Last Modified on Oct 11, 2014
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to the tough, fibrous scarring of liver tissue caused by chronic inflammation. The scarring replaces normal liver cells, but is not functional. Scarred tissue is unable to detoxify the body. The goals of cirrhosis treatment are to prevent more scar tissue from forming and to treat cirrhosis complications and symptoms (hepatitis medications, for example). Antioxidants help reduce damage from free radicals: Vitamin E (1-2000 IU daily), Vitamin C (1000 mg. 2x daily) and Selenium 200 (300 mg daily).
Natural Cirrhosis Treatment
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and eat healthy low-sodium diet with lean protein. Don't eat raw seafood. Avoid infections, aspirin and ibuprofen.
- BHT (Butylated hydroxytoluene) is an antioxidant derived from phenol. 350 mg. 2x daily restored liver function in a month.
- Green smoothies w/spinach, wheat-grass juice and a liver tonic.
- Ted from Bangkok, Thailand recommended: "Bleeding may be helped with vitamin K1 100 mg x 5, and vitamin K2 100 mg x 5. Liver cirrhosis needs granulated lecithin 1 teaspoon tube fed, 2x daily, and vitamin C 500 mg x 8 times a day. The best vitamin K is Glakay, 15 mg x 5 times a day, it is K2 M4, but is hard to find. The N Acetyl Cysteine non-effervescent is given 250 mg x 8 times a day, initially to detox as it is a precursor to glutathione.
- Milk Thistle (Silymarin) and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Also did wheat-grass enemas and epsom salt baths.
- Milk Thistle and Turmeric.
- German Camomile Tea, 3 cups a day. Tomato juice also good.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA)
Remedies for Cirrhosis
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||1||2013-02-01|
|Primary Biliary Cirrhosis||1||2012-07-10|
I have cirrhosis of the liver, here is a list of the medications I'm currently taking:
Aciphex 20 MG TBEC 2 daily, Risperidone 0. 5 MG, Tab ZDY 2 daily, Aciphex 20 MG TBEC 2 daily, Risperidone 0. 5 MG, Tab ZDY 2 daily, Propranolol 10 MG, Tab PLIVA 2 daily, Spironolactone 25 MG Tab 2 daily, Furosemide 20 MG Tabs 1 daily, Lactulose 10 MG/15 Sol HI, 8 Sertraline 25mg daily
Can I take Alpha lipoic acid with all the other medications?
Does BHT help only with Hep B & C or does it also help with alcohol induced cirrhosis?
Replied by Abigail
San Felice Circeo Italy
My cousin Kirk has N.A.F.L.D non alcoholic cirrhosis he has been told by a very well known big hospital that he was defiantly a candidate for a liver transplant but that his insurance was not good enough & even if they did the surgery he wouldn't be able to afford the drugs after. Now he has been in their local hospital for a blood clot in his shoulder & artery in his neck, it was determined that it would be too dangerous to be removed & was put in rehab, but he signed himself out & said that if he was going to die he wanted to die at home he is that far into his disease. Could the remedies you suggest help him at this late stage of his disease?
Replied by Chris
Replied by Mike62
I am 37 years old and recently diagnosed with PBC. Otherwise I am in good health. I am taking the one prescribed medication and I am responding well. It is in stage 1. I am still tired at times (more then I should be) but other then that feel ok. Does anyone have this and have any suggestions since they say "you can't get rid of this"?
Replied by Laurie
Replied by Lalita
Replied by Tina
Replied by Paul
Replied by Haya
A friend of mine was just diagnosed with non-alcoholic liver cirrhosis and fatty liver. Would Serrapeptase help with both? Does anyone have experience with it? What else should she take? Do the recommended supplements work with it?