I was DX with TN- I would get shocks in the lower 2 branches of C5. That would occur when I ate, brushed my teeth or just talking. It would shock on its own, I couldn't control it. The shocks were strong. Later that progressed into a very intense painful shock on the top of my head, at the root of C5. I went to ER and they proscribed Carbamazapine. That took care of the intense top-of-the-head pain, but did nothing for the branch shocks. They still continued on their own.
So I read more and found that a virus also could contribute to TN. I have an old Bob Beck Zapper from the 90's. It works by placing the contact probes over the Ulna and Radial arteries. I would use the zapper 30 min each nite before bed. W/i 2 days the involuntary shocks stopped. Now all I had were the shocks that I triggered off by touching various spots on my face (R side only) I noticed that the intensity of the shocks decreased from 12/10 to 5/10. I quickly learned where not to touch on my face.
After about a month of nightly zapping, I am now to the point where my shocks are gone, even when toughing my face. It looks like the virus was the main cause of my TN. I continue to zap each nite for 30 min. This is a blood purifier and takes care of all pathogens and viruses in the blood.