I want to appreciate your kind support to improve the health of people arround the globe, I know I will testify too from your advice, I am 31yrs lady old from Nigeria, married for 3yrs now no child, thou had a still birth[36wks old pregnancy] on the 26th of March, 2012, after the stillbirth delivery [not cs but vaginal delivery] my doctor adviced me to come for evacuation of retained particles of conception after a week because I was experiencing severe stomach pain[lower abdominal pains], after the evacuation I was fine, no pains, no more retained particles of conception from the ultra scan result, 6months after my menses didnt show up so I went back to the doctor and he recommended bromegon a hormonal drug to stop the flow of my breast milk, I have gone for a fresh scan the result shows am ok but the eggs on the left ovary are poor, fluid on the right ovary, I am not pregnant and my flow refuse to show up till now, even after all the recommended medication. Pls what do I do for I am in a fix. thanking you for you kind response, please reply me via forcomdev(at) gmail [dot] com.
Hello earth clinic! Late last year I was diagnosed with ENDOMETRIOSIS WITH ADENOMYOSIS. I had 5 days periods (28 days cycle), extremely painful, extremely heavy with cramping. Every time I have periods I always took pain reliever for 5 days even during my ovulation days. This is so unusual to me, because normally I had 5 days 28 days cycle, tolerable pain, and normal flow periods.
Before I settle to my doctor's decision I opted to search for natural remedies. On searching I found earth clinic, read all the comments and replies to all queries.
Hesitantly, I tried (last march 2012) the blackstrap molasses (organic, unsulphured), 1 tablespoon an hour after meals, 2x a day. Indeed the pain disappeared, so I decided to continue drinking until the next month period (april), I was stunned that my period has stopped (amenorrhea) up until present. Though, on my part it was beneficial because my ob-gyn planned is to halt my period temporarily. At present, still I continue drinking my black strap molasses but with a mixed of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon an hour after meals, 2x a day.
Before I will discontinue the BSM and ACV I would like to ask questions, am I doing it right? Or do I need to stop drinking the BSM & ACV or do I need to drink supplements? I read Ted's replied that Vitamin B complex, magnesium supplements and vitamin E helps improve menstruation. (http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/menstruation_questions.html#Question_3509)
Please advise me what to do next, thank you so much.
Hello I am 28 years old married girl, my monthly cycle do not come by itself, when I take contraceptive pills then only my menses comes, otherwise not. For the first also I had taken medicine named LYNORAL to start my menses... Doctor were saying that after marriage this problem will be solved automatically but now it is 2.5 years since I got married but I am not getting my menses by itself... My Parents are so much worried for me since 10 years........ Doctors said your uterus is small in size and hormones are not automatically building up in your body...
Please suggest me some remedy, I will be very thankful to you please, please I beg.
Manama, Manama, Bahrain
Pls suggest remedies for Ammonehrea - lack of menses...
Will ACV help in that? Also because mainly I have read ACV helps to decrease the flow.... Please help and post.
San Diego, Ca
Othello, Wa, Usa
San Diego, Ca
I was diagnosed at 17 with PCOS and have gone over a year at times with no period (amenorrhea). I am now in my 30's and have no children, although married over 5 years. I actually started taking a magnesium supplement after reading that it might help with restless leg syndrome. The second day after taking it, I began menstruating. It did not seem to help with the RLS, however, so I stopped taking it. After a while of again having no period, I decided to take magnesium and see if it would bring on menstruation again. It DID. I have continued to take magnesium for about a year in the same fashion when I haven't had a period in a couple of months and it brings one on EVERY TIME. I have found NOTHING written online about magnesium being a cure for amenorrhea and find it very hard to believe that nobody else has ever discovered this. Has anyone else ever heard about a connection there? (And I have only been taking the run of the mill drug store magnesium oxide! After reading on this site, I will be trying a more absorbable version and take it much more often and see if that helps with the RLS. ) Also, if magnesium can bring on menstruation; maybe it can help with fertility? Could it be possible that my problems have just been a magnesium deficiency this whole time?! What do you think?
I have had an irregalar and horrible period since I began my menstrual cycle. I started at age 11 and now I am 26, soon to be 27 in March. Oddly, I can count on one hand how many times I've had cramps during a menstrual cycle. I have been hospitalized twice for anemia and I have had 7 blood transfusions. When I was dealing with this as a teenager I was terrified and I hated going to school as you can imagine. I thought I had cancer, etc... I have been on numerous brands of birth control pills, which caused pain a blood clots. The last time I was hospitalized for anemia, I received 2 depo shot and was discharged with a prescription for birth control pills. I was advised to take 2 birth control pills a day. I have had test ran, vaginal ultrasounds, etc... The doctors still could not tell me what was wrong. They said, "Some women just bleed! " So, I was thinking that I couldn't have children, I was infertile! Until 2009, I had my son. Then, in 2011, I had my daughter by c-section. I also got my tubes tied. The doctor that performed the surgery said that everything is fine in that region. Recently, I started my period and it has not stopped. I thought that this nightmare was over since I haven't really had any problems since 2008.
I really hope that ACV works because I have exhausted all other options. Trust me I have tried everything, even the gyn!! I'm not trying to take birth control pills again because they cause more problems than they help and I most definitely do not want my uterus removed.
I also missed my period and am not pregnant. I did ACV and I got it within a couple days!! Wow a miracle cure!! I love this site and I love ACV! Thank You so muchhhhh!! :)
I just wanted to say I am so grateful one of my friends told me about this site! As an American living in Beijing, I am a bit hesitant to go to the doctor unless its a total emergency...But when I hadn't had my period for 6 months (not preggers), I thought I may have to go to a doc. Then i saw this site! I drank Apple cider vinegar for 2 days- one 8 oz. glass of water with 3 tablespoons once in AM, once in PM. My period just came! I'm a believer!
I have been suffer from not having a period but I noticed that after taking the ACV for 3 days that my period would start and would last for at least 4 days. has any one heard of this and do you think its ok to keep doing this. I have tried the pills, but I hate pills. please reply
PCOS and amenorrhea:
Dear all, I would like to share my successful case. After taking the contraceptive pill for many years, I decided to quit taking it because of its side effects. I was really worried because I was having a mestrual cycle every 3 months (if I was lucky) after quitting it. In order to return to my normal monthly cycle, I tried many herbs and dietary changes with little success. After trying and trying, I finally came accross She Oak (Australian Bush) flower essence. I took it every single day for several months until I had regular cycles once more (7 drops in the morning and 7 drops at night). I have been having regular cycles (28 -30 days) ever since (and I am not taking it any longer).
It was a very long time ago :) I hope this information reaches someone in need of hope as I was. It might not be a solution for everyone but It is definitely worth trying Xx
Starting using Unsulphered Blackstrap molasses, suddenly got my period again after 2 years.
Use to suffer irregular periods. Figs are another thing that can start your periods. Eat a serving or two of figs a day. It will trigger your period to start. it is a good source of copper, vitamin b6, magnesium, etc. All the things your thyroid needs to signal your hormones to do what they need to do. I had some dried figs which tried to start my period quickly even though I am not due for it yet. This is a great remedy.
My period stopped for 4 months (roughly 4 cycles). I was getting really worried about my health and fertility. I think my periods stopped because I put on weight (I went from overweight to obese), stopped exercising and was not eating well.
I did a lot of research about "secondary amenorrhea" (when your period stops in adulthood after having had a regular or semi-regular period).
Please note: If you have "secondary amenorrhea" due to obesity, stress or PCOS these cures below may relate to you. If you have "secondary amenorrhea" due to being underweight or extreme exercise, I am not sure that these would relate to you.
After doing this protocol for 2 weeks my period came back! I had a "robust" cramp free period for 5 days.
* Every day 30-60 min brisk walk around 4 or 5pm. Once a week an exercise class (like zumba or yoga).
* Tried to be kinder to self, less strict in my head.
* Got 8-9 hours of sleep daily. Let my body rest if I was tired on weekends (naps, chilling out)
* 2 psyllium caps and about 3-4 glasses of water in the morning 5x per week (60 minutes before any breakfast, or other supplement)a
* Green vibrance & Madre Labs vitamin C powder (one scoop each in the morning, 60 min after taking psyllium pills)
* Iodine drops (I was reading different theories, testimonials on this - I decided to start with 4 drops of a 2% lugol's iodine per day. I went up to about 5 drops 2x per day).
* Pau d'arco pill (2x per day) note: I did this because I did the candida "spit test" in the morning
* B complex (B-50) pill (1x per day)
* Dong Quai tincture (3 x per day a full pipette squirted into water) ("herb pharm" brand) note: I read that dong quai is a phyto estrogen meaning that it will balance out estrogen issues in your body - whether you have too much or too little)
* Eucommia Bark tincture (1 - 2 full pipette in water per day) (brand "dragon herbs") note: this is to tonify the kidneys and overall immune booster)
* Vitex (I started taking the vitex - which is also known as chaste berry but stopped when I received my order of Dong Quai)
* Dr. Christopher's thyroid support pills (it contains kelp)
* Dr. Christopher's fertility drops (I was taking this for 10 days before I received the Dong Quai.. my period started pretty quickly after the Dong Quai - within 7 days)
* I made miso soup with a lot of kelp almost daily
* Make a large pitcher of tea to drink throughout the day: raspberry leaf (tone the uterus) + echinacea + dandelion + green tea
* Castor Oil: after my night time shower I generously slathered castor oil all over my front and back abdomen (over ovary areas, liver, kidneys) and put a hot pack sticker (Japanese hot sticker for winter called "hokkairo" - be careful to put them OVER your pajamas and not on direct skin). I used some older fleece pajamas and night t-shirts I don't mind getting oily.
I changed my eating habits:
* Cut out wheat, dairy, junk food and MSG. Examples of my meals: brown rice, miso soup (with kelp), grilled fish or chicken with some light sauces, and vegetables; no dairy veggie omelette; Bob's red mill minestrone soup with lots of diced vegetables; Lettuce chicken ginger wraps with lots of raw bell pepper. Apples and almonds for snacks. Lots of salads with carrots, cucumbers, beets, tuna, watercress...
* Bulgarian yogurt as dessert or snack (after 1 week of cutting out dairy to recalibrate my craving for dairy).
* Made sure that all my eggs, chicken were "organic" / free range.
* Non-msg kimchee, natto, japanese ume as side dishes
* I noticed I was craving the miso soup (kelp has iodine and the miso has lots of probiotics) and also avocados (vitamin e).
* If I was craving "carbs" I allowed myself a small bowl of natural brand corn, oat, grain cereal with some honey and almond milk - sort of ate this a couple times a week for dessert
I continued to do these (some of these I had stopped but they have been part of my routine on and off):
* Taking melatonin about 3-5 times per week (only 1 melatonin pill at night 30 minutes before bed time)
* Oil pulling with coconut oil (in the morning after waking)
* Using my own toothpaste (coconut oil + myrrh drops + grapefruit seed concentrated oil drops + natural himalayan sea salt + baking soda)
* Gargle with food grade h202 mouth wash
* Using a chlorine filter for my shower
* Avoiding mint / peppermint
Also, my energy level improved (I think it was the B vitamin + the walking + change in eating habit).
Also, my acid reflux stopped!! I have had acid reflux which has worsened over the past year. I believe it was the Pau D'arco and general change in eating that helped this.
Overall I think it was a combination of
exercising & improving eating habit & these supplements: iodine, kelp, b-vitamin, dong quai, Eucommia bark.
I have an apple body shape and put on weight around my mid section, which according to what I read is a sign of being "insulin resistant". Being "insulin resistant" messes with the menstrual cycle, so I tried to cut out non complex carbs and sugars - mostly eating vegetables and brown rice.
I think the supplements that helped the most were iodine, kelp, b50 complex, Dong Quai and Eucommia bark
Sorry for the long post, I find that it helps when I read earthclinic posts that are comprehensive and detail oriented. Hope this helps some people.
Los Angeles, California
Hey guys, I used to suffer with this issue for a while in the past. My periods are now regular each month. There Is a secret which is pineapple if you want your period to start. Pineapple is very powerful for starting periods. I actually just had my period and it tried to start again because of eating pineapple. The bromelain in it will trigger your uterus lining to shed. You have to get a fresh pineapple though. Eat the whole pineapple, over a span of a few days. Each day take pineapple add it into a smoothie with milk or coconut milk. Your period will start very soon and quickly.
I use to suffer irregular periods. Red raspberry leaf tea will surely start your period at any time. It works very fast. Great for people with this condition. The tea is also great on periods that are painful.