Snake Bite - Editor's Choice

Over the years, Earth Clinic readers have sent us many reports about their treatments for Snake Bite. The editors at Earth Clinic consider the below posts to be some of the most helpful and informative and have named them 'Editor's Choice'. We hope that you will find this useful.

Rattlesnake Bite Recovery Remedies

Posted by Brad Christian (Cool, CA) on 07/11/2019
5 out of 5 stars

Rattlesnake Bite Recovery Remedies

I bought items for a KIT which was kept on my vineyard/ranch at the shop and the house for rattlesnake bite, after catching four in one month on the property. Neutralizing venom is easy, and I utilize a four stage counter attack below. Most of the items I gathered from Amazon. The ampules of injectable Vitamin C are a bit harder, as the FDA has recognized the power of intravenous/injectable vitamin C and tried to stamp it out. I got mine from British Columbia in Canada after simply doing a Google search on it. The cattle prod was bought at QC Supply.

Any one of these methods would handle the venom, but personally I would use all three to be absolutely sure. That's just me. The vitamin C treatment is consistently used on animals to counter venomous bites. Charcoal has been used to great success again and again. The cattle prod delivers just enough current to slap the venom around, beat it up, and neutralize it and has been used with much success. You don't need a doctor filling your body with ugly ANTI-venom and charging you $40K for the pleasure.

TAKE THESE STEPS AS INSTANTLY AS YOU CAN AFTER BEING BITTEN.

Almost all snake bites go into the muscle, NOT the veins. From there, the venom is absorbed NOT by the blood but by the lymphatic system and spread through the body.

We can solve any venom issue with a four stage COUNTER ATTACK on the venom. FYI, 99% of poisonous snakes in the USA are Pit Vipers (triangle head containing venom glands). The rattlesnake is a Pit Viper.

1. Clean the area FIRST with the alcohol pad, and thoroughly wash your hands. Use a disposable scalpel to cut a small “X” on the fang marks to open them up a bit more IF the wound is not big enough. Opening the wound a bit more just allows the charcoal binder to enter more easily. Activated Charcoal is a binder that latches on to toxins and renders them INEFFECTIVE. Take large amounts of the charcoal paste included in the Kit and spread it IN the wound and ALL AROUND the wound 4-6 inches all over, minimum. Wrap the area with the included rubber tape, creating a poultice around the area. The charcoal will suck the venom to itself and bind to it through the skin. An hour later, wipe this off and apply a new dressing with NEW charcoal.

2. Swallow 4 charcoal tabs included in the kit. We want the charcoal moving through the whole body as fast as possible to bind anything it comes across. This is perfectly safe. Take 2 more every half hour for a few hours.

3. Start using the “cattle prod” electric treatment included in the Kit (blue device). This sounds scary but isn't. It's a fairly light electric shock and this has been used VERY successfully to “shock demolish” venom (black widow, brown recluse, scorpion, snake). It's amazing how FAST you will feel better using this. Several treatments. “Prod” yourself or have someone else do it, and when the body naturally pulls away, that's considered a treatment. Zap the area in different sections, wherever the venom has travelled.

4. Vitamin C is incredible in HIGH DOSES to destroy venom. In fact, intravenous Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) has been used to cure many forms of cancer. So venom is nothing for this powerful antioxidant. NOTE: if you are taking the charcoal tabs, no need to swallow any of the oral Vitamin C, just use ampule of pure Vitamin C and the syringe to inject it directly into the muscle around the bite. Here's how. Clean the area with an alcohol wipe. Take one of the disposable syringes and open it. Open a vial of Vitamin C. Press the plunger down inside the device and then stick the needle into the vitamin C ampule at the top. Suck a full load of that good liquid into the needle. Hold the needle upright and ‘flick' the plastic part to make sure there's NO AIR in the needle. Push the plunger a little until you get a drop or two of liquid coming out, confirming that there is NO AIR. Not one bubble…this is very important. Stick the needle into the muscle “near to” or “around” the bite, less than a quarter inch into the skin, up to a quarter inch. Press the plunger firmly and steadily, and deliver the liquid into the muscle surrounding the bite.

Good work. Let the vitamin do “its thing”.

Note: about 25% of venomous snake bites are “dry” – no venom. Let's hope yours is.

————————-

If you think that anti-venom given at the hospital is a silver bullet, please educate yourself. Treatment with Anti-venom is massively expensive, often very damaging to the body and some people can have permanent damage to their bodies or come close to death. It is important to know the facts so you can make the best decision for you in an emergency.

A popular ‘generic' anti-venom is called CRO-FAB. This drug is $3800 per vial and you can easily need 10-15 vials, depending on your size. There's NO guarantee with CroFab either. There are MUCH better, cheaper and natural ways to stop Venom in its tracks.

————————-


Turmeric, Coconut Oil, Honey, Castor Oil

Posted by Flower's Mom (Pueblo Of Acoma, Nm) on 09/15/2017
5 out of 5 stars

My dog, Molly, got bit by a rattlesnake on the leg just above her foot two nights ago. By the time I saw her yesterday morning, her whole leg was swollen to three times its normal size and she could not bend it or walk. I put a teaspoon each of ground turmeric, organic coconut oil, organic raw honey, a couple pinches of ground black pepper and 2 droppers of colloidal silver into a few ounces of raw ground turkey and mixed it up really well and gave it to her on an empty stomach. She ate it up with no hesitation and laid down. Then I applied a castor oil pack over the 2 puncture wounds and held it there for about 40 minutes or so, during which time she rested. As she was not showing any other signs of distress, such as breathing difficulty, seizure, etc., but was sleeping, I put her in the hands of the benevolent Creator and left for work. I hated to leave her, but I had no choice.

I went home to check on her at lunch time and was thrilled to see her relaxing outside the front door! I mixed up another dose of the turmeric, OCO, honey, pepper and colloidal silver in the ground turkey and gave it to her again. As I did not have time to sit with her to do the castor oil pack, I just put a couple drops on the puncture wounds and went back to work. When I arrived home in the evening she was again outside and got up to greet me when I drove in. The swelling in her leg had gone down some more and it now looked about 2 times its normal size and she did not appear to be in as much pain. She still could not walk so I helped her inside and again mixed up another dose of the same ingredients in the raw turkey and again applied a castor oil pack to the site. She rested comfortably throughout the evening and slept good all night. This morning the swelling in her leg has gone down so that the leg looks almost normal and she can bend it, but the foot is still pretty swollen. It looks like a ball at the end of a stick, but she is starting to put a little weight on it. I will continue to give her the same mix morning and evening until all the symptoms have subsided. I did not expect her recovery to be so rapid, so I am thrilled to share my experience. Thank you again, Earth Clinic, and all those involved in maintaining this wonderful resource! It has been lifesaving for me and my family!