I really, really agree with Cat from Austin. I had been a vegan/vegetarian for more than 15 years. On the surface, my diet seemed healthy. It was full of whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. In fact, the more carbs I ate, the more I craved them. Eventually, I experienced four to five and a half week periods. My hair was falling out. I had skin issues. Plus, I struggled with visceral fat. So many
Vegans are skinny-fat.
I eventually realized from watching YouTube videos that I might have been suffering from hyperinsulinemia. There are many Youtube videos about it. I'm now off the high carb/ high sugar diet and I'm slowly recovering. I'm not keto or carnivore, just low carb, low sugar. I've cut out for now the mountains of fruit bowls I used to eat. Not saying fruit is bad. I was just eating too much. The bloating is gone, as well. I haven't had a four to five and a half week period in two months. So, I'm just going to keep going with this new way of eating. I hope to keep healing and hope any woman struggling with these issues will try a low carb low sugar diet.
Had the same horrifying problem as another poster from 2010-- One week off period; 3 weeks on. Bled so much I soaked a cloth chair at a pizza joint. I've since hit menopause and don't have this worry at all BUT HERE WAS THE REMEDY FOR ME BACK THEN:.
1. NO CARBS: - no rice-potatoes-sugar--wheat/bread. Ate Meat/eggs/fish, salad or cooked veggies, 1 low carb snack daily of berries, cheese, or nuts. Secret: low carb and keto recipes on youtube
2. Took ACV (2 tsp wake-up / 2tsp bedtime w//pinch baking soda in 6oz water)
3. Upped water consumption to 2 liters per day
4. Exercise: I chose to do 5 Tibetan Rites for THAT year - excellent toning!
5. Desiccated Liver Capsule (grass-fed cattle) twice weekly.
The bleeding stopped in 4 days. The pain in my ovaries/uterus ended completely within 10 days. In 6 months, I lost 20 pounds with no loose skin and excellent toning.
I now believe it is a high carb, high sugar diet that is causing these horrifying symptoms in women and if your doctor can't help, try eliminating those high carb foods and sugar. Try it for 30 days. That at least costs you NOTHING!