Hi, I had a fissure as a result of being constipated and also just having a baby 2 months ago. After a week of suffering, my GP advised to change diet and my dentist advised as well. Within a week, 95% of the pain went away, this is how:
For 2 weeks, eat only fruit, veg and bran, 6-8 glasses of water a day, absolutely no junk food, cakes, biscuits, no meat , fish lamb, no protein as this constipates.
After each BM, soak in chamomile tea bags, 3 tea bags per 2litres of boiled water thats then cooled.
Apply aloe vera gel and wheat germ oil, alternating between the 2 throughout the day.
This helped me so much.
Hey, I want to share a simple and very efficient healing treatment for very painful anal fissures, bleeding hemorrhoids, and chronic old anal fissures with blood and puss coming from inside the anus which doesn't want to heal. Many people will go through unnecessary pain, worries, sleepless nights, and will spend thousands of dollars on surgeries and all kind of expensive treatments with very little results, because that area inside the anus is full of colon bacteria and even antibiotics treatment will not work if the open tear is not kept free of bacteria, it will stay infected with puss for years. Nobody will treat and open wound with fecal matter, and that place is no different. The only fast and efficient treatment that I tried and worked against anal fissures and bleeding hemorrhoids is a saline solution prepared from equal quantities of 2 or 3 teaspoons of table salt and 2 or 3 teaspoons of baking soda dissolved in one quart (1 liter) of boiling water. When the solution will be cooled off use a regular enema bottle filled with 4 ounces or 120 grams of warm solution at the body temperature and use the tip to empties the solution inside the colon, one or two application a day. The body reaction will be to eliminate the solution from inside but during the elimination process the affected area will be cleaned by the solution and will form a protective layer, against colon bacteria, which will start the healing process very rapid. Repeat this treatment for few days any time when you need to eliminate the stool and you should feel the results after the first treatment next day. Also for a few days try to eat one or two apples or oranges or other fruits drink water or soup one or two quarts a day, not too much solid food and no spiced food to keep the stool soft until that area starts to heal. The same warm solution can be used to treat the exterior of the anus after the place was cleaned with warm water and soap, healthy body needs just a little bit of help to start the natural healing process. This simple and clean treatment will work for the majority of people men and women, and I hope the treatment will help many people to heal their problems in that area.
For stubborn chronic anal fissures, after using the saline solution you can fill another enema bottle with betadine solution (1% iodine solution), and deliver a little bit of solution inside the affected area, also you can use proctofoam HC (RX only) and take daily supplements of vitamin A 10,000 IU, vitamin B-complex 100mg, vitamin C 500 mg and Zinc 30 mg until the affected area is healed.
The medication will work better if the area is cleaned with saline solution first.
Epsom Salt sitz bath for Anal Fissures: Put 2 lb. of Epsom salt and mix with 2 inches of warm water. Sit in it for 20 minutes. Repeat daily.
I tried everything on the remedy page here (and then some) during more than 10 years of recurring anal fissure bleeding and pain. Some remedies worked partially and temporarily and some not at all. Probably the best of those already listed here was botox, but that only worked 90% or so for about a year.
The first thing that has worked perfectly in the long run is fully ozonated olive oil applied to the affected area and further inside. I've been six months without any bleeding or pain even after the occasional constipation/hard stool. The ozonated oil (which is a thick white paste) feels good as it's working, and the fissure site healed up completely within a couple of days and stayed that way. In addition the muscle has relaxed and become much looser. I tried making my own oil with an ozonator, but that took over a week and nearly burned out the motor. I found it easier to buy premade fully ozonated olive oil online. I hope others will find the same total relief I have found.
I suffered from the pain of anal fissues for four years, and found that a homeopathy remedy called Aesculus Hippocastanum 30c (aka horse chestnut) resolved this issue. I took 5, 30c pellets for 15 days.. and wala...gone and has never returned. It has been six months. Hope this helps you and it only costs about $12.00...Since horse chestnut has been used in creams for varicose veins, most anal problem are a result of some kind of inflammed vein in this location...It should help internal and external hemorrhoids as well. You have nothing to lose and there are little to no side effects with homeopathy remedies.
I had an anal fissure that kept reapearing and there was sometimes quite bad. I took MSM and horse chestnut homeopathic remedy, and it was healed in several days. I was also taking fish oil and cod liver oil. I reccomend giving this a try. It worked wonders for me. thanks
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Uk.
Anal Fissures: Man, these are painful! I had no idea. It was extremely uncomfortable to sit or walk for a week or two. I tried lots of things. MSM, B6, horse chestnut and sitz baths are some I would definitely recommend. But what really sped up the healing process for me was making a paste consisting of manuka honey, turmeric and golden seal (I bought these in capsules and emptied them out). There isn't an exact ratio to the mixture, just make it thick enough to stay put. I applied this twice a day or as often as needed (after showers, bathroom etc... ) It really worked. Also, eating mostly raw foods and drinking lots of water are essential to healing. Keep that ph up. Hope this helps.
Take mineral oil. Cure constipation, encopresis, impacted stools, etc. When worst few times of constipation or encopresis are finished, change to cod liver oil or olive oil for continued feeding and healing of intestines, sphyncter, rectum, and stomach.
Ailment: Laxatives force stool expulsion by irritating the bowels. If stools are hard, impacted, if rectal fissures exist internally, at rectal opening, hemmorhoids, etc. - pain and possible damage occurs from laxatives forcing stools out with no regard to existing damage. Our child's bowels became impacted due to prior medical issues. Doctor prescribed pediatric enemas and laxatives. All caused horrific pain, fissures, even hemmoroids, etc. We stopped them immediately when pharmacist told us laxatives were causing worsening conditions. Doctor then referred us to psychologists who diagnosed either "stubborn-child behavior" and prescribed spanking (imagine child's bottom that is withholding 2 1/2 weeks already!), or put child through "colostomy surgery for everyone's convenience", and even putting our child on "a schedule of 5 anti-psychotic drugs to cure stress". We ignored them all, searched online holistic cures, found ailment-related mineral oil cure info. Doctor did NOT want to prescribe mineral oil or cod liver oil - gave no reason.
Cure: Mineral oil is tasteless, odorless, colorless. Regularly available without rx at drug store and at grocery store. It softens stools, lubricates bowel walls for smooth passing, NOT pain at all. Oil helps heal internal fissures or external hemmorhoids. Take as is, or stirred into porridge, or mixed in blender 40 seconds with favorite beverage (smooth like a milkshake). Drink a tablespoonful of mineral oil after food (a meal), or take it with a few crackers, wash it down with a beverage. Being odorless, colorless and tasteless mixes in food easy (cod liver or olive oil have hard-to-swallow strong flavors; cod liver oil is available in cherry flavor now). Works especially well where artificial sweetener's breakdown into methanol/fermaldehyde have ruined your intestinal wall's filli, or for those needing acidopholus milk. Coats insides, helps protect and heal. Distended (stretched) intestines or colon will regain elasticity and normal size quicker.
Dose: Normal daily dose is 1 tablespoonful 8 hours before anticipated bathroom use. Lubricates bowels to pass stools softened - NO discomfort, NO diahhrea. Extreme impacted, constipated, weak bowels, use 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds of adult body weight (3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon). Children dose 1 tablespoon (not teaspoon) per 10 pounds body weight. Then stay close to home - have bathroom, change of clothes ready just in case - anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours. Stools will be very softened, passing through very lubricated intestines (oil calms sphyncter and rectum also). Since there's NO diahhrea-style rush or nausea, pre-prepare your bathroom in case you don't "feel" your body's need to BM- it might be sudden.
After, drink water or a mild beverage to relax any emptiness feelings after releasing constipation blockage.
Doctor later said mineral oil cure was fastest, healthiest, emotionally safest cure she'd seen.
Prince George, Bc Canada
I had what I thought was hemorrhoids for about 2 weeks now. Come to find out, I also have anal fissures. I was treating my hemorrhoids with a remedy I found from this site - Apple Cider Vinegar- which did wonders for them (applied externally for 45 min a few times a day). Now, all that I have a problem with are fissures and the apple cider vinegar made them worse. I have 2 fissures one on the side and one at the bottom. It is the worst pain I have ever experienced. I would cry from the pain, would go days without sleep it was unbearable. I found this cream called Calmoseptine and it had a cooling effect which worked to ease the itching. I tried coconut oil as well but the moisture just made the itching worse. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see what they can prescribe to help the healing process. What I found that works...
1. Stool softeners- I take 3 Colace in the morning but make sure you eat a little something because they make me somewhat nauseas.
2. Fiber- I ate healthy before so it is easy for me to stick to this diet.. Vegetables like carrots broccoli sweet potatoes and green beans. Also I take 4 fiber gummies a day.
3. Water- If you take or eat a lot of fiber and don't drink enough water, you will just be bloated and gassy and will constipate you even more. I never drink water so this was a hard one for me try to drink at least 50 ounces a day.
4. Flax seed- I mix some flaxseed in some water and put it in a container in the fridge and in the morning I take about a tablespoon of it. Within 20 min I am going to the bathroom. Even though its painful, being regular is important to heal..Constipation is harder on the fissures.
5. Coconut oil- Every time I feel the need to go, I hurry and put coconut oil on the anus (quite a bit) because it is not as painful when it comes out.
6. Warm bath- Before I go to the bathroom, I start filling up the tub (mainly so my family can't hear my painful screams). I use wet wipes after I go to the bathroom, not hemorrhoidal ones as these burn the fissures) and hop into the tub right after. I get immediate relief from the pain I endured. I sometimes take a bath 3 times a day for 30 min. It relieves the itching, burning, and pain.
7. Lastly, there is a cream called Calmoseptine. This helped temporarily for the itchy (my itching was crazy.) Caffeine, sugars, and spicy foods contributed to the itching so try to avoid those foods as well as binding ones like white rice.
8. Benadryl (pill form)- I had many sleepless nights because of my hemorrhoid/fissure duo and lately I started taking Benadryl to sleep. It makes me drowsy enough that I can forget about to constant itching and pain.
I hope these remedies help all of you who are suffering as well because I know exactly what you're going through and nobody should have to live this way. I am a very active person and haven't been able to work out for almost a month now. I hope the doctor tomorrow will prescribe me something to further help the healing process!
I have acid reflux for which I had been over using OTC anti-acids. I believe that this caused a disruption of the ph in my intestinal track. The result was one or two days of hard stool BMs followed by burning diarrhea and rectal soreness and possibly a tear.
I quickly consulted EC and found the following combination worked for me:
1. Increase your fiber content and water intake to keep stools naturally softer. I ate a high fiber bread, crackers, fruits, vegetables, ground flax seed in yogurt, and EVCO.
2. I made my own EVCO suppositories with a drop of tea tree oil. I used the tin foil "shells" of commercial suppositories, filled them with the coconut and tea tree oil, closed them and placed them in the fridge. I used these after every bowel movement and before bedtime (use a panty liner to prevent staining.)
3. I also bought cotton gauze pads and circles (the kind you use for makeup removal). Make sure it is 100% cotton. Limit your use of paper because the anal tissues are already irritated. I sprinkled the gauze with alcohol-free witch hazel with aloe (I like Wagners) to cleanse the area after every BM. Then I placed more witch hazel on a cotton circle, folded it in half and used it as a "tuck" and left it in for at least a 1/2 hour. After you remove it use more EVCO as a moisturizer.
4. I took sitz baths at least three times a day for twenty minutes each at first. Keep replacing the water with warm water. Then at least once a day until the trobbing stopped.
5. I bought a good quality "donut" pillow. I alternated sitting and walking/standing.
6. At night I slept on my side with a slim pillow between my knees.
It took about three weeks until I felt "healed. " The main thing to remember is to balance your system in terms of ph and fiber so that you don't continually re-injure yourself. Use a homemade suppository before BMs.
I have also stopped taking antiacids and switched to a mixture of 2 tbs. ACV (the one with the "mother") and fresh lemon juice in a tall glass of water for my acid reflux.
After suffering from fissures for almost 6 months, I was desperate for a cure. I was seriously considering surgery but was able to avoid that with the help of multiple things. I will list them here:
1. If you have the urge to go, don't stop it - just GO
2. Sitz baths really helped in pain relief. Atleast twice a day is a must (more if possible)
3. Keep the rectum area well lubricated all the time. I tried multiple things but what helped me most was Ghee(Rarified butter). This is a very common product in Indian cuisine. I ate one tablespoon of ghee (sometimes more) everyday and also applied it externally two-three times a day. Also make sure to apply it before a bowel motion. Trust me, it works like a miracle on the pain.
4. Incorporated more fiber in the diet. I like Fiber One original cereal (1 serving has 57% of daily fiber requirement). Some foods I swear by are: cabbage, brocolli, sweet potato, apples, pears, papaya and mango.
5. I took botox injections in the rectal area. This is not very known in the US but is apparantly quite common in Australia. They help relax the rectal muscles and restore blood flow to the region which helps in healing of fissures. Ask your doctor about it. It took me about 2 weeks before I started noticing a reduction in pain.
6. I also take vitamin D supplements. Avoid acidic foods. Eat well and enough so that it is easier to have a bowel motion. Sleep is a great healer.
All the Best! Have faith - this is not a severe condition but yes, the pain is severe. It does get better, it does heal!
- Vitamin E Oil Supplements - the most helpful remedy I've found for anal fissures. You can find these at Whole Foods or other health food stores. I can't name the particular brand, but there is one brand that contains high quality vitamin E oil and coconut oil that can be used for either rectal or vaginal use - let me just say that these have been a miracle to speed the healing, and helped heal my fissure within 2 days!
- Witch Hazel - after every bowel movement, make sure to clean the anal area with witch hazel. You can do it inside too like other readers mentioned, just buy a pair of rubber exam gloves to protect your hands and to keep bacteria out of that area. It's really important to keep the area clean to help decrease inflammation and to speed healing. You can buy (can't mention the brand, but it's a hemmorhoid brand) witch hazel wipes in the store, or you can just make some yourself with some witch hazel (try not to buy witch hazel that contains alcohol, ouch! ) and a cotton pad.
- Coconut Oil - see my method for creating coconut oil supplements on the hemmorhoid remedies page. Helps lubricate the area and speed healing.
- Soften bowel movements - if your anal fissues were due to constipation, it is important that you soften your future bowel movements to prevent any further tearing to the tissue during the healing process. You can use an over-the-counter stool softener (NOT laxative) to do this. Also increase your water intake and increase your vegetable/fruit intake.
- Change your position - like other readers have mentioned, changing your position in the bathroom can help relieve some of the strain on the anus. I prop my feet up on a stool to elevate them to bring my body more into a "squatting" position. You can experiment to see which position works better for you. This helps to strain less in the bathroom which means less pain and less damage to the injured area.
- Sitz baths - I take them every hour or so or after bowel movements to decrease pain. You can find epsom salts pretty cheap at the store. I also go in the ocean for the same reason, maybe it's psychological, but I think the salt water helps.
Hope this helps!
I have successfully tried this combination for a fissure and hems. In a small jar of about 50 ml mix 2 or 3 of these oils: sesame, olive, avocado, wheat germ oil or almond. Sesame is the best but the others are also great. Then add all or any of these essential oils about 10 drops each: peppermint (or spearmint), cypress and tea tree. Apply 3 to 4 times a day when bad and less later: before and after every BM, after showering and before going to bed. Application is by dipping the middle finger in the jar and sliding about 3 cms (1 inch) up the anus and applying externally around the hole. Do this 2 to 3 times. Never double dip (ie replace your dirty finger into the jar). This is difficult even unpleasant (I do understand), but it does work. It works very, very well. Good for hems and fissures. Basically you are lubricating the area for easier BMs and applying a good dose of vitamins and ant-bacterials where they are needed.
Soothe your anal fissure or soreness internally by eating okra cooked in a little water. Eat a half cup per meal. In a very short time you have these lubricated pellets inside you which help your movements slip out easily.It seems to heal your system on the inside.
I also put aloe gel (from any drugstore) onto a q-tip and gently apply it on the external area and internally a bit too. In the event of itchiness, dab some dilute vinegar in the area, or apply 'a and d' ointment with a q-tip. Very relieving.
I had fissure & hemorrhoid for about 4 weeks. As one of the contributor on this site said, it felt like I was pooping blades. Horrible pain. By the end of the 4th week I was at the fag end of my hopes for cure. This could have easily been a emergency or surgery situation by prevailing practices. But I firmly believe in natural cures. So I was surfing the web and bumped into this site.
I first thought it was hemorrhoid only. I tried out quite a few treatments mentioned on this site and some other. Didn't work. But from my symptoms, when my doctor friend told me over the phone that I had fissure as well, I searched for fissure treatment on this site. I came across extra virgin organic Olive oil treatment.
Boy it worked wonders for me. I started with oral intake that didn't do much for me. But as I started generously putting it deep inside the rear end with a dropper 3-4 time a day, it gave me immediate relief. The pain started subsiding rapidly. It took about 3 days to cure 80%. And about 7 days to fully recover. I still kept putting it at least once before the bedtime for a few more days so that it didn't recur. In the mean time I had ordered fully ozonated Olive oil. But by the time it arrived from amazon, I was almost cured.
From other mentions here, my guess is any healing oil like, castor or vitamin E should also work. But make sure you keep the anal passage(from deep inside) oiled all the time until it heals.
I am so grateful to the site owner and everyone contributing on this site. I had to share my experience as well for others to benefit. Please keep it up.