B6 for Cradle cap:
Most cradle's cap is due to a deficiency of Vitamin B6 and magnesium (B6 needs magnesium to be absorbed).
*Take B6. A nursing mother should take 30mg of P5P (P5P is the best form of B6, it is active B6) supplement each day for at least a month, plus 250 milligrams of magnesium.
Topical B6 for Cradle cap.
This works very very well.
*Apply a vit-b6 salve or cream to head 2x daily for 2 to 3 days.
Topical B6 recipe:
Things You'll Need
- Vitamin P5P (B6) capsules (or tablets)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mortar and pestle (*if using tablets.)
- Measuring cup
1. Using P5P capsules is best because there is less fillers in the capsules than the tablets. If using tablets, Mortar and pestle. Crush two or three Vitamin B6 tablets with a mortar and pestle until very fine.
2. Measure 1/4 cup vegetable oil and pour into a clean bowl. Add crushed B6 tablets and mix well.
3. Apply mixture to baby's scalp two times daily. The cradle cap should clear up in two days.