Table of Contents
- QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- POPULAR REMEDIES
- ACV and Hydrogen Peroxide
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Biting and Crawling Mites
- Bleach in Bath Water
- Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide
- Borax, Tea Tree Oil, H2O2, Vitamin E
- Brewer's Yeast
- Coconut Oil, Tomato Juice
- Colloidal Silver and Coconut Oil
- Denatured Alcohol
- Diagnosing Mites
- Diatomaceous Earth, Peppermint and Oregano Oils
- Disinfectant, Hair Dryer
- Dry Mustard
- Essential Oils
- General Feedback
- Hair Dryer
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Hydrogen Peroxide, Borax
- Hydrogen Peroxide, Coconut Oil
- Iodine, Oregano, Hibiclens
- Ionic Silver and Vaseline
- Jan's Recipe
- Lamp Oil, Borax
- Lemon Juice in Shampoo
- Lemon Oil
- Listerine, Eliminate Sugar
- Mite Infestation Bath Remedies
- Multiple Remedies
- Mustard Powder
- Neem Oil
- Oregano Oil
- Over the Counter
- Preventing Reinfestation of Mites
- Quassia Wood Chips
- Remedies Needed
- Skin Scraping Test
- Steam and Vacuum
- Tea Tree Oil
- Ted's Remedies
- Ted's Remedies Reader Feedback
- Walking Dandruff Remedies
- Yogurt With Cinnamon
|BETTER BUT NOT CURED (4)||24%|
Combine 2 tsp Tea Tree Oil, 4 tbs Coconut Oil and 4 tsp Neem Oil together in a bottle where you will have about four days treatment ready. After showering, apply from head to toe and allow to sit over night or even longer. Shower before each treatment and try to leave in for 14 hours or more while touching up areas that may have biting activity.
Very important: Steam clean your bed twice a day. Before going to bed and upon waking up. Clothing should be washed and dry on high heat everyday. Steam clean bathroom, shower, door handles. Steam cleaners are cheap and worth every penny.
[YEA] When I was working in a southern state 10 years ago, I got bird mites on my skin and it took a couple years to get them off my body because I had no idea what was happening to me and what to do about it. I thought that I would never again get these terrible mites on me!
Late last fall, our outside cat brought a dead pigeon into the one area of the house where he was allowed, which was separated by a screen door leading into our living quarters. Our indoor cat liked the outside cat and would sit near the bottom screen of the door on the other side watching him. She was not allowed in the same room with our outside cat. I wrapped the pigeon into the rug and discarded it into a large white garbage bag outside. We found a new home for our outside cat before winter set in late last fall.
Then, late last year, our indoor cat started running around the house, biting and pulling fur out of her skin. She would do this early mornings and late nights. I suspected mites, but was not absolutely sure. I also started to allow her to sit on my lap, which was not wise. When she expelled soft vomit with many tiny eggs in it, during the month of February, I suspected mites--probably got them from our outside cat since she sat at the screen door when he was in the mud room watching him. We took her to the vet but forgot the stool specimen and the vet treated her for tapeworms. But we watched her stools after that treatment and she did not expell tapeworms. We were told that cats do not get mites in this dry climate. How wrong they are! My doctor told me that I had scabies and I told him I did not have scabies because if I had scabies, why were they also in my head, my eyes, my ears, my nose and my mouth?
The next week, guess what? I got all this movement in my back and knew, without a doubt, that I had bird mites again. To make a long story short, I have had to deal with this situation for almost three months. I've tried many things, but I will share here what has been working for me in the last week to the point I feel almost free of them and believe that if I prevail, they will be gone soon!
1. We purchased a fogger on the internet with a gallon of cedar oil and fogged our cars and our home more than once. This product really killed them dead!
2. I purchased sulfur and added one t. To 4 ounces of Vaseoline Intensive Lotion for dry skin. It helped eliminate many of the mites, but I use only occasionally now because it dries my skin out badly.
3. Starting this past Sunday, I have taken a sauna every day and will continue the saunas for another two weeks. I take a 20-30 minute sauna, temperature 160-180 degrees. Then I rest outside the sauna for 20-30 minutes, drinking water, and taking a cool shower. I go back into the shower after the 20-30 minutes outside of it and go again for another 20-30 minutes. I feel like I no longer have the mites in my skin, and the sauna has greatly strengthened my immune system.
5. I realized since this came on me in February, that my body probably was acidic due to my faulty lifestyle. I started to walk daily in the sunshine and fresh air, got my 7-8 hours of sleep per night (I will explain how I finally was able to sleep peacefully. ), and started increasing my food intake to an alkaline diet. Now my pH is averaging 7. 3 and higher any time I take it throughout the day.
4. The reason I was having problems sleeping was because I worried that they would bite me all over my body and I'd have more eggs to deal with. Then I purchased some diatomaccous earth from a company that uses. 5 percent silica in their DE. I used it as powder, carefully putting it on my body every night in the tub that has sliding glass doors. It makes less of a mess doing it this way. Before I go into the shower, I put down paper towels the full length of the tub. Then I step into the tub, leaving my thongs on the outside of it. I use a large cinnamon container with holes on the top and when I turn it over in my hand to get the "powder" out, I cup the container in my hand and shake my hand, not the container, to avoid the powder going into the air. Then I start at my feet and carefully hand powder from feet up, of course, tipping the powder container over and over. I put it on my scalp and put a shower cap on my head. I should mention that I use Jan's (I believe her name is Jan) mixture with 2 oz. Coconut oil, 2 oz. Collodial silver (minimum 50 ppm) but mine is 250 ppm, so I use one ounce of my collodial silver and one ounce of water, making it 125 ppm, 1 oz. Red liquid liniment, 1/2 vitamin E oil, 1/2 t. Of MSM and 1/2t of clove oil which is mixed up in an 8 ounce container. I put this all over my body and let it soak into my skin before adding diatomaccous earth each evening. This leaves my skin soft and not dry in the morning when I shower after having used the diatomaccous earth the night before. I re-oil my skin with Jan's Remedy after showering in the morning. The neat thing about using the diatomaccous earth is that I take this powder container to bed with me and when I feel one crawling somewhere on my body, I put a little in my hand and place it on top of where I felt the movement--the movement ends. Most of the time I do nothing, I feel them and suddenly I do not feel them--they are dead! I don't know if DE should be used this way, but it works for me. This is food grade DE with. 5% silica which makes it safe for breathing. I still wear a mask to protect my lungs, but there is very little in the air using the bathtub with sliding doors like I do.
If I could find something else other than the use of DE to cover my body at night while I sleep peacefully--and I do sleep peacefully and there are no added bites anywhere on my body in the morning--I would use it. But I have not found anything yet.
I am going to try mustard when my mustard order arrives in a few days. Tomorrow I am going to make a spray with peroxide, borax in a 8 oz. Garden sprayer, adding one tablespoon of Milk of Magnesia since the Milk of M. Is highly alkaline to see if this helps as I read on earthclinic. com 07/16/10 by Bill from San Fernando.
I hope some of this will help someone else out there. I find this situation very discouraging, but now I am highly hopeful because the saunas has especially helped rid my body of them.