Posted by Densiav (Munich, Germany) on 10/22/2012
[YEA] Hi, My mom has suffered from ear tinnitus for over 20 years. Me being a long-time yoga practicioner and instructor, I adviced her to change her food choices, as tinnitus in combination with vertigo (her case) are often a result of something called unbalanced vata dosha - one of three main governing principles in ayurveda.
I'm not sure how you all feel about alternative approach, but where conventional therapy can't help, this is your only chance - and it worked for her!
She started eating as I suggested and in one month the ringing noise was gone:
- eat warm food, moderately heavy textures, added butter and fat; preferrably salt, sour, and sweet tastes
- use foods such as: warm milk, cream, butter, warm soups, stews, hot cereals, fresh baked bread.
- vata is a cold dry dosha, therefore warm, nourishing foods such as these are good for stabilizing it
- have a good nourishing breakfast is very important (hot cereals, cream of rice or wheat, warm oatmeal etc.)
- spices: cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, ginger, cloves in moderation.
- avoid: cold meal (cold salads, iced water, raw vegetable, greens), caffeine products, bitter tastes, sweets.
If taken a holistic approach - trying some effective treatment methods as suggested above together with change of food choices, I am sure it's possible for anyone to start enjoying a true silence soon (unless the condition is associated with permanent damage of inner ear..).