Posted by Jeff (Mckinney, Texas, United States) on 06/10/2011
This site is great. Special thanks to Ted and Bill for all the first-hand information. I have been reading it non-stop since stumbling upon it. I apologize for the length of this, please bear with me.
Here's how I got here: A few years ago I read a book about fungus and all its effects -- the author contributed pretty much everything to fungi and/or mycotoxins including cancer. The reason I purchased this book was due to the following reasons:
1) I was exhausted during my day -- I needed 5 hour Energy shots to keep from falling asleep. This was typically after a meal, so I started thinking I had a major sensitivity to sugar. I was a typicaly SAD (Standard Amercian Diet) guy who loves bread, sugar, and all things meaty. Never really had any of the other symptoms of Candida so don't think that was the cause.
2) I developed a fungus on my torso and in the folds of my elbows. I couldn't get rid of it except to go to the Doc and get Fluconazole. He gave me 4 pills to take 1/week for 4 weeks. I took 2 which got rid of the fungus and then kept the other 2 which a year later I needed to use again to get rid of it. It came back about 4 months ago.
3) I also developed a toenail fungus. I lost my toenail due to soccer and the new one came in clean but I'm determined to keep it that way.
4) About 3 months ago I went to the dentist for a cleaning. He said I had bone loss and my gums were receding and asked me if I was diabetic. I'm not. I'm in my 40's, over 6' tall and weigh about 200 lbs. (I've since figured out that this is definitely due to Acidosis and having constant acid conditions in my mouth.)
5) Mild digestive issues. Consistent diarrhea, food induced. Let me put it this way, I never really have quiet time in the bathroom -- lots of courtesy flushes are necessary and it was rare to have just a normal 'ol BM. Have noticed recently color tends to be on the lighter brown side indicating not enough bile.
So, going from there I deduced that if fungus is a potential cause of cancer they must thrive in the same type of environment. Indeed they do, they both love acid environments. Armed with information on what a healthy pH is I purchased some strips and started testing. My first test: Saliva = 6.2; Urine = 5.8. That night I took a teaspoon of Baking Soda in a glass of water. I burped several times and went to bed. I didn't sleep well that night, mostly due to feeling some energy and the crazy gas. I woke the next morning and felt better with more energy than I've had in months if not years. A side effect -- it gave me the worst case of gas that I've experienced in a long time -- this lasted for the next few days (I repeated the evening BS in water) but tapered off. QUESTION 1: Any ideas what was going on in my system? I would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced the same.
Next morning my pH was Saliva = 7; Urine = 7.4
So, here I am a week later -- I've read through most of this site and here's what I've implemented thus far. Replaced a lot of my grooming products with natural versions to cut out some pollutants: toothpaste, shampoo, shaving cream, and deodorant. I've only modified my diet slightly -- cutting back a little on bread and sugar. I'm a huge water drinker naturally and don't drink any coffee but was also a huge black tea drinker with Sweet&Low(Saccharin). I've cut out most of the black tea, all of the Sweet&Low. I take the BS with water at night time every now and then if I feel my pH is edging upward. I squeeze lemons in my water at every meal. I purchased or already had: ACV, BSM, EVCO, Sesame Oil, Himalayan Crystal Salt, powdered Vit C, Borax, Vit D3, Lugol's 5%, and a few detox items like Chlorophyll pills. I did buy the right kind of Milk of Magnesia and some carbonated water -- and am planning on making Mag Water and mixing in some Borax (QUESTION 2 -- is this the best way to start with Magnesium supplementation?)
My current routine:
I started OPing in the morning starting with Sesame Oil b/c I thought with EVCO I might get some Herxheimers. Did that 2 days, and did EVCO today for the first time. No adverse reactions whatsoever -- just noticed by the end of the day my skin is a little oily. Also have been ingesting 1 tbsp of EVCO in the evening each day for the last couple of days.
After Oping, rinsing, and brushing my teeth I've been drinking a small glass of Vanilla Coconut Milk with 1 tbsp of BSM mixed in -- yum! I then eat a banana or a breakfast bar on my way into work. During the day I've tried 1/2 squeezed lemon BS in a half glass of water a couple of times and noticed my pH didn't really move all that much. The last day I've been using ACV BS with some honey (I like this) and noticed my pH has definitely gone alkaline for my Urine -- it's 7. 8. My saliva remains right around 6. 8 though.
I haven't implemented Borax or Lugol's yet b/c I just got those. I haven't been taking the VitC (other than putting it in the honey), D3, or any of the detox support supplements yet either. Not quite sure how to implement all of this into my daily routine -- when to take what. I know I can do a couple of drops of Lugol's in a glass of water in the morning (QUESTION 3: need to be on an empty stomach?)
QUESTION 4: based on the information above and your experiences/expertise should I go through a cleansing routine? Hulda Clark said to do a parasite cleanse (preferably with a zapper -- QUESTION 5: does this really work?), then a Kidney cleanse, followed by a Liver cleanse. Obviously I don't want to do anything that will be taxing on my system if it's uneccessary but I want my system operating on all cylinders.
QUESTION 6: any advice on the order of the cleansing routine? Or if I should do some sort of heavy metal detox prior to instituting a cleanse? Is there a way to know you need to detox from metals or anything else? Any advice on the most efficient way to do a heavy metal detox and what to look for to know it's working?
Thanks for your patience and your help. You guys rock!