Nephritis (high protein in urine) - Summary of Remedies from Ted and the Earth Clinic Community
Often bacterial in origin or the body has an infection.
1. Alkalize (raise immunity and reduce bacteria): Drink two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar plus 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 a cup of water twice a day (morning and night) on an empty stomach for four to five days a week. Or two to eight teaspoons lime or lemon juice plus 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 cup of water twice a day. You can alternate between these two formulas.
2. Zinc: Take 50 mg of zinc gluconate per week.
3. Magnesium: Take 250 mg of magnesium citrate five days out of the week -- increases the body's defenses against bacteria, thus reducing the high protein in the kidneys.
4. Sea Salt: Add 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in one liter of water and drink throughout the day -- will raise the salinity of the urine somewhat and the antibiotic effect of the salt will reduce the bacteria thus reducing the protein buildup in the urine.
5. Oil Pulling: See here https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/oil_pulling.html
6. Lecithin Granules: One tablespoon lecithin in a cup of water one to three times a day, 30 minutes before eating -- reduces excess fatty liver and reduces the liver's congestion.
7. Clove Oil: Mix one drop of clove oil in one liter of water and drink through the day - kills the bacterium in the liver, thus reducing the high protein in the kidneys.
*For cloudy urine, taking a vitamin B complex for a couple of days may help clear it up and reduce the protein buildup.
*Also discontinue drinking carbonated beverages
I have been doing some research for natural cures for Nephrotic Syndrome for kids. I saw in the website of Dr. Andrew Saul about the use of vitamin C in kidney problems. It says and I quote:
"Nephrotic Syndrome. This condition results from tissue damage and impaired nephron function. Its association with collagen diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc. ) is hardly accidental, for chronic deficiencies of vitamin C (and vitamin C's helpers, the bioflavinoids) cause the very event described by Williams on page 851: "The primary degenerative lesion is in the capillary basement membrane of the glomerulus which permits the escape of large amounts of protein into the filtrate." This is because capillaries, those tiniest and most numerous of all the blood vessels, get leaky in the absence of ample vitamin C."
I want to know if anyone has had any good outcome from this. A lot of cases I've read mentioned that they usually have attacks or relapses after a cold or flu, which meant they did not have enough Vitamin C.
Could it be that vitamin C can help? Has anyone known of any real life case?
Thanks for your help.
(Fountain Inn, Sc)
People with bad kidney try this and this works too. Buy fresh okra from food store but you will be using only two a day for every day till you feel better. Take two and cut both ends then split from one side leave them in glass of water for over night. In the morning squeeze them good and drink the water. You don't have to eat okra. Do it and let other people know.
Please take a lot of radish leaf juice without adding water, sugar or salt every morning and evening, about 40 minutes before your meals. Radish leaves are excellent in melting your kidney stones. It is also very safe and excellent for chronic renal failure patients. There are absolutely no side effects. I am praying for you.
Hello; Suddenly found myself in Stage II kidney failure, big surprise. Been taking mild herbs, organic tea (marshmallow root and Cornsilk) for 2 months and I'm now in Stage III. Have always fought acidity, drinking only mineral water for years. Cannot tolerate Apple Cider Vinegar. I appreciate all the comments, is there a place where specific remedies are given. Thanks Gail
Polyscytic Kidney Disease - I use Q10 Enzyme, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Quercetin, B Complex Vitamins, Magnezium, Vitamin C ( Crannberry), Selenium, Folic Acid, Astragalus.
Nephritis Summary Revised...
Excess protein may be linked to taking too much protein and lack of digestive enzyme that digests the protein, such as protease, and may be supplemented with pancreatic enzymes, bromelain enzymes and to some extent papain. The total protease should be 50 to 100 mg taken before meals 3 times a day, bromelain 2500 GDU, and papain roughly 250 to 500 mg also three times a day. There was a case where a doctor gave patients 10 white eggs a day plus steroids as a way to reduce urine protein but that actually made it worse. Milk powder also worsened. An excess urine protein can also be lack of amino balance such as arginine or glutamine, for example.
A simple test is possible. A protein free diet or caloric restriction for 3 days to see if there is improvement.
i am suffering from kidney trouble my cretinine went up to 3 and i was bedridden for almost 4 months where i lost my job and under depression. taking mashed 10 tulsi leaves empty stomach with one spoon of curd which helped me a lot. now my cretinine level has come down to 1.7. i got my blood test done and found there was no iron, calcium and folic acid. avoid dairy produts and leafy vegetables. peas should not be consumed. one apple a day.
EC: Tulsi is also called "Holy Basil"