a table spoon of eucalyptus ointment (zambuck or cuticura). Once it set as an ointment, I applied it everytime I used the toilet, and made sure I got some inside where the fissures are with my (clean washed) finger.
It is now a week since I started using it and the fissures are almost completely healed. I had a movement just now and only had mild discomfort, with no pain or bleeding. I alternated the ointment and the raw clove oil on the days I had more than one visit to the loo. The morning I would apply my magic ointment and in the afternoon or evening I would apply the clove oil straight out the little bottle, dabbed on my finger and applied directly on and inside where the fissures are.
This remedy cost me very little and it has made me feel really positive about the future. I thought I would share this with people that might have tried EVERYTHING else. This might also work for you, it is all natural and non toxic remedies, so you have nothing to lose by trying. good luck, I hope it works for you too!! Regards, George
I had what I thought was hemorrhoids for about 2 weeks now. Come to find out, I also have anal fissures. I was treating my hemorrhoids with a remedy I found from this site - Apple Cider Vinegar- which did wonders for them (applied externally for 45 min a few times a day). Now, all that I have a problem with are fissures and the apple cider vinegar made them worse. I have 2 fissures one on the side and one at the bottom. It is the worst pain I have ever experienced. I would cry from the pain, would go days without sleep it was unbearable. I found this cream called Calmoseptine and it had a cooling effect which worked to ease the itching. I tried coconut oil as well but the moisture just made the itching worse. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what they can prescribe to help the healing process. What I found that works...
1. Stool softeners- I take 3 Colace in the morning but make sure you eat a little something because they make me somewhat nauseas.
2. Fiber- I ate healthy before so it is easy for me to stick to this diet.. Vegetables like carrots broccoli sweet potatoes and green beans. Also I take 4 fiber gummies a day.
3. Water- If you take or eat a lot of fiber and don't drink enough water, you will just be bloated and gassy and will constipate you even more. I never drink water so this was a hard one for me try to drink at least 50 ounces a day.
4. Flax seed- I mix some flaxseed in some water and put it in a container in the fridge and in the morning I take about a tablespoon of it. Within 20 min I am going to the bathroom. Even though its painful, being regular is important to heal..Constipation is harder on the fissures.
5. Coconut oil- Every time I feel the need to go, I hurry and put coconut oil on the anus (quite a bit) because it is not as painful when it comes out.
6. Warm bath- Before I go to the bathroom, I start filling up the tub (mainly so my family can't hear my painful screams). I use wet wipes after I go to the bathroom, not hemorrhoidal ones as these burn the fissures) and hop into the tub right after. I get immediate relief from the pain I endured. I sometimes take a bath 3 times a day for 30 min. It relieves the itching, burning, and pain.
7. Lastly, there is a cream called Calmoseptine. This helped temporarily for the itchy (my itching was crazy.) Caffeine, sugars, and spicy foods contributed to the itching so try to avoid those foods as well as binding ones like white rice.
8. Benadryl (pill form)- I had many sleepless nights because of my hemorrhoid/fissure duo and lately I started taking Benadryl to sleep. It makes me drowsy enough that I can forget about to constant itching and pain.
I hope these remedies help all of you who are suffering as well because I know exactly what you're going through and nobody should have to live this way. I am a very active person and haven't been able to work out for almost a month now. I hope the doctor tomorrow will prescribe me something to further help the healing process!
Aloe Vera Gel
Where can I find the aloe vera gel? I'm in pain.
This is an update to my previous post. My fissure improved with a better diet and lubrication with oils but it didn't heal fully. Whenever I was constipated it would return.
My long-term cure that has lasted over a year so far with no recurrence was the addition of borax.
Just a daily pinch in a glass of warm water or food is enough. It will kill the Candida that may be keeping an infected abscess under the skin from healing. It's usually this abscess that ruptures when constipated. You can tell you have one by the mild pain you will feel if you press on the anal area. Keep up your protocols but add borax and you'll be amazed. I've even hard quite severe constipation recently and had no sign of my decade-long fissure.
I've also figured out that dehydration and too much fibre in my diet was causing the constipation. Everyone is wrong about fibre in your diet. You don't need it.
The Japanese and Eskimos have very little fibre in their diet but paradoxically have the lowest incidence of bowel ailments in the world.
The thing about anal fissures are that they were a boil that started around the anus, and then bored a hole into the anal canal. If you take a teaspoon of cayenne, sprinkled on your food, and then wait for a BM. Take note if their is mild burning during and after the BM. If there is then the amount is correct (if not up the dose a bit until it burns), and the active cayenne is cleaning out the infection, on the outside use the Virgin coconut oil, as it seems to be more active in that area, and keep the Staph and fungus in check.
Dear Shrishti, A couple of things come to mind... If he is having any constipation at all, this is going to increase his pain and cause more trouble. A diet high in fruits and vegetables, prunes, blackstrap molasses (1 T. twice a day) is important. Dairy products can be constipating and ought to be avoided.
A comfrey salve might heal the fissure. It promotes rapid cell growth and healing. If you had access to comfrey leaves, you could crush the fresh leaves and place one over the fissure for 20 minutes a couple of hours a day.
Manuka honey or raw local honey is also something that is used to heal wounds very successfully.
Honey and comfrey could both be used safely together. If you could get comfrey root powder, you could mix it with the honey and use it like a salve. (Would be messy... but worth it.)
Charcoal poultices have also been used very successfully to heal wounds. Mix 1 part activated charcoal powder, 1 part ground flax seed (optional, but very helpful) in a bowl and add water and slowly stir until it is a gel-like consistency. Place a spoonful into a quarter of a paper towel. (You can make up many at once. ) Fold paper towel over the charcoal. Now the charcoal is surrounded by paper towel. Place the poultice over the fissure. (One layer of towel between fissure and charcoal. Store extra poultices in a baggie in the fridge. They stay good for a couple of weeks. ) Use this for 30 minutes 2-3 times a day or more if you like. It can be used overnight. If the poultice dries out, the charcoal isn't active any more. This may also help the pain. This can be used with the above safely, also. I might even try the charcoal first.
Plantain tea sitz baths, 30 minutes twice a day, is another option.
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is good for the skin and for constipation. 1 T. twice a day, internally, is a good idea.
You could try any or all of the above. So sorry he is suffering like this. Let us know what helps him.
~Mama to Many~
Hey, I want to share a simple and very efficient healing treatment for very painful anal fissures, bleeding hemorrhoids, and chronic old anal fissures with blood and puss coming from inside the anus which doesn't want to heal. Many people will go through unnecessary pain, worries, sleepless nights, and will spend thousands of dollars on surgeries and all kind of expensive treatments with very little results, because that area inside the anus is full of colon bacteria and even antibiotics treatment will not work if the open tear is not kept free of bacteria, it will stay infected with puss for years. Nobody will treat and open wound with fecal matter, and that place is no different. The only fast and efficient treatment that I tried and worked against anal fissures and bleeding hemorrhoids is a saline solution prepared from equal quantities of 2 or 3 teaspoons of table salt and 2 or 3 teaspoons of baking soda dissolved in one quart (1 liter) of boiling water. When the solution will be cooled off use a regular enema bottle filled with 4 ounces or 120 grams of warm solution at the body temperature and use the tip to empties the solution inside the colon, one or two application a day. The body reaction will be to eliminate the solution from inside but during the elimination process the affected area will be cleaned by the solution and will form a protective layer, against colon bacteria, which will start the healing process very rapid. Repeat this treatment for few days any time when you need to eliminate the stool and you should feel the results after the first treatment next day. Also for a few days try to eat one or two apples or oranges or other fruits drink water or soup one or two quarts a day, not too much solid food and no spiced food to keep the stool soft until that area starts to heal. The same warm solution can be used to treat the exterior of the anus after the place was cleaned with warm water and soap, healthy body needs just a little bit of help to start the natural healing process. This simple and clean treatment will work for the majority of people men and women, and I hope the treatment will help many people to heal their problems in that area.
For stubborn chronic anal fissures, after using the saline solution you can fill another enema bottle with betadine solution (1% iodine solution), and deliver a little bit of solution inside the affected area, also you can use proctofoam HC (RX only) and take daily supplements of vitamin A 10,000 IU, vitamin B-complex 100mg, vitamin C 500 mg and Zinc 30 mg until the affected area is healed.
The medication will work better if the area is cleaned with saline solution first.
I tried everything on the remedy page here (and then some) during more than 10 years of recurring anal fissure bleeding and pain. Some remedies worked partially and temporarily and some not at all. Probably the best of those already listed here was botox, but that only worked 90% or so for about a year.
The first thing that has worked perfectly in the long run is fully ozonated olive oil applied to the affected area and further inside. I've been six months without any bleeding or pain even after the occasional constipation/hard stool. The ozonated oil (which is a thick white paste) feels good as it's working, and the fissure site healed up completely within a couple of days and stayed that way. In addition the muscle has relaxed and become much looser. I tried making my own oil with an ozonator, but that took over a week and nearly burned out the motor. I found it easier to buy premade fully ozonated olive oil online. I hope others will find the same total relief I have found.
- Vitamin E Oil Supplements - the most helpful remedy I've found for anal fissures. You can find these at Whole Foods or other health food stores. I can't name the particular brand, but there is one brand that contains high quality vitamin E oil and coconut oil that can be used for either rectal or vaginal use - let me just say that these have been a miracle to speed the healing, and helped heal my fissure within 2 days!
- Witch Hazel - after every bowel movement, make sure to clean the anal area with witch hazel. You can do it inside too like other readers mentioned, just buy a pair of rubber exam gloves to protect your hands and to keep bacteria out of that area. It's really important to keep the area clean to help decrease inflammation and to speed healing. You can buy (can't mention the brand, but it's a hemmorhoid brand) witch hazel wipes in the store, or you can just make some yourself with some witch hazel (try not to buy witch hazel that contains alcohol, ouch! ) and a cotton pad.
- Coconut Oil - see my method for creating coconut oil supplements on the hemmorhoid remedies page. Helps lubricate the area and speed healing.
- Soften bowel movements - if your anal fissues were due to constipation, it is important that you soften your future bowel movements to prevent any further tearing to the tissue during the healing process. You can use an over-the-counter stool softener (NOT laxative) to do this. Also increase your water intake and increase your vegetable/fruit intake.
- Change your position - like other readers have mentioned, changing your position in the bathroom can help relieve some of the strain on the anus. I prop my feet up on a stool to elevate them to bring my body more into a "squatting" position. You can experiment to see which position works better for you. This helps to strain less in the bathroom which means less pain and less damage to the injured area.
- Sitz baths - I take them every hour or so or after bowel movements to decrease pain. You can find epsom salts pretty cheap at the store. I also go in the ocean for the same reason, maybe it's psychological, but I think the salt water helps.
Hope this helps!
MANUKA HONEY UMF + 15 and above for anal fissures
just want to give some back as this site has saved me many times from myriad aches and pain. Caught Covid, got real sick quick as I've underlying co-morbidities. By 2nd day could hardly breathe so began paxlovid. Felt much better breathing by day 3 but suddenly anal fissures presented and I believe I was getting PTSD just from the idea of thinking about going to the bathroom. The pain during and after BMs has few equals in my 51 years. Olive oil helped via a q-tip. But then I also read about manuka honey as the olive oil required 4 Tylenol to help ease the out. After 5 days I began to put Manuka Honey UMF +19 on rectum with Q-tip best I could and in two days all the pain was gone even without Tylenol. By day 3 it is like a bad dream and all back to normal. The Manuka Honey caused some burn but well worth the quick recovery.
UMF +15 and above is medical grade - but do your reading and homework first. Regular manuka honey below UMF +15 may not have the same restorative powers but do your homework. A little extra money for the higher more powerful manuka may save you a world of hurt.
I suffered from an anal fissure for a year and a half. The fix that I found was under hemorrhoids on EC. A ball of cotton soaked with castor oil and inserted onto the fissure at night time just before bed. I was healed in 5 days. Good Luck