Hydrogen Peroxide and Aloe 1 0
Posted by Keira W (Placerville, CA) on 11/25/2008
[YEA] We live in a wooded area and no matter how often we point out the poison oak to my son he keeps getting it. He gets it so badly on his face that his eyes almost swell shut and his face swells up. Last night he said he was getting it again and sure enough his face was getting red and swollen. I came on to Earth Clinic's website because I always find great remedies. I read over the ideas and we decided to try the 3%hydrogen peroxide and freash aloe vera. I put some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and gently patted it all over the poison oak (avoiding the eyes, eyebrows and hair-it will bleach hair). Then without rinsing it off we applied fresh aloe vera gel from my aloe plant. This morning I could not believe my eyes, the poison oak rash was completely gone! We have never had anything work like this. Thank You Earth Clinic!
Posted by Linda (Erlanger, Ky) on 05/03/2009
[YEA] I came into contact with poison ivy ( once again ) in our back yard while helping my husband do some gardening. I have had it many times in my life, but this time was the worst! I had it on both forearms and both lower legs. In fact, I looked like I had been badly burned on my right leg. I went to the dr 3 times for this. I was given oral steroids, a steroid shot, antibiotics ( in case of infection ) and topical steroid cream. These were all ok but the thing that worked wonders for me was a tincure I picked up at a local vitamin and natural product store that contained jewel weed. After using this stuff for about 3 days, I had amazing results and I am almost healed now. I have suffered from this rash now for over 2 weeks! This stuff is amazing!
EC: Jewel Weed (aka Touch-Me-Not) often grows near poison ivy and is easy to locate. Good photos here.