EarthClinic helped me diagnose my LPR and then I confirmed it with an ENT endoscopy. It was manifesting as masked asthma; constant throat clearing; a persistent cough that would wake me up in the middle of the night; and sinusitis/post nasal drip issues.
After four years, below is what has helped the most:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar ~ 1 TBSP/cup of water w 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup
2. Baking Soda ~ 1/2 tsp per cup of water morning and before bed
3. Borax ~ 1/4 tsp/liter of water (men) 1/8 tsp/liter of water (women)
4. Hydrogen Peroxide ~ 10 drops in a cup of water morning and before bed 4. Fulvic-Humic Acid for trace minerals 1-2 oz daily
5. Fractionally Distilled Liquid from Aloe Vera Leaves ~ 1/4 cup daily
6. Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice tablets as needed on an acute basis
7. Slanted sleeping by raising header bedposts about 4-6 inches
8. Stopped eating chocolate (sniff, sniff!)
9. Stopped coffee; reduced caffeine to morning only ~ Yerba Mate
10. Stopped eating 2-3 hours before bed
11. Reduced tomato sauce (fresh tomatoes seem ok)
12. Reduced dairy
13. Mastic Gum tablets seemed to help
14. Reducing/watching my meal portions I recently had a second endoscopy which showed only mild tissue inflammation in my esophagus and above stomach. I'm nearly symptom-free and/or it's under control quickly if I indulge any of the above.
Extremely grateful to EarthClinic!