Last Modified on May 27, 2015
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a common skin disease causing facial redness, bumps and pimples. Demodex mites are suspected as the cause. Flare-ups are often triggered by sun, wind, exercise, stress or certain foods. Prescribed treatments are Doxycycline and medicated creams. The most commonly used natural cure for rosacea is Apple Cider Vinegar.
The other successful cure for rosacea is a borax/hydrogen peroxide/water mixture. Some report that both treatments are painful when first used and the skin seemed worse, but in 2-4 weeks the rosacea was gone. Some used an anti-dandruff shampoo. A gluten-free diet, reducing sugar and acid foods and maintaining pH at 7 are helpful.
Cure for Rosacea
- Always use a clean pillowcase.
- Apple Cider Vinegar wiped on face and let dry. Drink ACV tonic with meals: 1 tsp. ACV in glass of water (honey if desired). Gradually increase ACV to 1-2 TBSP.
- 1/2 TBSP Borax and 1/2 TBSP hydrogen peroxide mixed with a little water. Put on face; rinse off in 30 seconds. Optional: 2-5 drops tea tree oil. Mix 1/8 tsp. borax in 1 liter drinking water, drink throughout day.
- Selsun Blue or other anti-dandruff shampoo. Before bed, rinse face with warm water, rinse off. Reapply again, leave 5 min. and rinse off.
- Zinc oxide and a face cleaner with salicylic acid used morning and night.
- Aloe Vera, MD Matrix Cream, tea tree oil or colloidal silver dabbed on face.
Continue reading below for many more rosacea remedies recommended by our readers!
Additional Pages of Interest:
|Apple Cider Vinegar||14|
|Ted's Remedy Reader Feedback||11|
|Tea Tree Oil||5|
|Vitamin C and Lysine||4|
[YEA] I want to say very big thank you to people here who recomended using Sebiprox shampoo for rosacea. I have rosacea and stopped taking all antibiotics almost a year ago. Instead I wash my face with BICARB SODA and Sebiprox shampoo and my rosacea is almost gone! My skin looks so much better and healthier! I wash my face with sebiprox 2-3 times a week just before I go to bed. The rest of the week I wash it with bicarb soda (mix with a drop of water) also before I go to sleep. I don't use any other products. If you need to moisturise your skin I would recommend mixing a teaspoon of honey with a teaspoon of milk and apply it on your face as a mask. My skin looks better than ever! Thank you!
Replied by Mark