In May, 2009, my mother died in the hospice ward of a decrepit hospital that allows and encourages wild animals into its grounds right up to the building itself.
When they returned her clothing, I found three neatly-folded hospital blankets at the bottom of the bag. They were caked with mud, animal droppings, bloodstains, and unknown debris.
From that bag, my home was infested with bedbugs and permethrin-resistant fleas, and I was infested with scabies. For almost a year, two pest control companies couldn't eliminate the fleas. I finally imported diatomaceous earth from the US and they all died in four days.
The scabies were also permethrin-resistant (Lyclear Dermal Cream and Derbac M all failed) so I tried Kleen Green. Inside a month I was clear.
But I was left with incessant tickles, "stinging, " and crawling sensations, as well as a little itching.
Two dermatologists and a psychiatrist diagnosed delusional parasitosis. None followed the protocols for making such a diagnosis, none would examine my photographic images, and I was given anti-psychotic injections (Risperidone) for a year without my knowledge or informed consent and instructed to ignore the sensations as they were just "transient itches."
For the full horror story, as well as many images of insects in hair follicles and sebaceous plugs, damaged and discoloured skin, please visit my website:
Thanks to a kind commenter on my site, I found Earth Clinic and all these possible remedies from kind and helpful people.
Thanks to the ludicrous delusional diagnosis, these insects have now had two and half years to spread over my entire body, from scalp to soles of feet. The only areas they haven't populated are the palms of my hands and my penis. I even have them in my anus, up my nostrils, and in my ear canals. My skin everywhere is dry, flakey, and itching has increased. Life is hell.
I've been drinking unpasteurised ACV "with mother" for over a month (three tablespoons in warm water taken with food three times daily) and have noticed only a very slight improvement.
I also take two heaped tablespoons of food-grade diatomaceous earth in a half-pint of water at about 7:30 each evening.
I shave my head and face every night before bed with shaving oil, then apply a moisturiser with aloe vera.
I was about to start spraying my body with a 50/50 dilution of the ACV when I found Ted's internal borax and baking soda remedy. I'm about to go mix up my first batch now but I'm a bit confused.
1. How do you measure 1/4 of a teaspoon?
2. Another post here mentions adding a capful of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the water as well. Ted doesn't say to do this, so is it correct?
3. Ted's remedy on the Rosacea thread only mentions adding borax to the water - no baking soda. Why the difference?
4. In Ted's external borax remedy, he mentions using a "borax saturated solution" (what's that?) with 1% hydrogen peroxide but doesn't say what proportions of each to use. Anyone know the answer to this?
5. I'm 60 years old, osteoporotic, and partially disabled due to a spinal injury so there are parts of my body I can't reach. Consequently, I have to use a spray bottle or a long-handled applicator for my back. How important is it to massage this mixture into the skin? And how often should this external treatment be done?
Well, that's it for the moment. Thank you for your time, attention, and patience. I wish you all the very best of luck with these demons. And if you want to see the images the dermatologists turned their backs on, please check out my site.