[YEA] I recently found this and am trying it and I love it! I plan to start a second batch soon because the first batch will be gone very quickly! It's called Fire Cider. It is effective, easy to make and tasty, though not for the weak of heart. Make a batch before the cold season starts.
1 Quart AC vinegar
1/4 cup grated fresh horseradish
1 onion, chopped
1 head garlic, peeled & chopped
2 tablespoons powdered turmeric
1 cup honey, to taste
1. In a glass or stainless steel sauce pan heat vinegar on the stove to where it is warm, but not boiling.
2. Fill a clean glass jar with horseradish, onion, garlic, turmeric, and a pinch or two of Cayenne pepper.
3. Pour in the warmed vinegar and cap with an acid-proof lid.
4. Store in a warm place 3 to 4 weeks; shaking a few times a week.
5. Strain mixture and add enough honey to suit your taste.
6. Rebottle fire cider and refrigerate.
7. At the first sign of a cold take 1 to 2 tablespoons every 2 to 3 hours until your symptoms subside.
I use a mason jar and put wax paper on top before putting the lid on.