My daughter expressed that she was having a bad taste in her mouth. Tooth brushing and xylitol mouthwash were only temporary fixes.
I asked if it tasted like copper pennies. She was astonished and said yes. (I have heard of that symptom.)
My first sign of thyroid deficiency is mouth issues. (dry mouth for me.) So I decided to try iodine for her first.
I gave her 1 drop of 5% Lugol's in a few ounces of grape juice. The mouth taste has disappeared since beginning treatment.
I have stopped buying Iodoral due to expense and am using 5% Lugol's. 3-4 drops in 3 ounces of grape juice. It is barely detectable. 4 drops of 5% Lugol's is the equivalent of 2 12.5 mg Iodoral tablets.
~Mama to Many~