Last Modified on Mar 11, 2015
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by very loose or liquid bowel movements, and while it can be inconvenient, embarrassing, or painful, more significant is the fact that the risk of dehydration has made watery diarrhea a common cause of infant death worldwide, and a dangerous affliction in developing nations. The common triple threat of stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea is altogether an unpleasant experience and may be indicative or symptomatic of another disease; diarrhea and vomiting might be the flu. Likewise, inflammatory bowel diseases or irritable bowel syndrome may cause chronic diarrhea. If there is blood visible, it is dysentery.
Diarrhea can commonly occur while you are traveling and experiencing different local bacteria that your body is unfamiliar with and not yet able to tolerate. In some cases it can take up to seven years to develop immunity to these new bacterial flora. Due to fluid loss, diarrhea may cause imbalances in electrolytes and salt levels within the body, making it very important to treat electrolyte loss and stay hydrated.
Natural Remedies For Diarrhea
Here at Earth Clinic, we have numerous natural and home cures for diarrhea, and quite a number of user favorites worth trying such as apple cider vinegar, tumeric, cinnamon, and activated charcoal. In addition, many users have shared specific remedies for chronic diarrhea or cures for the cause of their diarrhea. Have a look and let us know what you try to cure your ailment.
|Apple Cider Vinegar||47|
1. Drink 3-4 times half a cup of water with a few drops of mint essence or peppermint added.
2. Drink a mixture of 1 tsp mint juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1 tsp honey.
3. Grind a lemon along with seeds and rind to a paste. Add some salt. Take 1 tsp of this paste 2-3 times.
4. Drink 1/2 tsp of dry ginger in 1 cup buttermilk 3 - 4 times a day.
5. Chew a few pieces of the inner lining of pomegranate with salt, and/or drink pomegranate juice.
6. Mix 1 Tbsp poppy seeds, 1 tsp edible gum, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder, and 2 tbs sugar, and grind to a powder. Chew this concoction every 2 hours.
7. Mix 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1/4 tsp pepper powder and drink it.
8. Mix 5-6 chopped basil leaves, 1/4 tsp sea salt, some black pepper in 3 Tbsp of curd, and eat it. repeat this 4 times a day for one week for complete reconditioning of stomach.
9. Roast 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds. Mix and powder it, add to 4 tsp of yogurt. Take 3X a day.
10. Grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
Replied by John