Posted by Naturalgal (Bronx, Ny) on 08/12/2015
I have cured myself of mites! I could NOT believe the sudden increase in the creepy crawling like sensation I felt just a few evenings ago. I have been feeling these mild sensations for a while now and never thought it was something abnormal. Who knew? That was until one night I was going to sleep and felt a surge of tingling all over my legs! It did not hurt nor keep me from sleeping because I was exhausted, but I knew that it wasn't normal. It felt like bugs where "peak-a-booing" in and out of my pores. I read everything I could about the sensation and determined it was mites!!
-I have had a rash on neck that just would not go away (in part because I wasn't following through when things were working). ACV burned because I was scratching, Sulfur mask - I slacked using it, tea tree with Vitamin E smell was annoying me All three got me result though. But Like I said I should've kept up with one regimen.
So this is what I did........
1. I woke up went to the store for new hepa filter and alcohol (90%), and apple cider vinegar, borax wasn't available nearby. I showered, sprayed myself everywhere with ACV and put on clean clothes fresh out the dryer.
2. I called a cleaning company to do the cleaning with me and cleaned everything in home from top to bottom (even the ceilings with a vacuum cleaner), while the workers wore janitor like suits. While they cleaned I put everything already clean in the dryer for 20 min. My dryer is incredibly hot. Drawer by drawer to make it easier to put back. Only my hands touched the clothes out of the dryer. The inside of the drawers were cleaned and sprayed with alcohol.
3. EVERYTHING was sprayed with 90% alcohol with a few drops of eucalyptus to cut the smell. Rugs, walls, mattresses, gym equipment, you name...it got sprayed. What couldn't be sprayed was wiped down and cleaned with HOT water, dried and then sprayed. Every removable fabric was washed in hot water then dried by high heat.
4. Feeling confident I killed them all I showered, sprayed myself with ACV and went to bed. To my horror I still felt the suckers on my legs but definitely not as much. I recall thinking why can't salt kill these buggers? So I got up and dissolved fine sea salt in water (more salt than water) & added ACV and poured it all over my body, air dried and went to bed with loose cloths on to keep the salt on my skin. I woke up feeling great. I still felt some peak-a-booing though.
I did another ACV salt solution, air dried and put on my clothes and went about my day. Still I felt them. I also felt like I stirred them up. Good cause I was was relentless.
I eliminated them from my environment. Really minimized them because we co-exist with them. :| I spray alcohol every where especially my bed, leaving bed unmade to air out.
5. Know to eradicate the nuisances off my skin. With skin lathered with sulfur soap I apricot scrubbed every square inch of me and pumiced my hand, feet and elbows. My goal is to starve them by not giving them any food, that is getting rid of dead skin as much as possible.
6. Twice a day: I pat-dried my skin and poured this mixture over my skin: 1 cup ACV, 1 cup dissolved (mostly) sea salt and 1/4 ground cloves. It is working. I used this mixture twice a day and clearly it is working. I do not feel that tingly peek-a-boo sensation. I just wear loose clothes to minimize sweat. (summer in NYC).
Now what seemed to happen is I forgot about my feet because I never felt them here. So I am guessing I drove them from one part of my body to another. SOLUTION... Ground cloves in my socks. Viola!!!!!!! As for the rash?? I use ground cloves in vaseline. I know that I killed these buggers burrowing in that rash because I felt it give me a spasm in a nerve on my neck! Yep, weird but the rash is dried up and does not itch at all. Leave the ground cloves and sea salt on your sheets while your gone for the day. Even sleep with as much as you can stand on and below your sheets. Sprinkle carpets with clovers and salt periodically and vacuum later.
This is my recipe and I am keeping up with it until long after its all gone. I have no idea how long their eggs take to hatch but I figured it is worth maintaining the regimen for a few weeks to get the entire life cycle. I also take ACV 3 times a day and am sprinkling clove in my lotion. Hahaha the buggers are going insane.
Good luck and thanks to all who shared their experiences. I learned a lot and came up with my recipe for killing mites.
Update January 25, 2016:
Original problem STILL GONE!!! No pee-a-booing. NOTHING present.
The heavy sea salt (above and below the sheets) and ground clove (above the sheets only) and sleeping with this for a few days really did the trick. It makes sense to me to sprinkle sea salt on the mattress and surrounding flooring/carpet. It "kills" bugs period. Sulfur shampoo as a lathery soap actually leave your skill feeling superiorly cleaned. I continue to use it, just not daily as of December 1, 2015. Ground clove as a body scrub is also nice a using sugar or sand for spa-ing types. I hope this helps someone else.
I also drink ACV as a daily tonic A shot in warm water taste like warm apple juice. Twice daily.