You can undergo chelation therapy for a small fortune, or you can do this simple bath, once, twice or three times for a fraction of the cost but excellent results.
Buy at least 5 pounds of calcium bentonite clay. Some references will suggest up to 10 pounds, and this is a good idea for large adults. Children may only need 2 or 3 pounds in the water at first. You can get this from the Eyton's Earth website or you can find it under the label Aztec Secret in some health food stores.
1. Run water as hot as you can safely stand it. You will have to block off the overflow drain so that the tub can fill as deeply as you need it for this soak.
2. Dissolve 4 pounds of the clay under the running water, up to 9 pounds if you're a larger person. (If your tub is one of those older, larger ones, you will need an extra pound or two of clay.)
3. Get into the tub, slink down and let it fill until it is over your shoulders. (It's ok if your knees stick out.)
4. Mix the last pound of clay with water until it is like a goopey clay mask and smear it on your face, neck and all around your head. Yes, even in your hair to cover the scalp. Of course, don't cover your eyes.
5. Soak in the tub for at least 20 minutes. It is best to stay in until the water cools.
6. Before getting out, rinse off your head and neck and then go under the shower. Stand and rinse your body before stepping out of the tub.
7. Drain the tub. You don't have to worry about clay in the pipes. Bentonite will actually do some scouring on its way out. Just be sure to rinse the tub out thoroughly when the water has drained.
8. Drink a glass of good water before the bath and take one after the bath also. Afterwards, you want to lie down and rest or sleep for a while, as you may feel tired or woozy. Cover up. Don't get chilled.
You will notice when you get in the bath that the clay is a light sandy color. You will notice when you get out that it is now gray, even a dark gray or black-ish, depending on how much heavy metal has been pulled from your system.
This bath is a necessity for children these days, as they receive so many vaccines which are formulated with a heavy metal base. Research has linked heavy metals, especially mercury (which can lodge in the brain) to ADD/ADHD and autism disorders, and aluminum to Alzheimer's. Also, never allow mercury, gold, aluminum or any heavy metal in your or your children's teeth.
Most adults have absorbed heavy metals and toxins from anti-perspirants, processed foods, cooking in aluminum, dental work, etc. We all could use at least one of these baths, if not a series, to get our health back on track and toward a higher level of wellness.