Had the same horrifying problem as another poster from 2010-- One week off period; 3 weeks on. Bled so much I soaked a cloth chair at a pizza joint. I've since hit menopause and don't have this worry at all BUT HERE WAS THE REMEDY FOR ME BACK THEN:.
1. NO CARBS: - no rice-potatoes-sugar--wheat/bread. Ate Meat/eggs/fish, salad or cooked veggies, 1 low carb snack daily of berries, cheese, or nuts. Secret: low carb and keto recipes on youtube
2. Took ACV (2 tsp wake-up / 2tsp bedtime w//pinch baking soda in 6oz water)
3. Upped water consumption to 2 liters per day
4. Exercise: I chose to do 5 Tibetan Rites for THAT year - excellent toning!
5. Desiccated Liver Capsule (grass-fed cattle) twice weekly.
The bleeding stopped in 4 days. The pain in my ovaries/uterus ended completely within 10 days. In 6 months, I lost 20 pounds with no loose skin and excellent toning.
I now believe it is a high carb, high sugar diet that is causing these horrifying symptoms in women and if your doctor can't help, try eliminating those high carb foods and sugar. Try it for 30 days. That at least costs you NOTHING!