Bee Sting Relief for Pets!

Reader Feedback
Posted by Steve (San Francisco, CA) on 08/09/2008
5 out of 5 stars

Good advice on bee stings. I got my dog to the emergency room right away, they administered a shot of antihistimine, and said to follow the advice you have given. His lip is about five times normal size. The idea of putting ice on it is good, but it's not an easy thing to do. A bag of frozen peas is working well.


Reader Feedback
Posted by Brandi (Orange County, California) on 08/14/2007
5 out of 5 stars

My dachshund was stung by a bee over the weekend. She was limping, wouldn't eat, vomited a lot of yellow liquid, and had a rash on her belly and chest. We didn't know what was wrong so we took her to the hospital. They diagnosed her immediately with anaphylactic shock and began treatment with an IV. She needed to be kept overnight for observation and for a plasma transfusion because she her blood was not clotting. $1,400 later she is back to normal. We are so glad that we took her to the hospital as soon as we did.


Reader Feedback
Posted by cathy (scotch plains, new jersey) on 06/26/2007
5 out of 5 stars

Thank you for your great informatin on how to treat your dog if he should have a bee sting. We had no idea what to do and your article was so helpful! Thank you so much!!!!