DMPS is known to cause severe problems for people, particularly irreversible nerve damage. To chelate out mercury, lead and some other toxic metals, the best known protocol is the one that Andy Cutler devised. He has a ph.D. from Princeton in Chemistry, was poisoned himself and discovered the pharmacological effects of different substances, based on the half life of chelating elements in the body. The reason this is so important is because when mercury is moved around, it cause havoc. I had 13 almagam fillings, plus 2 gold crowns, (which is a big no-no, even for dental text books--and funny the dentist who did this taught at the dental school in Philly--obviously didn't read the textbook! ). In any case, I had all these removed, followed Cutler's protocol and have had many many problems go away, including problems I didn't think could be connected to Mercury. His protocol is the ONLY safe way to get rid of mercury; it works. (plus, he's not trying to sell anything. The protocol is available on the web, even if one doesn't buy his book). In a nutshell, the protocol is:
alpha lipoic acid 50mg- MUST BE TAKEN Every 3 HOURS, even at night. For 3 days on, 4 days off. I've done his protocol for 2 years now and it really works, safely!