Snake Bite Home Cures

Low Current DC Shock
Posted by Tim Mitchell (Taree Nsw) on 11/22/2016
5 out of 5 stars

When in Tennessee our cat was bitten by a 3 foot copperhead snake and her eyelid turned inside out very quickly with the entire side of her head swelling up. I found her very quickly and wrapped her up in a towel (I worked at a vet clinic) and I gave her several pulses from a magneto based DC electroshock unit which we had on hand at the farm. We had used this unit with success for scorpion stings, bee stings and spider bites, and I gave her a good shock on either side of the swollen area. I have never seen a cat move so fast.... she wasn't about to let me give her another dose, so I took her to the farm area vet clinic and gave her some inject-able Sodium Ascorbate (buffered vitamin C) under the skin. The pain left, the swelling went down and within four hours she was looking normal and back outside catching mice. Our experience is that High Voltage (12KV) Low Current Pulsed DC electroshock is safe and has worked well for many things. The treatment is normally applied for about 6 doses as a one shock per dose treatment. If you are shocking yourself it is impossible to give yourself too much of a shock as your hand will jerk away with each dose. Avoid using high powered stun guns as they can cause a localised burn to the skin.

This method of treatment has been used extensively at the hospital Vozandes in Quito, Equador with resounding success for decades. It has been used by Dr Stan Abrams (published in JAMA) with great success on snake bite and spider bite. That is to name a few.

An Italian research team have proved the action of this treatment by showing that the proteins in the venom are broken apart and rendered permanently inactive by the action of the low current DC shock. This has been shown in vivo and in vitro tests. See "Inactivation of Crotalus atrox Venom Hemorrhagic Activity by Direct Current Exposure Using Hens' Egg Assay" and "Inactivation of Phospholipase A2 and Metalloproteinase from Crotalus atrox Venom by Direct Current".

There have been US based studies which have appeared to show this method ineffective, however these studies when read in fine detail and with knowledge of the process, are shown to have been conducted in an improper way which yielded misleading results for the researchers. The Italian studies have now shown what the several doctors which use this technique have claimed all along, it does work. If done correctly it is also safe, in other words, don't hold the shock source on for an extended period of time or do something stupid like hard wiring yourself to the very high powered ignition system of your car..... like one guy did.

This treatment method seems to work for both haemotoxic and neurotoxic snake venoms according to case studies. Most venoms contain very similar types of proteins and it is these proteins which the pulsed DC electric shock attacks, breaking a zinc ionic bond in the protein chain. As a result it has been shown to be effective against many types of bites and stings.