Posted by Ingupo (Darwen, Uk) on 05/31/2012
[YEA] Afternoon, I was wondering how come nobody has mentioned Salvadora persica tree twig- miswak. It looks like muslims have used it for centuries, It's even mentioned in their saint books. Me and my boyfriend ordered Miswak in ebay. We cleaned our teeth with it for approx 20 mins and teeth went white, I've never had so clean teeth. I think you're not supposed to clean teeth with them for so long, but we were so excited about new purchase. As I understand you're supposed to clean your teeth with it just as long as you usually clean them with simple toothbrush, but properly.
Here is something that I found in internet in numerous places:
1. Miswaak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.
2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in. 3. Miswaak creates a fragrance in the mouth.
4. Miswaak is a cure for illness.
5. Miswaak eliminates bad odors and improves the sense of taste.
6. Miswaak sharpens the memory.
7. Miswaak is a cure for headaches.
8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.
9. Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.
10. Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.
11. Miswaak assists in digestion.
12. Miswaak clears the voice.
All of this probably has basis, because otherwise muslims wouldn't have used Misawk for centuries.
I will report on how my teeth feels after longer while using miswak, just thought someone had to mention this wonder stick.