|WORKED TEMPORARILY (1)||100%|
My neighbor told me to try vapor rub for a Mange treatment; Has anyone ever tried it? Thank You.
Replied by Angelica
High Point, Nc
Approval Ratings YEA (5) 83% BETTER BUT NOT CURED (1) 17% Posted by Lisa (Wichita Falls, Texas) on 05/27/2010
[YEA] Every time that one of my critters ghas gotten the plain regular mange, all I used was cotton balls and plain old cooking oil!! You just soak the cotton ball with the cooking oil and rub it every where that they are loosing hair.You figure if the mange is just mites, then the oil suffocates the mites and no side effects!! If the animal licks the oil it won't hurt them!! I did it for about a week or so or until you notice that the animal stops getting any more bald places. And maybe put it on still for 2 or 3 more days just to be sure. If anyone has qusetions,email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This worked every time!! Even with a couple of my rescue babies!!Posted by Lisa (Wichiat Falls, Texas) on 05/06/2009
[YEA] I have read alot of remedies for Mange.The old timers used old motor oil, which is bad for the pet. I have several cats and a little dog. Several of them had the mange at one time or another. One little stray that I had taken in had it bad. From her neck up to all of her head was hairless!I had no money for a vet or anything. So, all I did for them all was to take a cotton ball and put regular cooking oil on it and rub it on the places where the hair was coming out. It takes a little longer than with medicine to get rid of it. But, if they lick it, it will not hurt the animal. And it really worked. The regular mange is because of mites under the skin. I guess the oil sufocates the little buggars! But, it really, really did work!!Replied by Ezz