After years of buying the expensive lotions and skin care programs on the market, I've found out that going old-fashioned and all-natural is the best way. This stuff has been repeated so many times that I think people get desensitized to it. Some of these companies are sympathetic, some want to separate you from your money, but most are a little bit of both. Forget them and go old school. Here's what I've found:
1. You need to stay regular. Drink lots of water and take fiber on a daily basis. When you eat too much food or any junk food, your digestive system gets upset and tries to throw off the toxins building up.
2. I trade off between molasses and ACV daily and it's been going well for me. Put a teaspoon of molasses in warm water and wash it down- it's got a mild carmel taste to it and is loaded with minerals and nutrients that fight acne. I swear by the ACV though- I mix a cap full or two in a small glass of water and it wakes me up mentally and physically. If I put it on a cotton ball it gets absorbed too much into my skin and causes a rash on my face (a common thing for people), so instead I pour a little in my hands and rub it in that way. Works like a charm. For soap I use castile (Dr. Bronner's is a good choice) because it's mild enough to use as for brushing my teeth. Anything with that sodium laurel sulfate crap in it has got to go. It's found in most of your shampoos. That stuff strips your skin of its moisturizing elements and leaves you unprotected- get rid of it.
3. Forget the fancy face masks you buy for ten bucks and only last you a month. Milk of magnesia works just as well if not better. Every other day is a good tempo because too many applications can dry your skin out. Depending on your skin type, you'll have to adjust it. Apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes at night and then wash it off.
4. Be patient and stop picking at the pimples. Think of a small cut you get on your hand, and how quickly it heals because you're not thinking about it and leaving it alone. Tearing at what is essentially a wound on your face is only going to make it heal slower, so you only make it worse. Your mom was right- stop picking.
5. And of course, the obvious: get a good sweat-induce workout on a regular basis. It gets the blood flowing and improves your complexion. Start taking a multi-vitamin, and for you bodybuilders stop using the creatine. Creatine is a safe product but it raises your hormone levels and contributes to breakouts. Arginine (aka NO2) not only makes you stronger, it improves blood flow to your skin.
All this stuff is dirt cheap and more effective than those top-of-the-line vanity products. Realistically, nothing's going to give you perfect skin. But you can at least fight it off at a reasonable price by sticking to these basics.
Hi. I guess I do look far younger than my 51 years coz people think I'm in my thirties! I smile when people ask me how do you look so young? I smoke and seldom drink beer but I think it's the heart forgiveness and keep smiling keeps you young. Prayer also. I use sunscreen mixed with a few drops of moisturizer everyday.I also take a mineral mulitvit b complex with has the omega 3 included in the pill. I walk my dog for 10 mins trice a day. I hardly keep good meal hours but sleep 8 hrs is a must even if it 2.30 in the morning. I use a scrum on my face once in ten days. That's it. And you know what I can walk as fast as a teenager if not faster! My skin body and hair is yummmmm! luv to all tania.
I am a massage therapist in San Francisco. I am 39 but people guess my age is anywhere from 23 - 29. I think it has to do with a number of contributing factors. Since you asked, I will share them with you! First, I try and get enough sleep. If I don't get enough sleep one night, I make it up during the day with a short nap. Just lying down for 10 minutes often revitalizes me. Since I give a lot of my energy to my massage clients, I am careful to work out and keep my body vital with energy. At the same time I am careful not to work out too much! I lead a relatively serene lifestyle... boring to some, I am sure... I do think my lack of addiction to adrenaline and my determination to maintain my body at optimal vitality contribute to my youthfulness!
I have been looking over your skin and fountain of youth remedies. What surprises me is that no one is mentioning the neck! I have come to conclusion after looking at myself in the mirror and people-watching that the neck gives it all away. It doesn't matter how smooth your face is, if your neck is wrinkled and has lost elasticity, you can look years older than your age! I am 37 years old and my neck looks like it's been through the wringer. When people guess my age they guess older, not younger, even though I have no wrinkles!!! I don't know if this will make a difference, but I am started to massage my neck every night with castor oil. I will let you know if it works. I would like to know if people agree with my observation or if I am loco en la cabeza!!!
New York, New York, New York
Risbane, Qld Australia
Thousand Oaks, Ca, USA
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
Hi Everyone, I want to post this great interview with Donna Gates speaking on the gut health, probiotics and the connection of these with anti-aging and emotional/ mental health. She speaks on aging and living well. And what is crucial for men as they age. I hope you take the opportunity to listen.
Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see the audio interview. Best of health to all, Lisa
Apple cidar vinegar in conjunction with the raw food diet lifestyle helps me stay young.
Powder Springs, GA
New York, USA
Dear Sirs, I am 58 and could pass for 40. My face is very youthful looking. I have very few wrinkles and have had no blemishes for years. My diet has been make up of as many raw foods as I can. I eat a steady diet of raw organic nuts and seeds. There is a great web site, tierrafarms.com, that I purchase them from. In addition I never wash my face with soap only with warm clean water. I use an oil after shaving called Squalane, oil from sharks I believe. I have for years put on a moistureizing lotion each morning after my morning bath. Hope this can be of help to some of you out there.
In Slovack villages the people live to be 100 years old. Many have tried to learn the secret. Scientists Believe that Red Beets ( that the slovacks eat like americans eat carbs) Is the secret to longevity.
Hi, I tried the rhodiola & Vitamin E fountain of youth formula and it didn't seem to help me in any way. I believe this is because of the brand I was using. If you could email me directly and share the brand of rhodiola you have had results with, I would be very grateful. Also, is there an easy way to take flax seed oil other than mixing it in cottage cheese? Thanks in advance for your help.
EC: Sandy, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the rhodiola that I bough a few years ago (at Whole Foods) that produced such good results except that it was liquid gel cap and it came from Russia... perhaps Nature's Way? It was quite expensive, that I do recall. The second time I bought the rhodiola, I bought the capsules containing powder and it didn't provide the same results whatsoever! In fact, I got a bad headache from it... I haven't tried it since then.
People have been reporting taking flax oil straight up or mixing it in salad dressing.
Manhattan, New York
Manhattan, New York
Dear All, I was really looking for a remedy for open pores on face due to acne and when I browsed for remedies posted by Ted, I found that taking zinc acetate as one of the remedies. My skin and hair are not oily, they are more on the drier side but still I have immense hair loss. Also, I have pores on my face due to severe acne I had as a teenager. Also, I have been taking Rhodiola and Vitamin E for glowing skin which is working wonders. Do you still recommend me taking zinc acetate for shrinking my pores on the face? If so, should I stop taking Rhodiola and Vitamin E then? Please Let me know. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks, pinki
I recently started taking rhodiola and vitamin E in the mornings and afternoons, and I've noticed a huge difference in my energy levels. My skin is more radiant, and I have a lot more energy than I used to. However, a word of caution -- two rhodiola capsules per day might be too much for some people. I noticed that after the afternoon dose I was feeling a little nervous, jittery, and restless, so now I take only one rhodiola capsule in the morning, and I take the vitamin E in the morning and afternoon, and it seems to work better for me. I'd highly recommend this remedy, but be careful with rhodiola if you're at all prone to nervousness and/or panic attacks.
I started Rhodiola about a week ago for the "fountain of youth" benefit. When I added the Vitamine E, I experienced severe, nearly arthritic pain in joints and muscles. I have not experienced the improved sleep pattern, either. I plan to stop the herb a few days then restart on lower dosage.
We've just simplified our fountain of youth formula after experimenting for the past 6 weeks. The concoction we listed here previously takes too much time and energy to carry on for more than a day or two!
We have noticed that along with drinking plenty of water, the 2 supplements listed below will take 5-10 years off your face within a matter of hours. Unfortunately, these effects are short lasting. If you stop taking the supplements, your glowing and youthful skin will disappear once the supplements leave your system...
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of distilled water a day.
2. Take together, 1 Rhodiola and 1 Natural Vitamin E capsule first thing in the morning, and then repeat the supplements in the afternoon.
You will notice that the combination of rhodiola and vitamin e causes your pores to shrink. This combination is almost as good as getting a facial.
The supplement from Siberia called Rhodiola costs around $30 for a quality brand. Make sure to read our fact sheet first to see what you need to look for. We tried dropping the supplement to see if just water and vitamin E would work and decided that no, this was an important component. Similarly, we don't think you can just take the Rhodiola and get these fantastic results either. It's the combination of rhodiola and vitamin e water that is so potent.
If you decide to try this combination of remedies, give it a few days and then please let us know (yea or nay) what you think!
P. S. 1: No, we don't sell Rhodiola, but you can read more about it here.
P. S. 2: The following combo produces immediate results if you already exercise regularly and eat well (i.e., no fast or junk food). If you don't, this concoction may not work at all.
Delhi, Delhi, India
how to look young -- i always get a good sleep and put a hot cloth on all of my bumps and boils.
I will be 50 and look 30 (according to what I am constantly told).....I work out everyday, (run, weights, stretch, sit ups), drink ACV, take MSM, C, E and am a vegan and a beginning raw food live it person. I do not sleep a lot of hours and am very intolerant of toxic people, places and things. I laugh at myself and at life since I will sooner or later. I totally accept myself as I am as long as I am doing something about me and my life.