My top 10 list:
- Baking soda
- Kefir (absolutely key to have a powerful source of probiotics)
- Activated Charcoal (key for detox)
- Red Beets or Red beet juice (liver and blood health)
- Vitamin C (liposomal if possible; vitamin C is a powerful antiviral)
- Castor oil
- Ozone (as in ozonated olive oil)
Top 10 Remedies
Definitely the following:
Baking Soda - a 1/2 teaspoon stirred into 8 oz of water, my go-to when I get the first inkling of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Always makes it go away! Of course be diligent about limiting/eliminating processed sugar & "bad" carbs from your diet!
Vitamin D3 - have taken this supplement for ages; recommended by my functional medicine practitioner
Turmeric - regularly used with organic UNrefined virgin coconut oil & pepper in hot tea or golden milk (recipe here on EC). Helps with any arthritis symptoms and actually calms my anxiety!
Lemons or juice - just enjoy it with tea.
Also, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar ("ACV) with Baking Soda added to 16 oz of good-quality water & sipped on throughout the day. I don't do this every day; maybe 3x/week.
Borax - I add a 1/4-1/2 cup to my laundry along with a squirt of Dr. Bronner's Eucalyptus Soap. The borax gets rid of any "musty" smell & "boosts" the effectiveness of your own detergent. The eucalyptus soap kills dust mites & certain viruses. Here's a google description of what eucalyptus soap can do:
"Perhaps one of the best things about eucalyptus oil is that it can help fight off bacteria and viruses, though it isn't effective as an antifungal essential oil. It has been proven to be able to effectively kill 22 types of harmful bacteria, like E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus."
Top 10 Remedies
What a fun question!
1. Baking Soda - Because so many ailments are aggravated or caused by being acidic, which baking soda reverses. 1/2 teaspoon in 4 ounces of water. Helps a UTI, bladder pain, heartburn. I have also used the baking soda water for dry eyes. I just wipe the water across the closed eyelid. Topically baking soda mixed with water to make a paste is good for a bee sting or burn. 1/2 cup in a bath is wonderful when sick.
2. Turmeric - amazing natural anti-inflammatory. Great for arthritis, stops diarrhea, useful for MRSA and staph infections (internally and externally), boils, etc.
3. Coconut oil - My favorite use of this is for viruses - especially mono and covid. It is also great topically or used for oil pulling for oral issues.
4. Castor oil - massaged into the skin or used as a castor oil pack I have used it for pain, cysts, and gallbladder attacks. It is also an amazing moisturizer. And then there its traditional use as a laxative.
5. Raw honey - for sores, burns, wounds, skin infections, sore throat.
6. Dried plantain leaves - plantain tea is great for a uti. Plantain poultices are excellent for pain. Plantain leaves, reconstituted are part of a natural burn treatment that helps skin cells to grow.
7. Melatonin - Sleep aid and for the high dose melatonin protocol for covid.
8. Frankincense essential oil - topically for pain, growths, UTI, infections.
9. Activated charcoal powder - to neutralize poisons. Stomach bug, diarrhea, pain.
10. Magnesium - sleep, constipation, stress, sore muscles, TMJ, headaches
If I were allowed a dozen I would add:
11. Nettle capsules or tea - for allergies, hives, poison ivy, arthritis.
12. Chamomile tea bags - calming tea, eye infections, sleep, infections.
~Mama to Many~
Top 10 Remedies
I have found so much information over the years here on Earth Clinic. All of it great.
I have a question for our readers here. If you could only have 10 remedies for the rest of your lifetime as in herbs, vitamins ECT. I know there are so many. Only 10 you can have which ones?
My list is as follows.
Lemons or juice
If you like, explain why you picked what you picked in your top ten.
Make it fun, make it educational.