I wanted to share another garlic ointment recipe that works great and only takes “5 minutes” to make! This recipe for this garlic ointment is taken from the book “Be Your Own Doctor” by Rachel Weaver M.H. I've been using this on people with covid19 lungs (you know that cough all post-covid patients have but the hospital says they are testing negitive for active covid) along with other internal natural remedies. They tell me that it sure does stink be works in a few days.
Previous article Garlic Salve for Pneumonia EC https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/pneumonia.html#gs
It is used for Arthritic joints, Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Coughs, Colds, Ear Infections, Sinus infections, Skin infections.
Why would you want to put garlic on your body? Garlic is a natural immune booster/anti-microbial and works to rid the body of viruses, fungus, parasites and bacteria. The garlic juice is quickly absorbed through the skin and starts going to work “immediately”. This rub smells like garlic and so will you. It can be used on small children to the elderly.
Louis Pasteur 1858 (the father of pasteurization), the well known microbiologist, reported that 1mm of garlic juice killed bacteria and he maintained it was effective even against some bacteria resistant to other factors. It was later discovered that one raw crushed clove of garlic contains the antibiotic equivalent of 100,000 units of penicillin and has been proven to be more effective than both penicillin and tetracycline in suppressing certain types of disease carrying agents.
Researchers at Washington State University have found that the compounds in garlic are 100 times more effective than two popular antibiotics at fighting the Campylobacter bacterium, one of the most common causes of intestinal illness. Their work was published recently in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. Are you impressed yet?
By blending and mincing the garlic right into the coconut oil you are releasing 100% of the juice containing allicin compounds for immediate use. It is said these healing organic compounds only stay stable for a short period of time. There is a debate in science as to how long this compounds stay stable. Garlic contains approximately 33 bioactive sulfur compounds, several enzymes and 17 amino acids. Garlic is the most studied herbal plant in the world.
* Blender (I use an old Oster Blender I got at a yard sale)
* Garlic peeled (I use chinese white, only one I can stand the smell)
* Coconut oil
* 8 – 12 garlic cloves peeled
* ½ - 1 cup melted coconut oil
* Heat the jar for coconut oil in a hot water bath by putting the jar directly in the bath until it is liquid. I like using butcher boy coconut oil sold at Dollartree. 8 oz for $1.25.
* Add peeled garlic cloves and liquid coconut oil to your blender.
* Blend the garlic/coconut oil well on lowest setting. This will take 5 minutes.
* After blending, pour mixture back into the plastic jar the coconut came in.
* Place garlic oil jar in refrigerator if desired or not. Mixture will stay “potient” only for 2 weeks. Make new batch after 2 weeks if needed.
How to use:
Yes, you will smell like a garlic bulb….
* Respiratory Infections. Apply to chest, back, side and neck and on bottom feet (then cover with socks) every 2-3 hours as necessary.
* Arthritic joints. Rub into painful joints at nite before bed.
* Ear infection. In it's melted state, you can put drops into the ear canal and plug with cottonball. Apply it around the outer ear.
* Sinus infection. You can put drops into the nostril. Rub ointment over sinus cavities. Use caution around eyes!