Last Modified on Nov 05, 2015
What Is Epididymitis?
Health conditions concerning the sexual organs are relatively common, particularly during early adulthood. Epididymitis is one such health issue that affects the male reproductive organs. Epididymitis involves the inflammation of the epididymis, or the coiled tube located at the back of the testicle that functions to store and carry sperm. The inflammation associated with epididymitis also causes pain and additional swelling of the region.
As a result of the internal inflammation, a number of other symptoms arise. Common symptoms of epididymitis include a tender and swollen scrotum, heat or warmth in the scrotum, testicle pain and tenderness and painful urination. Additional symptoms may include pain during intercourse or ejaculation, chills, fever, a noticeable lump on the testicle, swollen or enlarged lymph nodes, pain in the lower abdomen or pelvis, discharge from the penis and blood in the semen.
While any male can develop epididymitis, the condition is most common in individuals between the ages of 14 and 35. Several causes for epididymitis have been identified including sexually transmitted infections or STIs, nonsexually transmitted bacterial infection, heart medication amiodarone, tuberculosis, and urine in the epididymis. Factors contributing to the development of epididymitis include high-risk sexual behaviors, personal history of STI, past prostate or urinary tract infections, an uncircumcised penis, anatomical abnormality, certain medical procedures and prostate enlargement.
Natural Epididymitis Remedies
While epididymitis is often a painful condition, known treatments can fairly quickly remedy the condition. Natural epididymitis treatments include hamamelis viginica, colloidal silver and turmeric. Another epididymitis treatment regimen involves oil pulling, supplementing with aloe vera and NAC, drinking lemon juice and veggie juice, and avoiding carbs. Following this regimen is effective for most individuals suffering with extreme pain and inflammation. Exercise is generally effective for treating epididymitis pain as well. Oblique bends paired with a light cardiovascular workout daily can relive pain associated with the condition.
Epididymitis Triggers: Overstretching
1 0 User Ratings
[YEA] I recently went through an experience where I went to four different doctors seeking help to alleviate significant right testicle pain.
I described (what I considered to be) the root cause of the problem to each doctor: over-stretching during exercise. More specifically, doing butterfly stretches, something that I'd never really tried before.
The first doctor diagnosed me with prostatitis and put me on a course of antibiotics. The second and third doctors diagnosed me with epididymitis, and put me on a second course of antibiotics.
After a month the condition was no better, so I went to see a fourth doctor. When I described my condition to him as epididymitis, he smiled and said "or something like epdidymitis".
What? He then proceeded to tell me that my condition wasn't bacterial, but simply the inflammation of a nerve that runs through the groin area. He said that my condition was the result of an overstretched ligament from doing the butterfly stretches, and prescribed ice and Advil.
And he was right.
I've discovered that almost every time that I get sick, it simply means that I'm doing something wrong, and I just need to figure out what it is. This experience is an example of that maxim, and I can only imagine that if it holds true for me, then it holds true for others as well.
Anyway, I ended up diagnosed with three different things by four different people, and saw first hand how crucial it is for doctors to listen hard, and to occasionally think outside of the box.
No more butterfly stretches for me! Hope this helps someone.
1 0 User Ratings
[YEA] Homeopathic remedy: hamamelis virginica 30x for epididymitis:
A family member had good results with above remedy. He took a dose 30 minutes apart for three times. Followed by a dose two hours apart for three times. Followed by a dose six hours apart for three times.
He avoided all products containing mint and caffaine for the duration for the regiment and for 24 hours after symptoms had subsided. No need to awaken during the night to take remedy. Just proceed with regiment the next day. Good luck. YEA
Replied by Tom
Replied by Charles
Replied by Rin
0 0 User Ratings
Better results tweaking protocol; first oil pull 15 minutes every morning squeeze 1 lemon into 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil; drink it with 1 NAC followed by 1 glass of water. Then take 1 capful aloe vera; then 1 yakult probitiic. wait 10 minutes.
Then 1/2 cup grapefruit juice with 1/2 cup veggies juice; (kale, carrots, celery); with 1/4 teaspoon cloves; 1 tablespoon diamactaceous earth w 1 teaspon ACV; with 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper; with 2 garlic pills, vit A, vit D, beta caratene, 1 C (NO CALCIUM in this supplement) 500 mg, 1-2 Boron plls;1 oregano capsule ; all of these with no food at b fast. Collidial silver 3-4 X per day 1 tablespoon
Mid morning: drink 1 qt of water w 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Lunch: thai soup; indian food; with taking only 2 garlic capsules and 1 oregano capsule; 1-2 boron if achy bones after lunch.
3-4 PM: 2 BHT capsules with 2 capsules garlic.
Dinner: meat with fat; salad; no carbs
After dinner; homemade kefir goat milk
Replied by Carlotanes
Replied by Ecogenie
Epididymitis cure: I was fixed then 2 years later had epidymitis;
1. oil pull first thing am at least 15 minutes.
2. 1 capful aloe vera.
3. NAC (N acytel cystine) w 1 vit C
4. 1 lemon squeezed into 1/4 to 1/3 olive oil ; drink then drink 1 cup water. (do this for 5 -7 straight days; take 1-2 days break; then 4-5 straight days; then 2 days break; then go to 2-3 days on; 2 days skip)
5. Veggies juice (everyday, no skips)(perfer to use 1/4 cup cranberry juice, with 3/4 cup kale & beets juice made by you fresh , (soak kale and beets for 1 day before juicing in food grade hyd perox, 1 cap full with water) no sugar added to juice w Diamactaceous earth 1 tbspn; 1 tbspn ACV
Then coffe or espresso (1-2 cups) w 1 tbspn local honey & 1 tbspn BSM.
6. EATING b fast is Optional (recccomend first week do not eat solid foood b fast; just lunch and dinner);Garlic w eggs or eat eggs w cocounut oil or real butter; then take 1 cayenne pepper; 1 garlic pil (if not in eggs); 1-2 parasite fighters (good brand); OR DO NOT EAT; and place red bird pper (1/8 teaspn) in number 5 above. If you do not eat ; still take garlic supp, parasite fighter.
7. 3 hours later around 1030-11 am; take 1 BHT w water
8. Lunch: Eat thai food; salads; heaalthy only with iced tea. Then take; 1 vitc, 1 garlic, 1 cool cayeene red pepper pill, 1-2 parasite fighters; 1 b complex if needed for energy.
9. 330 pm-430 pm: red bird pepper 1/8 teaspoon or cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon) in black iced tea w 1 lemon squeezed into tea. take 1 tea bag and use for at least 4 cups of tea; weak tea mix. 4:30-5 pm BHT (1 or 2 depends on wt above) Optional after 1-2 weeks of doing number 9; you can skip tea w peper and do 1 tbspn straight BSM w 1-2 BHT (wt dependent).
10. Dinner; no supplements.
11. 1 hour before bedtime (1 acidophillus pll; 1-2 parasite busters).
Skip #11 after 2-3 weeks once condition improves dramatically. alsp drop to 1 BHT 2 X per day ebven if >220 LBS weight after 2 weeks. This works.
Replied by Amyk
1 0 User Ratings
[YEA] My husband has suffered with this excruciating pain several times. Prescription drugs did not help, and sometimes the pain lasted for days. I filled a plastic capsule with turmeric from the grocery store. About 3 hours later I noticed he wasn't groaning and complaining about the pain anymore. He had another capsule 6 hours later, then another the next morning and afternoon. Pain and swelling are now gone and he is making plans to golf this afternoon. This is a miracle for him, as he as NEVER recovered so quickly.
Replied by Amyk
Replied by Ali
Replied by Thomas
Replied by Tom
Replied by Mike